Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Enable VBA Support for creating and editing UserForms (not the Data Form)

In previous versions of Mac Excel you could create a Form/Dialog using VBA (called a VBA UserForm). In Mac Excel 2016, you can no longer do this. Please bring that functionality back. Note that this is different than the "Form" option on the Data menu. There's a separate suggestion on UserVoice for that.

(March-2018: MS updated the Title and Description to avoid confusion with the Data Form request)

717 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion and for the support of this feature. If you meant to vote for the Data Form, which is different than VBA UserForms, please change your vote to that suggestion instead. From reading the comments on this one, it seems that some clarification was needed.

I updated the title and description for this one and we’ll continue to monitor for comments and votes.

Here’s the link to the Data Form suggestion – https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304933-excel-for-mac/suggestions/17930662-restore-data-form-functionality

Steve K [MS Excel]

181 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Upgraded my Office to be able to write macro's on the Mac, only to find out now that Userforms are not supported. Really MS, WTF! Your sales pitch claims the same functionality as for Windows (Office 365 for Windows, Mac, iOS etc) but clearly these are different products

• DomC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please could someone post where the best place to find latest information about this topic and when it might be implemented in the beta releases? Am I right in thinking it's definitely being worked on and it's just a question of time?

Very frustrating that there's no User Form option. How come Macs are so behind Windows in their Office functionality?!!

• Don S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft. Please be honest and tell us what, if anything, you intend to do on VBA user forms for Mac. Dropping this support has severely impaired my ability to get things done. But, if you've really abandoned us, we need to know it -- write off our Office purchase, find a work-around, and walk away

HOW IS THERE NO FUNCTIONALITY TO INSERT USERFORMS ON MAC EXCEL 2016 - This is actually outrageous.

• Miritza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just changed to Apple under duress and now there is no VBA Userform geez wayne, I spent quite a bit of time creating and writing code for a user form on my PC only to find it doesnt work on my mac, not happy, nearly brought me to tears after all my hard work!!! Please put it back, soon.

Or at least tell me how I can use this file in Excel 2016

• Mitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

UGH I've been trying to get find where to build VBA User Forms for 90 min before finding this search result. Kill ME

• Jerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just evaluating Office 2016 (365) for Mac. We have Office 2011 on all our machines still. Discovered that creating VBA UserForms is not supported. Upgrade killer. Also, Office is not supported in Visual Basic Study for Mac, so work-arounds for the future are limited.

I just spent hours to search for userforms before landing on this page. What is our suscription to Office 365 worth if we cannot use the product to work?!

Please fix this asap, thanks

This is a critical business use case for continuity and business productivity.

I must be added.

Product development and product engineering - this is a requirement and an absolute need!

As described by others on here - userforms for the MacOS version of Excel. I'm using a mac exclusively and trying to complete a project for a customer that uses windows.

I can't create the userform necessary and can't travel the distance to their office to use a windows pc to create the userform, to return home and then complete the code..!!!

• Gregory Boudon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've worked all my life on PC and just turned on Mac. I'm now stucked with that poor Excel version. So disapointed. Please update userform. How could you have removed that key option !? Plese help your clients, we spend enough money for your products.

• Bakes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am definitely voting for the User Form. I work with many who find spreadsheets difficult to navigate spreadsheets with many columns and need to enter many rows of data in batches. User Forms make this much easier. Please bring back User Forms.

• Essie Djafarian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential part of excel. With more financial institutions using the Mac OS and the fact that these 3 programs were essentially developed on the Mac, it is unbelievable to see that there should be a difference between the Mac and the PC version.
    We have supported Microsoft all these years and now we are stuck because the most essential pieces of this software that we have used all these years is missing, because of “I don’t know what?”
    Please fix this essential part as it is very important.
    Thank you for your support and attention

i literally cannot complete my homework because userform is not on excel mac. I am failing my classes because of you microsoft please get it together

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially since User-Defined functions are one of the big reasons to use VBA in the first place. Agree, time to take MS to the standards authorities for shady sales activities.

Feedback and Knowledge Base