Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a new cell format to handle time duration

When I click on "Format Cells..." I get the standard list of various formats. There should be a separate "Duration" format in this list, to handle time duration, AS DISTINCT FROM time-of-day. This is needed when entering time durations, for example, the timings for a piece of music or of a film. Also, this Duration format should include the option of entering MINUTES:SECONDS without hours.

I have tried to find a way to work around the lack of this basic simple format, visiting numerous tech sites and support sites, and I was shocked to discover that there is no way…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. lastest version comments are irritating, they pop up as I roll over as opposed to when I click on the cell with the comment

Lastest version comments are irritating, they pop up as I roll over the cell. Sometimes I cannot see the cell I am looking for because there are so many comments popping up. Previous version I had to be on the cell to see the comment which is much less confusing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. userforms pour MAC ET FAIRE DES VBA MERCI

Merci de me dire quand user forms pour mac urgent
    cordialement

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The new comment threads, recently introduced in windows excel, are not compatible with the latest 2019/office 365 excel program.

Excel needs to be compatible between platforms. Unfortunately we are now experiencing data loss because of the approach Microsoft used to implement the threaded comments capability.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. solver

Excel 16.23 for Mac no longer has a functional Solver. Trying to use it results in Alert:

Sorry, Excel can't open two workbooks with the same name at the same time.

Works on PC and lower versions. What to do?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hyperlink from Excel to a Bookmark in Word

When I create a hyperlink to a Word file, I want to be able to add a bookmark and let the link open die Word file directly to the bookmark. In Office for Windows you can do this by adding #Bookmarkname to the hyperlink in Excel. In Office for Mac this doesn't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Spelling check doesn't work with Excel in Office 2019 and it should!!!!

It would be good if Excel in Office 2019 did spelling check. Any idea why it doesn't!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. What is going on with this program?

This morning, as I was reading through the news on my Mac, Excel began to start itself randomly. I thought it might be time for an update, so I downloaded and install 2, but it still starts itself repeatedly. Quitting the program does not help, it just starts back up. The only way I can stop this is to minimize the window and park it in the Dock.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please supply us with a contact phone number for 365 for MAC EASILY found!

Please supply us with a contact phone number for 365 for MAC EASILY found! I had to literally dig for a while and still don't know if they know anything about 365 with a MAC. Your help features on line are only for Excel 2016. That does NOT help me with a MAC 365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. REMOVE the permanent "Color" in all rows and columns or at least make it user friendly to remove!!!!!!!

REMOVE the permanent "Default Color" in all rows and columns when downloading an excel spreadsheet from a financial institution or at least make it user friendly, so i can figure out how to remove them! I cannot locate the "TABLE" TAB that you so diligently describe in your HELP section!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ACTUALIZE EXCEL Y ESTA MUY LENTO, INDICA 4 SUBPROCESOS

Actualize Excel y esta muy lento, me indica 4 subprocesos.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add option to insert pdf in excel

Inserting pdf into excel file doesn't work in Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Excel Map Chart

States are not appearing in excel map chart for India

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring back the old interface design and speed it up. ust moved from Office Mac 2011 to 2016 kicking and screaming, with the loss of the abil

ust moved from Office Mac 2011 to 2016 kicking and screaming, with the loss of the ability use keyboard rather than right click for inserting columns or rows. You can click "=3+3" with manually adding the + sign ...REALLY ?? Finally the whole suite is sludgy and SLOW... The tool bars are graphically hard to read compared to the old GUI. Not to mention you have to flip back and forth trying to find things that used to at your finger tips like the view screen or other frequently used things on laptops. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE! Does Microsoft test these things…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Put back the function

Please put the function for addition back on Excel - the one where you hit "=", then highlight the column of numbers, then hit "=" again and it adds up for you. It is way more efficient than what you have now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. bug on pivot graphics

There is a bug on pivot graphics in the last version. Isn't possible to create any pivot graphic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please make date format codes language independent

I work in an international environment and I got the following issue concerning date formatting:

1. CODE SET FOR DATE FORMATTING:
    On MacOS, the code set used for number/date... formatting (and also for separators in formulas and default delimiters when opening CSV files) is based on the "region" parameter set up in the region & language preferences of MacOS.
    In my case, I often share Excel files with people whose preference are set to "France" or "United Kingdom" or "USA" according to the person.

In English environment, code for "year" is yy or yyyy. But in French environment, it becomes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bigger Default Powerpoint View

Make default cell size larger like the PC version, or allow user changing of default zoom to 125% which is comparable to PC. Both Word and Excel open in unchangeable default views too small on Mac and people have been asking for this size change for years now.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base