Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. alt key for Excel in Windows shows the labels for the shortcuts found in the ribbon. Excel for Mac doesnt have this. Need it desperately

alt key for Excel in Windows shows the labels for the shortcuts found in the ribbon. Excel for Mac doesn't have this. Need it desperately

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. office 365

Make power query and power pivot available for excel macOS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel 16.33 for Mac has a bug the prevents the display of cells that have been formatted as "Currency"

When selecting a cell and changing the format to "Currency," the cell vanishes. The value is still there, however is does not display to screen. When re-formatting back to "Number" the cell re-appears.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Typing words disappear from the screen

In the Mac new version 16.33 (19122502)
    When I try to type some words such as £/€, the word disappears from the screen and only when clicked could it be seen from the screen, and it appears quite strange

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Importing web page into worksheet

I used office 365 personal subscription. I need to import any tables on web page into my worksheet. But I have tried many times to do that, and contacted to support as well. They said this feature is not available on Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Documentation for secondary axis on Excel charts

In the "Add or remove a secondary axis in a chart in Excel" support page (MacOS version) in support.office.com Word is erroneously used instead of Excel, confusing the poor reader (All languages!).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable (or re-enable?) pivot table drill down

We're being asked to look into why Mac users can no longer double click into a pivot table to bring up a new tab with the relevant records attached. I've now had this from at least 2 people saying it used to work but a recent update (at least a month ago) has stopped it. I wasn't aware of this before it was reported so I don't know if it used to work or not. It's how our managers get their management accounts and so this is quite important. We're having to work around it with remote desktop services but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PowerQuery data refresh from SharePoint Online CSV file

The latest Excel for Mac (v 16.29 and later) can refresh from Text, CSV, XLSX, XML and JSON files, but not when those files are on SharePoint Online (or other cloud storage locations). Please add this functionality, as we are moving to SPO and away from file servers. I know I can refresh from a local copy (via OneDrive sync client), but each person's local file path may be different, so a shared Excel file won't update correctly for each person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A function to populate another cell

A function to populate another cell. Something like;

IF(a1<>0,LET a5=a1,LETa5="") as a function in any cell other than a1 or a5

This populates a5 if the condition is met but enables a value to be typed into a5 without overwriting a formula.

As far as I know, this can only be done today with VBA. This would be so useful to me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Conditional Formatting (Blink/Flash) when value is TRUE

Hi.. Wouldn't be it great to when we apply any condition formatting to any cell or a row/column instead of having a still color we can make it flashing/blink color. This can easily allow the user to identify the records.
    Criteria for flashing/blinking
    1. Number of Blinks/Flash
    2. Recurrence Blink/Flash
    3. Customize blink or not to blink upon opening the workbook

Regards, Faraz Shaikh

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PowerPivot is missing voor Macbook pro?

PowerPivot is missing voor Macbook pro?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Macros to be Enabled by Workbook

Rather than make Macro behavior global, give us the ability to Enable them within individual Workbooks so we don't have to see the alert dialogue each time that Workbook is opened. I would suggest putting a setting in the Properties and adding a button/link to the dialogue options.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bring back distinct msgbox displays according to vbconstant used as (it is with PC)

Msgbox "Hello", vbQuestion show the same window (with the same logo on the left) as Msgbox "Hello", vbInformation or Msgbox "Hello", vbExclamation although it is fine with Msgbox "Hello", vbCritical

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix the scatter plot bug where 60=6.0

I have come across this strange bug/feature a few times in Excel, scratched my head and exported my data to Kaleidagraph in order to make a plot that's correct, but this time I drilled a bit deeper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tOO6dJx6v0

It seems that if you make a scatter plot (perhaps other plots as well?) using data created with the function "indirect" Excel chooses "Custom" as the number format for the graph and the format "0.0" which for some inexplicable reason displays 60 as 6.0. I have found a workaround (shown in the video clip above), but surely Excel is not supposed to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Right Click Problem

The current version of Excel for Mac (19120904) could not use right click to appear the format cells function and other functions such as insert/remove the cell/row/columns, which is not good for editing data

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Excel files can't be found with the recent update. What have you done?!

It shows some files but they are blank and it tells me I have the name wrong and to check the spelling! Not true. This is so frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Customized asset management - Gestion tailles personnalisées

I sometimes use Excel documents with a special layout (for example: width 1000 mm x height 100 mm). With Excel 2011, there was no problem. the standard procedure of setting the paper size ("manage custom sizes ...") from the print window allowed to get Pdf files with the correct layout.
    With Excel 2019 (version 16.31 on macOS Catalina 10.15.1), custom size management does not work properly. The situation is abnormal and needs to be addressed.

J'utilise parfois des documents Excel dont la mise en page est spéciale (par exemple : largeur 1000 mm x hauteur 100 mm). Avec Excel 2011,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Protecting workbook from being opened

It is preposterous that there is no mechanism to protect (all the sheets) in a workbook from being opened with one command. This is massive feature weakness.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base