Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Modern Charts for Excel

Make the Modern Charts (Treemap, Sunburst etc) that are available on the Windows version of Office also available on the Mac version

326 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Charles Sultana shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Product Owner, Office.com) responded  · 

Hi All – the new version of Excel for Mac (version 16.x) includes the modern chart types. There are TreeMap, Sunburst, Waterfall, and Histogram charts now available. Office 365 subscribers also get Funnel and Map charts (as on Excel for Windows). There are some improvements coming for all these chart types in the next few months.

To update to the latest version of Excel, go to the Help menu and click Check for Updates.

Thanks – Steve K [MS Excel]

67 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spreadsheets that include charts should be viewable on both PC and Mac but they aren't because the Mac doesn't include all chart types.

• Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just updated to Office 2016 for Mac and only now found that the Starburst Chart functionality is not included. Incredibly disappointing.

bad deal to buy office 2016 on my mac but the waterfall chart can't be use in my excel 2016

Please add Waterfall charts into Excel Mac version. It is disappointing to pay for Mac Excel 2016 upgrade to realise, it lack all the new Windows chart templates. Common Microsoft. It is not that hard. What a poor Product Roadmap strategy is this. If you charge the same money for Mac versions, you need to offer the same capabilities.

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base