Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't use Myanmar Unicode, Pyidaungsu Font on Mac's Excel

In word and powerpoint of excel, we can use the font easily. But in excel the font is always misplace.

Please find the solution for that.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting about this issue. It would be very helpful if you would provide more information and screen shots to show how the words appear in Word and PowerPoint so that we can see the difference in Excel.

Also, if you could provide a small example of the keystrokes that are used to enter one of the words on a US English keyboard (set to Myanmar or Myanmar QWERTY), it will be very helpful.

2. The Stocks / Data fucntionality is not working in Big Sur.

after upgradig to Big Sur and checking my susbscrption to 365 was valid its become clear that BIG sur testing wasnt done on Excel . The data functionality for STOCKS doesnt work . No updates from microsoft.....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When you say the data functionality for STOCKS doesn’t work. Do you mean that it used to work but then after your upgrade it doesn’t work now? Or was it never working? Are you able to login to Excel for the web and see the Stocks feature in the Data Ribbon?

3. fuzzy lookup for Mac

Fuzzy lookup for Mac

It would be great to have fuzzy lookup add-in for Mac.

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability To Change Shape and Picture Names

From what I can tell, it is impossible to change the reference name of a created Shape or a pasted-in picture. It appears you can only rename cell ranges....which seems very odd to me.

Thanks for taking this into consideration!

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear your having trouble changing shape and picture names. If I understand the request correctly, this feature is supported. You can rename a shape or picture a few ways…

1) Select the shape (or picture) and go to the “Name Box” on the upper left side of the screen (above the column label headers “A”, “B”,“C”…. and below the ribbon). The name box will have the default name of the shape (like “Rectangle 1”) but you can type over this default value to rename your shape.
    This article shows how to use the name box for cells, but it can also be used to change the name of a shape
    https://support.microsoft.com/office/4d0f13ac-53b7-422e-afd2-abd7ff379c64

OR

2) Select the shape (or picture) and go to the “Shape Format” ribbon and click the “Selection Pane” button. This will open a pane on the right side of your screen with all the shapes on…

5. Fix the bug that prevents using File Save or File Save As to name or rename or copy a file

Get rid of the "Tags" line in the File Save and File Save As dialogue boxes. Since this was introduced in an "Update" it causes the Cancel and Save/OK buttons to be off the bottom of the screen and inaccessible. Thus you cannot either Save the File or Cancel the operation ad return to the unsaved spreadsheet. The only way out of this impasse is to Force Quit Excel, thereby losing all prior work, re-starting Excel and starting another spreadsheet.

The only workaround I have found is to select a file in Finder, use Duplicate File to create a copy…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What version of Mac Excel are you running now, and what version didn’t have the issue you’re raising?

Thanks,
    Dan [MS]

6. Why is it that the most important tool in the Tool Bar, the one for editing what you have entered in a cell, KEEPS DISAPPEARING!!!

The field that is necessary when you need to edit or add to ANYTHING in a cell seems to have no name and periodically DISAPPEARS FROM THE TOOL BARS!!!!! I can't even find a name for it!!! DAMN! This reminds me of the old Lotus 1-2-3 when you were "Just supposed to know" that f2 was delete, it wasn't written down anywhere, it wasn't even on the key template! This is the same thing, the field I use the most is just GONE!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you give a bit more info about the control you are talking about? (maybe a screenshot, or describe the control a bit more)

Unfortunately, while I can tell you’re frustrated, I’m not quite sure what tool you’re referring to. In order to edit a cell, all you should have to do is click the cell and start typing.

Also – what version of Excel are you using?

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base