Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Turn off partial column scrolling (bring back snap to grid scrolling)

In previous versions of Excel, moving the sheet around in the window was done column by column, or row by row. With a MacBook Pro touchpad, I can move the sheet with two fingers, but instead of moving cell by cell, I keep losing half of a cell off the left side of the window. Drives me crazy.

6 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • J. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Windows 10, right click on the Windows icon, select Devices, then Mouse. Go the second option of "Roll the mouse wheel to scroll" to "Multiple lines at a time", then got to the third option "Choose how many lines to scroll" and move the slider bar all the way to the left to "1".

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nobody cares what you morons think, just let us know how we, who hat that ****, can turn in off.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, is it possible to turn OFF snap to grid ? It is insane, when i am moving around sheet by touchpad and excel re-centering view every time to other position.

• Peter Gorham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, the smooth scrolling with parts of a cell moving off the side of the window is preferable to the jerky motion that moving cell by cell (snap to grid) would give. If you plan to make this change, please do so by making it selectable in preferences.

Feedback and Knowledge Base