How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Page Break Preview view

Please implement the "Page Break Preview" view like in Excel 2016 (Windows Version)

42 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • S HollandS Holland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Steve K, This is also needed for the Microsoft Excel for Mac!!! This is why I started my thread in 2016.

• William ForbesWilliam Forbes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need Page Break Preview and Print Preview capability restored IMMEDIATELY to Excel 2016 for Mac! The basic features of your products should function the same on all operating systems on which they are offered. This will make the user community happy and enable Microsoft to sell more of their software products.

• Olivier MOlivier M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Steve. Don't see that Page Break Preview or Page Layout View button in my ribbon, version 15.36 (170702)!

Besides, I cannot find a solution to the problem of not being able to set multiple print areas in a worksheet to print as pages in a PDF format. I don't see the 'add to print area' like explained in this article (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Set-or-clear-a-print-area-on-a-worksheet-27048af8-a321-416d...) on my Mac version of Excel.

It does work on the Windows version of Excel so why not on the Mac version, did we pay less for Office 365, don't think so, so why less features in the Mac version? Any reason why?

Also maybe add some 'engineers' with Mac knowledge to the Office 365 support team might help in not wasting your engineer's time and ours on the phone or rewrite the playbook of the engineers with a Office 365 for Mac section to the knowledge base/tools/known issues to solve them and give valuable feedback to Office 365 for Mac users.

Thanks for the help and having a look into the 'add to Print Area' issue to bring Excel for Mac to the same level as Excel for Windows!

Olivier

• CansunCansun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for that option but in windows page break preview is better than Mac. When you select that button outer parts of printing area is still white, if that part gets dark gray it will be better and easy to use printing.

• Rick LawrenceRick Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for following up, Anonymous. I did check for the latest update before writing my note but 15.32 seemed to be the latest. Now I see that 15.34 has been released.

• Rick LawrenceRick Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am running the latest Excel version (15.32) but cannot see a Page Break Preview button anywhere on the ribbon or status bar. Does this fix only apply to the Windows version?

We need Page Break Preview and Print Preview capability restored IMMEDIATELY to Excel 2016 for Mac! The basic features of your products should function the same on all operating systems on which they are offered. This will make the user community happy and enable Microsoft to sell more of their software products.

EVERYONE copy and paste this comment into your comment to get Microsoft's attention!!! Bombard them until they hear our voice!!!

• Bob VenderleyBob Venderley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need Page Break Preview and Print Preview capability immediately restored to Excel 2016 for Mac! The basic features of your products should function the same on all operating systems on which they are offered. This will make the user community happy and enable Microsoft to sell more of their software products.

• Leyda MendezLeyda Mendez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please y'all. Vote also on "Printing vertical and horizontal worksheets". Greatly appreciated.

Why the heck do we have to vote to bring back a previous excel capability of Page Break Preview and Print Preview that should have NEVER been removed from Microsoft Excel for Mac. Please return it ASAP!!!

• Steve K (Program Manager, Microsoft)Steve K (Program Manager, Microsoft) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are a few ways to do this in Excel 2016 for Mac. Each of these will affect only the current sheet:
        1. You can go to the Excel preferences and choose View > Page Breaks.
        2. You can go to the View tab, and choose Page Layout View, then switch back to Normal. This will cause page breaks to show in your sheet.
        3. Another way is to go to the Page Layout tab and choose Breaks > Insert Page Break. Then click Breaks > Reset All Page Breaks.

I hope this helps.

Steve (Microsoft Excel)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An essential feature for Excel users and a complete pain that it is not on the Mac version with full functionality. I hate to resort to Parallels VM or a Windows machine , just to be able to access full Office functionality.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement the "Page Break Preview" view like in Excel 2016 (Windows Version)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base