Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Keep format the same when pasting an Excel graph into Word

When I paste an Excel graph into a Word file (just copy-paste), the color of some of the lines and markers change. I would like to keep the format the same.

10 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Saskia Aldershof shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rick Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The whole COPY-PASTE thing in EXCEL 2016 for MAC does not function correctly. Copying a table of data and pasting it as a PDF in a WORD document or Powerpoint presentation is an ESSENTIAL feature if Office is truly an integrated system. This method of copying and pasting ensures the incorporation high resolution graphics into a report or other important document. However, after many years of being able to do this with earlier versions, the feature does not work in the latest EXCEL 2016. “Pasting as PDF” results in the loss of formats and other glitches. My only solution is to open files in my old Office 2008 and perform this ESSENTIAL function using the old software. Of course, this is crazy. Please look into fixing this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem occurs when copying/pasting an Excel table on a Mail message. It obliges to pass through Word, adjust the formattng and then copy/paste from Word on Mail.. Irritating waste of time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base