Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. greek font

Greek fonts are commonly used in physics and mathematics.

In Excel, the 'Insert Symbol' menu line opens a table with many kinds of greek fonts (bold, italic, gothic, whatever ...) but when I just want to enter a plain greek character in an Excel cell, I often get it rather weird, never looking as in the table.

It was straight and easy before Office 365. May be linked to the default font chosen for the cell ??? Changing it sometimes improves, sometimes not.

I finally found which symbol I had to chose in that table to get a plain 𝞅…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Picture

Insert pdf picture

(Excel 365 on Mac Mojave)

If I directly insert a small pdf picture by dragging it in an Excel worksheet, it looks nice, but after saving and re-opening, it's blurred ! See pdf insert1 for comparing before and after saving.

If I use 'Insert/Picture from file' from the menu, I only get a quater of it ! See pdf insert2.

This was not happening with Office versions prior to Office 365. Consequently, all documents I had now look quite odd, and I cannot fix them because of these bugs.

When Microsoft will treat that bug ???

When…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Microsoft Excel for Mac EXACTLY THE SAME as Microsoft Excel for PC.

If Mac subscribers of Office 365 are getting less features and PC subscribers, prorate the Mac annual subscription accordingly. If not, MAKE BOTH VERSIONS OF EXCEL HAVE THE SAME MENU FEATURES!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. have a print button

pretty self explanatory

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. update MAC with Windows version

Why does the MAC version still use threaded comments? Why is this version not compatible with Windows? When ever a feature is Removed from one version, it should be removed from all versions. Otherwise, what is the purpose of having cloud storage to work on the same file from multiple devices? Makes no sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Open UTF-8 .csv

When opening UTF-8 encoded CSVs, text is still garbled, despite the previous issue raising this concern (below) being marked as completed - Excel fails to recognise the UTF-8 encoding.

https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304933-excel-for-mac/suggestions/9783765-support-utf-8-for-csv-import-export

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. conditional formatting help with rules that are incorrect of wrong

as you can see I have error in my conditional formation but I don't know how to fix this I have some cell in the green but in the same row I have white field that I would like green

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. when i select a graph, put a temporary highlighted border around it so i can see which graph i'm referring to (out of many)...

....when i eg have to select/change source data for this graph, and have many graphs and tables lying around, a border would help me recognise the graph, especially for those with poor short term memories

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Comma Separation Option for Text String Values in Single Cell

I have an .xlsx containing the titles of a bunch of books I'm using for a project with columns for things like the Title, Author, Year Published, etc. One of those columns is a "Keyword" column for classifying the book: e.g. novel, science fiction, anti-hero, etc. Each book has an entry containing multiple keywords, separated by commas.

What I would like to be able to do is set up a filter for the entire sheet so that I can quickly pull up books tagged with a particular keyword. Unfortunately, Excel treats the text in the cell as a single value,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix Search Bug

Using search field in upper part of Excel for Mac document, cannot find content even though it's clearly there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Clicking on the validation list arrow do not update the cells

Excel for mac do not execute formula when you click on the arrow of a validation list, but on the windows it runs normal. It is very important to me.

To reproduce:

1 - On the B1 cell put the formula: =A1
    2 - Make a list with 2 (or more) items
    3 - On the A1 cell, register a validation list with the list created on the step 2

Ok, now, anything you write on the cell A1, will be replicated to B1.
    But, when you write something on the A1, and click on the arrow of the validation…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Simplify the process of adding check boxes

Google sheets has a very simple way to add check boxes into cells, which is genuinely the major reason why i prefer it to excel. The check boxes in google sheets can also be copied, pasted and extended.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. weighted randomizer function

Make a randomizer (for contests, sample data, or simply randomizers) which uses 2 columns; one with the value, one with the weight of said value. Making a randomizer which uses weighted values is a huge pain as of right now!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. open embedded text file

Opening embedded text file in Excel for Mac

When you try to open an embedded txt file, you'll have this error "Cannot start the source application for this object."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. open embedded text file

Opening embedded text file in Excel for Mac

When you try to open an embedded txt file, you'll have this error "Cannot start the source application for this object."

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I just want to tell you all you're doing great and hang in there. luv u babes, also, ur hair is cute.

the only thing I would ask for is a collaborative function, so that multiple people could work on the same doc at the same time, like with google docs. it would be very useful for my work. all the same, I think you all are great, and I'm proud of u. hugs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base