Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Please add a function to insert .pdf documents into excel speadsheets

I'd like to be able to add embed a .pdf document in a spreadsheet, and view it as either an icon or a link to the embedded document.

Thanks.

115 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this isn't present in Mac version of Excel - absolutely crucial for business/professional use.

It would be incredibly useful if the functionality to embed a PDF document into Word and Excel could be available to MAC users as this is such a useful feature and is frustrating that yet again MAC users are disadvantaged in the capabilities of the software. This function is very useful when running a project.

Please add this option, we need in our work reporting reporting and sharing file for specific functions and link. hyperlink useful only if you are using dropbox, but using google drive with restricted rights not possible.

It's pain ********** in 2019. My excel file cannot be distributed to OSX users, it's a lost of revenue

Insane that Mac users have been ignored for this function - please update so that we can embed PDFs to Excel/Work asap!!

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ADD THIS OPTION TO EMBED A PDF---Mac is NOT the same as PC versions. How this has slipped by for so long is asinine.

• Ananya Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is something so basic that has existed in the Windows version of Excel for a decade missing?

Please add this feature. It would be a huge help for me to be able to do my job better. Thanks!

While we are waiting for this to happend (hopefully soon)..
        I have a solution. Try to do a'hyperlink.. a link to that pdf.file. I use dropbox, so make a folder for specific pdf.files you want to put in, then I copy dropbox link on each one of pdf.file. So when You share someone with that excel file. they still can open those pdf.files with hyperlink..
        This is the best I can come up with this solution for mac user.

Hope you understand.
        /BKT

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base