Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. arrangement on dual screen

I have 2 displays attached to my apple computer. If I want to display one document on one display and the other document on another display, the windows are moved to the primary display when switching between documents using cmd + ~ (switch window). This makes it almost impossible to have 2 documents open next to each other. It would be better if the window position is not affected when switching between documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please fix the Check boxes from the developer tab

The check boxes that can be created from the Developer ribbon don't seem to work in Excel for Mac 2016. You can see them but you can't check or uncheck them.

Please fix this!!! I can't use a range of reports because they all rely on check boxes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Release notes and updated documentation

In the Help menu->New Functions I would like to see the latest 5, 10 or last years additions and fixes from Excel with links to their updated counterpart documentation/release notes on the web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. guidelines do not show up now even on layout with them checked

now guide lines do not show no mater what i do also you are suppose to show them in color

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. fix it

excel for mac 2011 fucking sucks. i hate it. it crashes very often. formulas don't work properly. linked workbooks don't work properly. it keeps asking to update to a linked workbook EVERY FUCKING time i open my file. what a joke. I'm such an asshole for buying it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. EXCEL SUCKS for mac 2011. it crashes, formulas do not work properly. no one has answers to fix these problems. what a waste of my $$$

Excel sucks. i hate it. version 2011 for mac is such a piece of crap. it crashes often when switching between windows, formulas do not work properly. i have never seen such a piece of crap.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow the NULL() result in a formula to create an effectively empty cell. This posted in the Windows side but not on Mac

There is not way to get a formula result to be the same as an ampty cell.
    This explored in much more detail on the Windows Excel side by Jon Peltier.
    It would be extremely useful as a statistical 'Missing Value' flag that should propagate through formula as though the cell were empty.
    Bob Jodan

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. fixing deletion of first part of formula when type and insert a function from popup in formula bar + an great idea request

when I have a formula like '=A1*D44+(100/3)' in a field and then I put the cursor in front of 'A1' and start typing 'Afron...' ( dutch for roundup ) then there pops up a popup list with rounding function. Fine so far. But when I choose any formula function then it removes the first few items of the existing formula. Bad bad boy's! Very annoying when you have to do this for a lot of changes.
    When you get this solved, it would be nice that when I have a formula part selected, that when inserting a formula function that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Edit cell shortcut should be one click of the "return/enter" key like Google Sheets - two clicks for next cell

Edit cell should be one click of the "return/enter" key like Google Sheets - two clicks for next cell

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the ability to export high quality graphs like vector images.

Add the ability to export high quality graphs like vector images and 300 dpi images. I'm running OSX 10.10.5 with Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011 Version 14.5.9. Options available in this software aren't good enough for high quality graphics.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We consider this in our next round of planning for a future release. In the meantime, please continue to vote on this feature idea.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

12. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Oh how I miss the F4 repeat function from Windows Excel!!!

Oh how I miss the F4 repeat function from Windows Excel!!! Ctrl Y works sometimes, then it doesn't - drives me nuts.....

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. USB numeric keypad

Numeric keypad is not working after upgrading to El Capitan.
    Please update ASAP. working without mentioned keypad is very hard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix Cell Navigation in 15.17

Since the 15.17 update, there is now a noticeable delay when moving between cells using the arrow keys and sometime the cursor does not respond at all to the key press. Please fix (it was fine in 15.16).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve graph performance with plots containing >1000 datapoints in Excel 2016

Excel 2016 chokes when handling plots containing many data points. Copying these plots from Excel to Word or Powerpoint causes issues in those applications as well.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove Cap on File Path Length - We Shouldn't Have to Move Files to Save Them

A limit on the length of a file name is fine, but limiting the file path length means that if your life is complicated by folders within folders then you regularly have to move around folders just to save documents in Excel. This is very tedious and creates new possibilities for error while working.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Can you fix the mail merge bug in Office Mac 2011?

Mail merge does not work with an xlsm file, are there plans to fix this, it is extremely frustrating and time consuming using work arounds.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring back the "option-click" shortcut to insert column(s), row(s), or cell(s).

Please reinstate the option+click shortcut or at least a way to customize for it. It makes my work much easier and is the only reason I've yet to upgrade. Thanks a lot!

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base