Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Modern Charts for Excel

Make the Modern Charts (Treemap, Sunburst etc) that are available on the Windows version of Office also available on the Mac version

326 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Charles Sultana shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminExcel Team [MSFT] (Product Owner, Office.com) responded  · 

Hi All – the new version of Excel for Mac (version 16.x) includes the modern chart types. There are TreeMap, Sunburst, Waterfall, and Histogram charts now available. Office 365 subscribers also get Funnel and Map charts (as on Excel for Windows). There are some improvements coming for all these chart types in the next few months.

To update to the latest version of Excel, go to the Help menu and click Check for Updates.

Thanks – Steve K [MS Excel]

67 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Vagni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed that excel for OS X does not support box plot, etc.
    Please introduce them, it shouldn't be a major problem.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will waterfall charts be available for Mac? I don't see an ETA at all...

• Shaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No you are not. If you were, something would change and it hasn't. You simply continue as Microsoft to deceive your customers deliberately. The equally patronizing 'Thanks' closing out your email says all.

• Sven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately there is no treemap chart available in Office 2016 for Mac, while it is available in the Windows version. It would be a very useful addition.

• Scott Kaplan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring the Modern Charts to Excel for Mac! Also, the PivotTable functionality needs some serious updating compared to the PC version.

• Shaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In 6 months, nothing has changed. Disappointing really and demonstrates a lack of intent.

• Bård Standal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an ETA for this? We are a Norwegian company with app 300 employees. Basically what is keeping us with Office 365 instead of moving to Google docs is the ability to integrate Powerpoint with ThinkCell waterfall charts where needed (and a couple of Excel-features). In the BYOD world several employees are now moving to Mac instead of Windows and this would be their alternative. If you are not able to fix this within a reasonable time I think we will move over to Google Apps and instead buy separate licenses for the few who really need this.

• AdminScott Ruble (PM MSFT) (Admin, Office.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, we can't talk about a specific release date yet. However, work is underway to support Waterfall charts in the Mac as well as all of the new chart types released in the Windows version of Office 2016. When we get closer to finishing this work, more information will be provided about a release timeframe.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

• francois marchessaux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, do you have any deadline for the delivery of these important features ? It decided me to migrate to Office 2016... ?

• Victoria Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could give more votes to this issue. Modern charts would be incredibly helpful to my work. @Scott please make it happen it would be very much appreciated. Thank You

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, it is a terrible misrepresentation that these features aren't available on the Mac version.

• AdminScott Ruble (PM MSFT) (Admin, Office.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As noted previously, this issue is actively being worked on. This is a significant engineering project that involves all of Excel - not just the new charts. Unfortunately, we cannot give a timeframe for when the work will be completed at this time. When we get closer to completion, more information on the details will be posted.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4 months since MSFT posted to be "working on a plan". So when is it gonna be available ?

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was the one and only reason for me to upgrade and pay 149 EUR, and now this functionality appears to lack in the Mac version; I thought it was me overlooking it, because I could not imagine that it was legt out - since this was advertised as one of the new features. A real shame ! Money back until it is fixed !

Feedback and Knowledge Base