How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Fix navigation arrows for worksheet tabs in full screen view

When using excel on a mac in full screen view the arrows that appear to the very left of the first tab name do not work. This is super frustrating when you are using workbooks with many tabs that overflow the width of the screen. Switching through them with keyboard shortcuts to get to a tab that is off screen is very tedious.
This functionality returns in non-full screen views.

47 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Debbie N.Debbie N. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to put up with excel arrows not working but I can't take it anymore. I paid to use the entire program and I want the entire program to work. This has gone on long enough!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, these tips are insane. Who ever thought this was a good idea as a "permanent" feature? It's like having to listen to a "helpful tip" on bicyling before you can change gears on a bike. Seriously, the level of design stupidity at work here.

• Kevin HagenKevin Hagen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

/agree - when one is working in a big workbook with many worksheets, it's very frustrating for this to break ones train of thought. again and again and again
        I'd hate to trivialize the effort involved to fix - but I can't help but feel this has an existing, known and tested 'best practice' solution that someone simply failed to implement.
        (e.g. locate the tool tips 'not' on top of the controls they are referencing)
        Or just let me turn them off "OK - got it" kind of thing.

• David Toub, MD, MBADavid Toub, MD, MBA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In any multi-tabbed spreadsheet, if the file is opened in Full Screen Mode under OS X, then those little arrows at the bottom left stop working. It makes it nearly impossible to work with a lot of tabs. Either fix this or bring back the double arrows from Excel 2011 and earlier.

• Phillip JonesPhillip Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it is very annoying In fact all tool-tips should be allowed to be turn off. Most get in the way of doing job they are supposed to be describing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For large multi-worksheet workbooks the screen tip blocks you from clicking the left and right arrows making it difficult and sometimes impossible to scroll to worksheets that are not visible.

• Morris ChubbMorris Chubb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The pop-up "Cmd + Left click: Scroll to the first sheet. Right click: See all sheets" when trying to negotiate between tabs is very annoying and counter productive

• r v amerongenr v amerongen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Specialy using the fullscreen window, its difficult to travel to hidden tabs using the left and right arrow at the very left side of the tab bar. This is happening because hovering the mouse over those arrow's lets popup a txt box with "cmd-leftmouse blah blah txt". In small screens like 13" MBP this is very annoying. please fix this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base