Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Enable coauthoring (co-auth) between multiple users (don't lock files)

(2016-03-01 Title updated for clarity by Dan [MS])

19 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Product Owner, Office.com) responded  · 

As announced today on our TechCommunity, coauthoring is now enabled so that multiple users can edit without locking files. This is available for O365 Subscribers and works if the file is saved to OneDrive or OneDrive for Business.

Read more about it here – https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365-Blog/Shared-Office-codebase-for-Windows-Mac-iOS-and-Android-means/ba-p/150291

Thanks – Steve K [MS Excel]

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Steve - Can we open this up outside of OneDrive and Sharepoint to other Cloud Services like Box and DropBox?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry this is not actually working properly... it doesn't work for files that are synced locally using the OneDrive Mac client... such files are treated as non-cloud shared files by Office on Mac.

• Chris Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excel for Windows current branch supports shared editing of excel files. Excel for Mac does not yet have this feature which is complicating our business processes. Would like to see this implemented soon.

• Davis Newman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking for a way to collaborate an Excel spreadsheet on four devices. Two have Mac OS Sierra and two have iOS 10. I would like to be able to make a change on any one of the devices and have it update the others. All devices are mine. All are on my Office 365/OneDrive account.

• Juan Camilo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to include the cloud version of an excel file where many collaborators can join and work at same time over the same file?

Are your working on it?

Is it ready but i don't know?

Feedback and Knowledge Base