How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Please add ALL of the functionality in Windows Excel and make Mac Excel to be the same

1. In Windows Excell you can search for data in one tab or in all tabs in the workbook.

In Mac Excel the functionality exists to search for the positioned to tab only.

To search all, user will have to select each tab and search on that tab.

If you have 255 tabs, you have to repeat that search 255 times.

That is an inconsistent functionality.

2. In Windows Excel, user can utilise keyboard to toggle between several open workbooks. In Mac excel, user cannot do same.

21 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    already supported  ·  Excel Team [MSFT]AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Thanks for posting this suggestion. This request is already supported in Excel for Mac. You can search the workbook and if you click Next/Previous in the search field, it will take you to the sheets where the search result is found. You can also go to Edit > Find > Find…, and choose the option to find “Within” the workbook or the sheet.

With regard to switching between open workbooks, you can press CMD + ` (the key above the TAB key on US keyboard). This switches between windows in Excel.

Steve K [Microsoft Excel]

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In VBA for excel I can use "aux1 = Application.WorksheetFunction.Norm_S_Dist(Sheets(b).Cells(4, (i * 3)), True)", in excel for a mac not. I need it, how can I obtain the funcionality?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, that was a good laugh !! Microsoft wants customers suggestions, then brushes off "make Mac Excel equal to Windows Excel" as .... "ALREADY SUPPORTED" Sorry I have to share that one around https://tinyurl.com/yadft2zo

• PhilipPhilip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My suugestion to make Excel for Mac the same as Excel for Windows was rejected for not being specific enough ... it wasn't focussing on what Mac users wamt from Excel !?!
        1. Mac Excel is unstable
        2. Mac Excel is slow and sluggish (Troy autofiltering a long table
        3. VBA on Mac is reduce to just a text editor, no help, object browser, ...
        4. ...
        Excel started out as a Mac program and would not have existed without Mac. Nog we pay the same price as Windows users do for an amateuristic piece of software. The request is very specific : make Mac Excel identical to Win Excel ... you can do that for Word and PowerPoint so don't respond to the "user's voice" in such ridiculous and belittling way ... not making any MS customers any happier with that ...

Feedback and Knowledge Base