Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

Import XML Files

Excel 2013 for PC has the ability to import XML. I'm SHOCKED that a product 3 years ahead doesn't. Not asking for a lot here - just functional parity for Excel on the PC.

69 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

****** (and team) - Importing jmeter results (xml) based on xsl stylesheets from jmeter team is impossible with excel for mac 16.16.x. So now you have a scenario? Tons of others probably..

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The title says it all - There is no XML Import option in the Developer menu. Use case is importing structured XML data with or without additional mapping required by the user.

• Brian Powell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get datasets at work that are provided as XML files. I can directly import and work with them in the WIndows version of Excel. I cannot in Mac. This is a feature parity issue.

I can't believe this has been a feature request for over 3 years and it still hasn't been implemented. How hard can it be?

• Regula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this function, yes urgent. I am graphic designer and It may not seem like it, but Excel was always important.

I am forced to work with a MAC by my employer. They put office 365 on it and suddenly I cannot work with xml in excel anymore. Please fix this.

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this, as do many of us. I need to download, save, and work with XML files created by Windows users, and I can't. I had no idea I wouldn't be able to work with these files. The whole reason I purchased an Office 365 subscription was to be able to work with them. And when I contacted Microsoft support, they gave me the run around. Pre-purchase, they told me ALL files would be compatible with the Mac version. Post-purchase, they redirected me to the "community" support, who of course couldn't really help me. They don't work for Microsoft and don't have the ability to make changes. Microsoft needs to stop telling people their programs work the same for Mac users as they do for Windows users - they don't.

• Per Haglund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use XML data import in my Excel-sheets. Since XML data import isn't included in the Mac version, I am forced to use my old PC with Office 2010 when developing my data sheets. For me the Mac version is almost useless. I can't understand why XML data import isn't included in the Mac version.

Excel for Mac had this feature in 2011 but it was removed for 2016. Hopefully this will be restored soon! Can't open files exported from Microsoft CRM 2013.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should read, "just functional party for Excel on the Mac". You get it : )

Feedback and Knowledge Base