Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Please add a function to insert .pdf documents into excel speadsheets

I'd like to be able to add embed a .pdf document in a spreadsheet, and view it as either an icon or a link to the embedded document.

Thanks.

135 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue.Please , please add a feature in Excel which can embed a pdf file using a Mac

I agree. Adding a PDF to an Excel document that allows opening in Preview is a must feature. Makes the workbook a container for PDFs and extremely useful. The apps in Mac are just folders - it seems adding this functionality is more than doable.

John, At the moment you can imbed a PDF, just drag it into the worksheet, but it only shows/ can access the first page which is the same result as your jpeg workaround. It’s about embedding a full multi page document.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work around- Screen shot of pdf (Shft - Cmd - 4). Saved as jpg. Inserted jpg into new Word doc. Embedded word doc into Excel.
    Few extra steps but works.

• Omer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do it! Add it, i just upgraded Mac 2011 to 2019 for this feature specifically and surprised to know it isn't available!

Can't believe this isn't present in Mac version of Excel - absolutely crucial for business/professional use.

It would be incredibly useful if the functionality to embed a PDF document into Word and Excel could be available to MAC users as this is such a useful feature and is frustrating that yet again MAC users are disadvantaged in the capabilities of the software. This function is very useful when running a project.

Please add this. much required option. This is a critical function in business.

Please add this option, we need in our work reporting reporting and sharing file for specific functions and link. hyperlink useful only if you are using dropbox, but using google drive with restricted rights not possible.

It's pain ********** in 2019. My excel file cannot be distributed to OSX users, it's a lost of revenue

Insane that Mac users have been ignored for this function - please update so that we can embed PDFs to Excel/Work asap!!

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ADD THIS OPTION TO EMBED A PDF---Mac is NOT the same as PC versions. How this has slipped by for so long is asinine.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base