Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implement Stock prices for Excel for Mac in desktop version just like you have for Office 365

I need capability to import stock prices into Excel desktop exactly as you have implemented for Office 365. Please advise timeframe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to change default number settings

When switching from generic to number, it shows the number in full with two decimal places and no comma separations ie. 623453.00. Instead I would always like the 'number' format to show no decimal places and always use commas ie. 623,453. There should be more flexibility for the user to define the default conditions for number formatting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I like to insert rows using (CTRL +) but when the dialogue box opens I can move the radio buttons with the arrow keys (I used to) - please r

I like to insert rows using (CTRL +) but when the dialogue box opens I can move the radio buttons with the arrow keys (I used to) - please can you revert so the arrows move the radio buttons (insert in this column - insert row etc)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Habilitar Microsoft Dynamics Office Add-in para Mac no Microsoft 365.

Necessito deste suplemento para fazer exercícios da faculdade, porém ele não está disponível para o meu dispositivo Mac com Microsoft 365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the SUM function more convenient to use so when you click the individual cells it will added them opposed to having to put + btw cells

Make the SUM function more convenient to use so when you click the individual cells it will added them opposed to having to put + btw cells

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add an option to Save All

Currently the only way to do a Save All is to quit Excel and choose Save Al in the alert that shows up. It would be really great if there were a command to allow saving all at any time without having to Quit Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. RTL text in comments and cells on Excel online

Please allow for easy editing and typing RTL texts in the comments on Excel online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Float" a specific cell through across desktops. This would be so useful for data entry from multiple sources at a time.

It could also be a part of the "window" settings menu, to have the option to pin a window or make it always visible. The goal would be for the window to follow you across desktops and windows, always ready for data entry. And of course the floating window should be movable and resizable!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Your error messages are annoying.

My spreadsheets are large, a thousand or more cells. Telling me there is an error without telling me where is just annoying. If you know there is an error, you must know where.

Your error message should read cell ad263 is FUGAZY! That would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excel for mac could not copy chart to word with 'enhanced metafile'.

Please find the attached pictures of this message. I show comparison of menu that I mean. Copy options for Mac are left with 4 options, without 'enhanced metafile'. But for non-mac user, we could use 'enhanced metafile'. So adding this feature would be a great deal for Microsoft 365 mac user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Excel for mac could not copy chart to word with 'enhanced metafile'.

Please find the attached pictures of this message. I show comparison of menu that I mean. Copy options for Mac are left with 4 options, without 'enhanced metafile'. But for non-mac user, we could use 'enhanced metafile'. So adding this feature would be a great deal for Microsoft 365 mac user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Excel for mac could not copy chart to word with 'enhanced metafile'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Excel for mac could not copy chart to word with 'enhanced metafile'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)