Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The min function needs to work in tables that update. Currently they drop one row (result) and repeat the largest result in the new result.

I need a way to sort the data from the data entry column in a table on a nother column in ascending order. Min does not work. The new row repeats the highest results and the column drops a row. For example, imin($A$1:$A$22, $A$1:A1) in a table on a Mac does not work after adding a few numbers in A, the data entry column

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SRS.EXCEL

SRS. EXCEL.:
    yo no trabajo con formulas en las celdas.
    lo que pasa es que dentro de las celdas uso codigos propios de mi rutina cotidiana en lo que se refiere a control de mis colmenas de abejas.
    gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add customized footer for each page

I would like to enter a customized footer for each excel sheet that I print. For example page 1 footer is different that page 2 but I still able to keep the feature of all of them having a consistent page number.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add local Mac support for Auto-save

In earlier versions of Office for Mac (e.g. 2011) the auto-save function saved a copy to wherever on the Mac hard drive you desired - either a native folder, or iCloud or DropBox. Then 2016 and Office 365 came along and slyly required you to license OneDrive in order for this function to work. FOUL PLAY! Make it work on the native hard drive and other (more popular) cloud file-sharing services again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add local Mac support for Auto-save

In earlier versions of Office for Mac (e.g. 2011) the auto-save function saved a copy to wherever on the Mac hard drive you desired - either a native folder, or iCloud or DropBox. Then 2016 and Office 365 came along and slyly required you to license OneDrive in order for this function to work. FOUL PLAY! Make it work on the native hard drive and other (more popular) cloud file-sharing services again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. applescript "save ... as PDF file format" does not work properly

I have tried the following code several different ways:

"save (sheet 1 of varReferencedWorkbook) in varPDFName as PDF file format"

I end up with the entire workbook converted to PDF (60+ pages) instead of only that sheet. If I am doing something wrong please tell me, otherwise please fix!!! Thank You.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Messed up accounting and currency symbol formatting

I want to change the format of a cell into accounting category. The currency symbol that I use is Rupiah, which if it's written down along with the numbers, it should be Rp 1,230. But instead, on Excel, the Rupiah symbol (Rp) is written on the back of the numbers. Can someone fix this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. default pref choosen ws format forced to an existing worksheet

I noticed that there is a setting that forced every opened WS to set to dirty state ( unsaved state) and when saved it will use/forced a different, the set default WS format.
    This setting is found, preferences > tab Compatilibity > preffered file format. The popover note says, that I can set this to the one that I used most, but not that it forces me to change an existing WS format to that format.
    So, instead that it is used only with a new document, where and when I do expect it to effect on, Excel doesn't respect…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support Command+Tilde in Full Screen Mode

When multiple workbooks are open in Excel 2016 for Mac, you are able to switch between them by pressing Command+Tilde only if the workbooks are NOT in full screen mode. If the workbooks ARE in full screen mode, Command+Tilde no longer works.

This presents a significant usability/productivity problem in that you have to mouse through several layers just to switch between open full screen workbooks.

Command+Tilde should work regardless of whether workbooks are being viewed full screen or windowed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excel 2016 Mac external numerical keypads, number is immediately deleted

In Excel 15.22 for Mac
    When an usb external numerical keypad (Targus and Belkin) is used to enter numbers, the numbers appear but are immediately deleted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix ColorIndex 22 on Excel for Mac

On Excel for Mac Version 15.22, ColorIndex = 22 should be a reddish-pink color, but instead it appears orange. This happens when I use a macro to color the cell myself, or when I open a spreadsheet that has already been colored with this ColorIndex.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Myriad Pro italic font formatting issues

I just updated to El Capitan and now when changing Myriad Pro font from regular to italic, the formatting of the cell is all messed up. I've so far only noticed it on this one font.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why can I open excel but not office?

Office 365 is really awful, and I don't know how to get a standalone version again. Crashing often. Right now I cannot get back into my office after crashing, but excel and powerpoint are still open? I've reset my password twice, nothing works. Really really really don't like the new format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excel could not open because some content is unreadable

Hello -

We use a collaborate Google Sheets to mark daily hours we spend on specific projects. Every month, I create a pivot table to tally the numbers/project. I want to back up this table for my records in an Excel workbook. When I download as .xlsx, I get an error message "Excel could not open .... because some content is unreadable". Then I click "Open and repair", and it says "Excel repaired or removed unreadable content from this workbook. Do you want to review or save the log file?". Therefore, I can assume some of my data is lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make boxes like 'define name' box and define data for charts resizable.

Not sure if this is editing Make the floating boxes like 'define name' and specify data for charts resizable. They are very difficult to use if names are longer than just a few characters. e.g. when defining a name from a different work book.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Costumize the background

How about give the possibility to change the color of the background (under the sheet), instead the classic grey?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base