Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make all functions and tools available for both Mac and Windows OPS.

Why can't all the same tools be accessed on different operating systems? I don't get it I am in college and this is a constant problem. Not everyone using this program has Windows as their operating system. Why even offer it to download on other operating systems if all the tools won't be accessible. Today, I was trying to use the forecast sheet function and that is not available on my Mac, yet all the other forecast functions to make formulas are there. It just doesn't make sense.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AutoFilter Spacebar Selector

Like in Windows, it would be much faster to use keyboard shortcuts for things like selecting items in the AutoFilter list (i.e. using the space bar). As of today, you cannot highlight and select different items in the filter list without the mouse. Also annoying, is the fact that selections are applied instantly, causing nonsense CPU work and worse yet the window shifts in view as calculations are running. Messy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please update excel to open files in Catalina OSX, all other 365 programs working

Please update excel to open files in Catalina OSX, all other 365 programs working.
    Excel will open but will not open an excel file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mac OS update to Catalina

Just ugraded to Catalina and now unable to use my Office package, contacted Microsoft and been told I need to pay and upgrade to 64 bit version, Catalina does not support 32 bit. I was happy with what I had and previously paid for. This is ridiculous surely office packages should be supported and future proofed against OS updates,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. coucou

coucou

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Problem between cells

When I divide 2 cells with results generated by formulas, the division cannot be dynamic!
    The calculus fixes on the 1st result found.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix Conditional Formatting

When rows are inserted into a worksheet with conditional formatting, the cell (or range) references in the conditional formatting change. Fix the system so that the insertion of a row or column into an area covered by conditional formatting adopts the format (this part may already be the case) AND the formatting cell range reference in the Conditional Formatting dialog box does not get fragmented addresses; the range stays the same.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Plot markers centred (instead of offset)

Since Excel 365 (Mac) plotting circle markers (and other) are offset from the real data. See attached image "Excel2019.jpg". The center of the markers should be exactly on the red line, but they are not.
    This was fine in Excel:mac 2010, see attached Excel
    2010.jpg.

Obviously something has changed significantly in the Excel plotting functionality which causes this issue.
    The problem is not directly visible if you plot the markers only, but in my case I have to plot lots of line graphs including markers, and the markers are offset from the line, so it looks like the data…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Excel 16.30 for Mac has a bug that inhibits the printing of comments at the end of the sheet

Comments can be seen on screen as show comments or if print as displayed is selected then they print but overlay the spreadsheet. the option to print at end of sheet is available in the page set up but if selected the comments are not shown in print preview and do not print.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a feature that can let csv file imported in excel

There is no any ways to import csv file in excel for iPad Pro. Could you plz find out a solution to deal with this problem? Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Is anyone having issues running Excel Office 2019 with Mac OS Catalina 10.15? Mine just quits every time

Is anyone having issues running Excel 2019 with Mac OS Catalina 10.15? Mine just quits every time whether opening an existing doc or creating a new one. It worked perfectly with Mojave.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automator on Mac no longer is compatible with Excel for Mac

Previously, Automator could be used to perform a variety of functions with excel. Now, using excel with automator returns the error "The action “[ACTION]” encountered an error: “Microsoft Excel got an error: Parameter error.” Where [ACTION] is the particular Automator action you wanted to perform.

Could you please make these programs work together again?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automator on Mac no longer is compatible with Excel for Mac

Previously, Automator could be used to perform a variety of functions with excel. Now, using excel with automator returns the error "The action “[ACTION]” encountered an error: “Microsoft Excel got an error: Parameter error.” Where [ACTION] is the particular Automator action you wanted to perform.

Could you please make these programs work together again?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add different custom keyboard shortcuts to insert different charts

Previously, there were ways to program custom keyboard shortcuts to insert different charts. In Excel for Mac 16.30, there is no way to do this. For those of us who make lots of charts, this is very difficult. Even making it possible to change the default chart so that the new alt + F1 command can be used would be a big step forward.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a set for shade colour times

At times the shade shuld have a colour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a set for shade colour times

At times the shade shuld have a colour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. DON'T MAKE A CHANGE THAT PUTS MORE "STUFF" IN WHAT USED TO BE A VERY SIMPLE AND RELIAABLE METHOD!

DON'T MAKE A CHANGE THAT PUTS MORE "STUFF" DO DO IN WHAT USED TO BE A VERY SIMPLE AND RELIABLE METHOD. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU MAKE A VERY SIMPLE SYSTEM THAT WORKED SO MUCH MORE CUMBERSOME?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create equal functionality for Mac users such as Power Query.

Allow Mac users to access all add-ins such as Power Query. We are paying the same price but getting inferior service.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base