Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. pivottable and pivotchart wizard is not available on mac excel 16 version

We could not open pivottable and pivotchart wizard on mac Excel 16 version. It is make our job hard to update pivot table.

We need to install office 2011 to run the report.
    Is there any possible you could add the feature in to mac version of Excel? And we notice pivottable and pivotchart wizard function is works on windows system.

We believe there is way to add this comment to the mac version excel.
    and could you please add it in?

We really don't want to keep switch different version of excel or jump in windows system to run…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. pivottable and pivotchart wizard is not available on mac excel 16 version

There is no option to open pivottable and pivotchart wizard on Mac Excel 16 version. It make us very hard to update pivot table data.
    This option can do on windows version of excel. We believe it could be add in to mac version.

Could you please make the improvement and add this features in?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop removing leading zeros

Our inventory system is ruined because we've just discovered that Excel removes leading zeros from barcodes (in fact leading zeros from all numbers) when you import or paste-in.

This is truly mind-numbing because...
    1) You're running data - why would you ever do this?
    2) You always discover this nonsense after the fact with is so frickin' painful.

For the love of God, why do this and why change stuff automatically with no user input or notification? Get it sorted.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Insert Data from Picture was great.

I paid for the full licensed retail version of Excel 2019, which included Insert Data from Picture. Then, several months later, the feature was unceremoniously removed. I actually wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to get it back. I've since discovered that it is now only available for Microsoft 365 subscriptions, rather than for retail licenses. The problem is, I didn't buy some shareware or freemium software. I purchased a full Excel package, and it's really upsetting to have Microsoft nerf my software, after it is paid for. And at the minimum it wasn't disclosed as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow MM/DD/YY as a default date format

Allow us to set the date format somewhere! I like to use MM/DD/YY format, to keep columns neat and tidy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Best Gemstone Testing and Identification?

Lab testing is very important before any gemstone or diamond is bought, it has to be certified from a good laboratory. Consumers should be wary when buying gemstones and diamonds and not fall prey to advertising tactics like celebrity endorsements, offers, and discounts; the only way to be absolutely certain is to demand an appropriate government lab certificate, which clearly states the authenticity of the gemstone and any treatments it may have undergone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Money in Excel Manual Accounts Add Orange County Credit Union to Money in Excel

Add Orange County Credit Union (OCCU) to Money in Excel Financial Institutions (https://www.orangecountyscu.org)

Money in Excel doesn't show OCCU in Financial Institutions list from Plaid. I've been able to previously add account via login link from other Plaid applications.

Adding manual accounts via institutions login URL would be a nice as an interim solution while waiting for support for these accounts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Freeze-calc: Select areas of cells to freeze recalculation

The workaround now is to "paste values" on top of your formulas for the biggest part of your sheet. But then you may need to copy them back. A simple freeze-unfreeze button could do the work. It would also be nice if these cells were marked somehow (e.g. with an ice-blue triangle in the bottom right corner - same as the green one for the cells with comments).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SPLIT CELLS!!!

Please make it so we can split cells like in windows! Why is this not a feature for Macs?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ADD NAME MANAGER FUNCTION

Please add the Name Manager Function to Excel Mac. It's a crucial tool.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Paste Number Formats only" in Paste Special Submenu

This is totally missing! You can Paste VALUES with Number Formats, or FORMULAS with Number Formats, or ALL Formats including borders, backgrounds and foreground colours, but you CANNOT Paste Number Formats ONLY! Most of my wasted time in Excel is from this tedious task! There should definitely be an option for "Number Formats Only" in the Paste Special Submenu, if not a "Number Format Painter" as well!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add password to multiple files

I think it will be a good idea of there is function to add password to multiple excel files at the same time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. software issue for excel on Mac

the translate function does not work on Excel. I was ask by support to make a claim on this platform

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. on the sheets tab scroll with two fingers or mouse instead with buttons. i work with books that have a lot of sheets.

on the sheets tab scroll with two fingers or mouse instead with buttons. i work with books that have a lot of sheets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In the sheets at the bottom of the page it would be nice to be able to scroll through them all using the the trackpad.

Make it possible to use the track pad to scroll back and forth through the sheets when there is too many to show on one page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base