Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ADD COMPARE AND MERGE WORKBOOKS FOR QUICK ACCESS TOOLBAR

it would be great if you added this so i could actually do my homework on my mac instead of having to drive to campus just so i can do one command and get credit for it. i feel like its pretty idiotic so have commands that are exclusively for windows when i pay the same amount that windows users pay.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Popup menus

365 for Mac has lost the ability to create popup menus via VBA using:

Set SubMenuItem = MenuItem.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)

We are told to use XRibbon, but it is not nearly as useful. It was possible to use it in 2011 and still works in 365 for Windows. Lack of parity on Mac is a huge problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New updates

I see an April 4th update states "The product icons have been redesigned to reflect simple, powerful, and intelligent Office experiences". Sorry, no pass. My idea is that you start to implement all the many ideas and fix the multitude of glitches. Then perhaps we can have a better Office experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need to fix how Excel for Mac 16.23 is causing multiple files to open upon startup.

Need to fix how Excel for Mac 16.23 does not shut down properly and that causes it to open multiple files upon startup. This would seem like it is an autorecovery issue but it is not because it still occurs even after all autorecovery files have been sent to trash. A simple internet search will confirm that this is a long-standing problem many have suffered and there is no methodology offered to fix it. Even reinstalling Excel does not correct the issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. request you add the Design Mode to the Mac version

Add the Design Mode button to the Developer ribbon just like you have it in the windows version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow user to change the colour/style of highlighted cell.

Allow user to change the colour/style of highlighted cell. Currently I spend way to much time looking for the faint green highlighted cell when I do a search. I would make the highlight colour a bright red to make it easy to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. copy and paste console

have a shorcut that labels what you have copied, and displays it on the console to the side of the workbook. like if you press command+shift+1(this would be the first thing you copied, and if you press copy again before pasting your last copy you would have to press command+shift+2 if you wanted to store it along with the previous copy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get data from web

Please, give the function to mac users as well. I do have to rely on LO to do this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SUMPRODUCT should work with rows and columns

SUMPRODUCT should calculate a value from the same dimension-size arrays regardless of their vertical or horizontal alignment like for example =SUMPRODUCT(A1:D1,F1:F4)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reinstall Developer tab in toolbar

I am running Excel 2016 on a MacBook. Today, the "Developer" option has disappeared from the toolbar. When I went to Excel>Preferences>Ribbon & Toolbar, I get the message that "This feature is only available if you haven an Office 365 Subscription" This is totally unacceptable. I paid for my licence and when I did so, I got access to the Developer tab. Suddenly, it has disappeared (Microsoft has removed it) and is now asking me to pay for it again!
    Please reinstate access to the Developer tab for licenced copies.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. update Excel for macOS Mojave

A message about the need for updating Excel (and Word) to Mojave pops up every time the app are opened.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Parse

I’d like to see a “parse” function that can easily separate out strings in cells and pull just one element instead of doing multiple mid() and find() functions. e.g. =PARSE(“Gift card from Company for $200”,4) would return “Company” or ,6 would return $200 etc. Maybe an optional parameter to specify the separators (sometimes it’s hyphens, sometimes spaces, sometimes bars etc). Another optional would be how many words to pull starting at word x, e.g. =PARSE(“This has useful data about product”,3,2) would return “useful data”

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remove all subtotals past and future rows in Power pivot tables

The "Do not show Subtotals" button on Pivot table tools design view removes all subtotals currently in the pivot table but when you add rows it will keep calculating unwanted subtotals. The pivot table should remember the setting and Not calculate subtotals when adding new rows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Inquire

Add Inquire as an Add-in to ALL options! Our school district uses Office 365, allows personal users to download Microsoft Excel for Mac. I run Version 16.23 but do not have access to "Inquire" tab, thus cannot compare two sheets!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create a new "swapping" function

We have the transpose function that allows us to swap data from rows to columns, or vice versa … how about a function that allows us to swap data between two different rows, or two different columns. For example, if I have data in A1:A10 and I have data in B1:B10, I could highlight both sets of data, and by choosing this new function, I could swap the data, whereas A becomes B and B becomes A.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add customize color option to excel for mac to change color themes to set it as default

Add customize color option to excel for mac to change color themes to set it as default

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. include an option to add data labels selecting names from cells in a bubble chart/ x-y scatter for Mac

This option has been already realised in excel 2013 but not for Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. WeekNum - let it work with a Array like Month() does

We can use '=SUMPRODUCT( (MONTH(A1:A10)=MONTH(TODAY()) )* (B1:B10) )' to get a result from dates.

However
    '=SUMPRODUCT( (WEEKNUM(A1:A10)=WEEKNUM(TODAY()) )* (B1:B10) )
    does not, because WEEKNUM can't handle an array or range.

Please give us a WEEKNUM that handles Array and ranges

Thank you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base