Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Page Break Preview view

Please implement the "Page Break Preview" view like in Excel 2016 (Windows Version)

42 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential feature for Excel; the fallback, copying the relevant page, deleting all other content and formatting print to fit is intensely labor intensive and prone to error. Please restore the page break preview functionality!

• DH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would you remove an essential feature for anyone who wants to print an excel file out. Which, as someone who works at a printers, is quite a lot of people!

• DJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please restore Page Break Preview for Mac. Why would you remove such a basic function?

• Barbara Napoli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes so annoying that MS does NOT provide the same features of the PC versions to MAC users.... The world is bigger now and not made just by PCs...!!!

• anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

omg! please please please let me adjust my page breaks manually!! you're killing me! this is the worst thing ever!! who got rid of this?! they should be fired!! grrr making my job way harder than it needs to be. I'm not going to lie, i HATE office 2016 so much

• Frustrated Excel User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spend a significant amount of time trying to deal with printing problems in Excel simply because Page Break preview is no longer available. It actually hurts our office productivity; I have no idea why this helpful feature was removed.

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows has a view you can select at the bottom right called page break view that lets you customize exactly what gets printed. This has to be done in a cumbersome way in Mac OS. Can we have the same functionality as in Windows?

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base