Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Add webdav support

Hi,

I recently discovered that saving files to a webdav volume with Word, Excel or PowerPoint 2016 wouldn't work. I thought it was a bug and I opened a case at the support who explained to me that saving files to webdav volumes was not supported in Office for Mac 2016.

I think it would be a great feature to re-introduce webdav support in Office 2016 as it is a very good way to access your files from a network drive that works anyware, while keeping your content hosted corporately.

Best regards

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fabien Viry shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is kinda shitty but not unexpected since MS is trying to maintain their own walled garden. But it would be nice to provide support for WebDav or an equivalent alternative.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was shocked about that too!!!! Now I can't use Confluence integration anymore. Shit! Please don't go the way to start cloud lock in and allow businesses to host their files without going through Microsofts cloud. Some people still care about their security.

• Annette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was shocked about it. Great Excel is not able to work on network devices! Therefore I have to change back to 2011.
    Please reinsert this MAIN-FEATURE!

Feedback and Knowledge Base