Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic detection of matrix formula results

Add automatic range selection for matrix formula results, as works in Open/LibreOffice and Google Apps for many years - no more F2,CTRL-Shift-Enter...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Major Data Entry Issue

If a cell contains the number zero, and I enter another number in that cell, the zero gets appended to the new number. For example, if I enter the number 5, Excel shows 50 in that cell instead of just 5.

Although this doesn't happen all the time, I have actually had it happen to me once out of approximately every three tries.

This is serious because people using spreadsheets automatically enter numbers into cells and always assume the that new number will replace the old. The fact that it appends the zero to the new number can cause users…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. / in filename created as Read-only

Dear Microsoft, you are defaulting permissions of my excel files/work book with a / in the filename "Read-Only". What kinda stereotype is that!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. arrangement on dual screen

I have 2 displays attached to my apple computer. If I want to display one document on one display and the other document on another display, the windows are moved to the primary display when switching between documents using cmd + ~ (switch window). This makes it almost impossible to have 2 documents open next to each other. It would be better if the window position is not affected when switching between documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make AutoComplete work without crashing the application

With AutoComplete switched on in preferences and some reasonably complex spreadsheets (names, table structured references &c.) typing into the formula bar will pretty reliably crash Mac Excel.

It's extremely frustrating and makes working on more complex spreadsheets basically impossible. Please fix this!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [num, txt, raw] = XLSREAD(filename.xlsx); should return equally-sized variables

NUM is a numerical array containing the numeric values from the spreadsheet. Super useful! Because it's numeric, non-numeric values need to be dealt with somehow, so they're converted to NaN. Also great! I can work with that!

Here's the problem: any non-numeric values on the exterior of the spreadsheet (or, equivalently, of RAW) are omitted instead of being converted to NaN. THIS RUINS EVERYTHING. Indexing become messy, messy guesswork, because NUM is a different size than TXT and RAW. Please just have the function return NaNs, so that NUM can be the same size as TXT and RAW.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automator on Mac no longer is compatible with Excel for Mac

Previously, Automator could be used to perform a variety of functions with excel. Now, using excel with automator returns the error "The action “[ACTION]” encountered an error: “Microsoft Excel got an error: Parameter error.” Where [ACTION] is the particular Automator action you wanted to perform.

Could you please make these programs work together again?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 44 45 46 48 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base