Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel: UserForm option should be returned in Excel.

The UserForm command is not available in Office 365 (Excel). I need it!!
    Especially as user interface to fill in data in large Excelsheets.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. row shortcut

Add shortcut control + '+' to insert a new row (MacBook Pro keyboard without NumBlock)
    (like control + '-' to delete the marked row)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix print dialog

Open .xlsm file with macros. Save file. Reopen file. File | Print. Page preview is blank...

Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add userdefined view in excel app for ipad

Add userdefined view in excel app for ipad
    Would be awesome to have the same options like in mac or windows excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add userdefined view in excel app for ipad

would be awesome to have different views in ipad excel app like it is in excel for mac/win

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Toggle automatic formatting of dates.

The automatic formatting of numbers to dates is incredibly frustrating when you dont want it. I am often in a situation where I need to paste a table into Excel, for instance to calculate something from the table. It always happens that some cells in the table get autoformatted as dates and this is extremely annoying. The work-arounds are difficult and cumbersome and I can never remember what they are, so my workflow gets interrupted because I have to google how to do it.

I have very little use for the autoformatting of dates, but i appreciate that some people…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. QuickKeys to Collapse/Expand Row- and Column-Groups

Regarding the Grouping of rows and columns, there are Quick Keys to
    - Group Rows (Cmd-Shift K)
    - Ungroup Rows (Cmd-Shift J)
    - Hide/Unhide the "+" / "-" symbols (Cmd-8)

But not:
    - Collapse Group
    - Expand Group

If this can't be done with a Quick Key, could you at least publish a VBA command I could use in a Macro?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Important functionalities that appear and disappear, between updates.

What happen again with PASTE WITHOUT FORMAT? (Option+Shift+Command+V), it’s so useful, and
    What happened with move around the Sheet with trackpad gesture with 2 fingers?

You must have a defined application programming line, good things appear and disappear between an update and another.

These functionalities (explained their disappearance in the first paragraph) are preserved by both Word and PowerPoint, I don't understand why they aren't transverse to all applications and maintain homogeneity in your products.

I don't know if this is read by someone, or has any repercussion on the product, but at least I comply with informing about a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add hotkey functionality to Excel for Mac

It would be amazing if hotkey functionality was added to Mac, especially if it followed the same format as it does in Windows (instead of "Alt …, …, …" it would just be "Option …, …, …").

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Quick Access Toolbar button for 'Open'

Excel for PC has a toolbar button for this function that can be added from the 'All Commands' list. Excel for MAC does not. The current process required 1-3 clicks to get to the list of files to open.
    Please add this button to the available options for the Quick Access Toolbar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix Copy > Paste Link..

Repeatedly get an error message (Alert - Unable to paste link) when I use Copy > Paste Link from one sheet to another in the same workbook. I'm using latest Office 365 version of Excel on my Mac
    This is causing me to lose considerable productive time.
    Please can this be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. phonetic関数が途中までしか反映されず、後半が化けてしまう。改善してほしい。

windowsでは正しく反映されるが、マックでは反映されずストレスを感じる。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When will Excel for Mac bring back the shortcut for align right Command R?

I was just reading complaints about this from 2017. Now we're at the end of 2019 and it's still not there, unless I'm missing something.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I found what I think is a significant bug in Excel for Mac 16.29.1. I would like to show it to MS. How?

In some cases adding two numbers gives an incorrect result. A digit incorrectly shows up in the 12th decimal position in the result when adding two numbers that are truncated to just two decimal places. The xlsx file attached shows an example. I'm attaching a PDF of the same file to show these results in case another version of Excel gives different results with the xlsx file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Restore Customize Keyboard to equivalent functionality as in 2011

2019 has restored Tools > Customize Keyboard..., but it's quite weak compared to 2011's. First, there's no All Commands category. While there is a search, it only searches the selected category (and there's no way to select multiple categories), so you have to enter the search term then click through every category manually, which is kind of insane. Next, many, if not most of the commands have a description that's the same as the name of the command. Why bother? Finally, numerous commands are missing, even though the underlying functionality is still there. My most missed is Paste Values, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MORE EFFORT FOR NAIVE USERS

Many Microsoft products are so crammed with new features that make it difficult for folks like us that have not site manager. New systems suddenly morf without warning. For example, I edit types by letter, but the cursor clamps onto words when I want letters. Simple thing often do not appear in the help files. It would be nice to have a "old setup" option to let us start to adapt the new versions without sudden adaptation. And this is true with other MSFT office and other products

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Die Druckqualität von Excel 2019 muss verbessert werden. Linien als Haarlinien drucken, gestrichelte Linie müssen immer gleich aussehen

Es kann nicht sein das im Jahr 2019 Ein Programm Linien schlechter darstellt als das Program von 2011. Haarlinien gestrichelte Linien müssen regelmässig sein

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Increase number of rows that can be filtered to more than 100,000

Increase number of rows that can be filtered to more than 100,000. 10,000 is way too small when we deal with our data base. Is there maybe a way to increase this manually ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Return Features That Were Removed

Simply return the Data Form... feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base