Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Make available the forecast tool since that is needed for several statistical analysis

The forecast tool is fully available in the Windows version. Its absence actually limits various processes that are so important from financial and statistical point of view. Please look into this and try including it in the future.

111 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Shivendra Sharma shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Accepting Votes  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Thanks for this suggestion. The FORECAST.ETS functions are available in version 16.x of Excel for Mac. We will continue to monitor this suggestion and prioritize it as appropriate with the other suggestions here.

Steve K [MS Excel]

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this for my workflow. A dedicated forecast sheet (such as that available on Windows Excel) considerably shortens the time needed for quick analyses and visualization of forecasts. The lack of such functionality on Excel for Mac has me actually looking to R for when my Office 365 expires since the main benefit of Excel is speed for such tasks and I’m not really getting it without full forecast functionality on Mac.

• Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm currently taking a computer class (college) that uses advanced Excel functions. It is so ridiculously frustrating to have to go to the library to use a computer with a Microsoft OS just to get it done. I'm pretty sure the cost for Windows Office, and Mac Office is the same, so what the heck? Why so many differences? This is just one of the many I've noticed...

• Jeremy Littman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - the new forecast functions: FORECAST.ETS, FORECAST.LINEAR are actually listed in the Excel for Mac 15.17 online help but not available to as functions.

Equally, the Windows forecasting tool found under Data Tab next to What-if Analysis is very powerful and of great use to all users for financial forecast analysis:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-a-forecast-in-Excel-2016-for-Windows-22c500da-6da7-45e5-bfdc-60a7062329fd

It seems that Microsoft are now pushing to provide a seamless integration across Mac and Windows platforms yet the release of new features in Windows versions of Excel without replicating them in Mac is a contradiction in their roadmap.

Feedback and Knowledge Base