Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

fixing deletion of first part of formula when type and insert a function from popup in formula bar + an great idea request

when I have a formula like '=A1*D44+(100/3)' in a field and then I put the cursor in front of 'A1' and start typing 'Afron...' ( dutch for roundup ) then there pops up a popup list with rounding function. Fine so far. But when I choose any formula function then it removes the first few items of the existing formula. Bad bad boy's! Very annoying when you have to do this for a lot of changes.
When you get this solved, it would be nice that when I have a formula part selected, that when inserting a formula function that the selected part will be the first part of the inserted function, or at least that the second ')' wil be inserted after the selected part.
Sample: I have the formula 'A23*B24/100 + 1' . I have 'B24/100' selected with the cursor in front of the 'B'. The I start typing 'Round' and choose RoundUp function from the popup list the I would like to see the following result 'A23*RoundUp(B24/100;)+1' With the cursor just after the first ';' ( delimiter) in case a formula/function needs more then one delimiter

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

r v amerongen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)