Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Please add a function to insert .pdf documents into excel speadsheets

I'd like to be able to add embed a .pdf document in a spreadsheet, and view it as either an icon or a link to the embedded document.

Thanks.

91 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While we are waiting for this to happend (hopefully soon)..
        I have a solution. Try to do a'hyperlink.. a link to that pdf.file. I use dropbox, so make a folder for specific pdf.files you want to put in, then I copy dropbox link on each one of pdf.file. So when You share someone with that excel file. they still can open those pdf.files with hyperlink..
        This is the best I can come up with this solution for mac user.

Hope you understand.
        /BKT

I just found out it doesn't have that feature... totally ridiculous! Hey Microsoft, add it please....

• p commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought there was something wrong with my excel for mac that the option to add pdf to spreadsheet is not an option on object insert...microsoft is at it again. Please add this object insert ie. pdf and a whole lot of other type of files to excel as a must have feature in your soon to be or next release.

Currently using O365 personal.

Ditto. Ridiculous. Can't believe I have to pass a vote on this user-friendly feature that really should have been implemented from the beginning.

• A T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As other have mentioned, its 2018, 3 years since the original request.
        I would rather run a VM for this than change to windows!

• Maurizio Stella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This missing functionality has a huge impact for my daily business.
        It can be done in another Microsoft application (OneNote) just with a simple drag and drop and for any type of files. Please improve the development to make Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) more modern. Thanks.

• JP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WTF this is ridiculous. I cant embed a PDF into excel, what year is this??? Next your going to tell me that I cant save a file? GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE Microsoft!!

I agree - This is ridiculous - how are we suppose to work with colleagues on the same files and produce professional results!!!! Do we really have to install a VM just to run Excel!!!! urgggggg

• MS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto. There are so many features Mac Excel lacks - it would be really great if we could get similar functionality for mac.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having this feature would be great. And having the ability to view multiple pages of an embedded PDF would be essential. Perhaps being able to open it in Preview would help viewing more complex documents. I envision the PDF being embedded in the Excel document so when you email someone the Excel they have the PDF(s) as well. Thanks!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base