Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Obtaining Hang Seng Index from the Stocks module

I am using Excel for Mac, version 16.30 (always updated to the latest version)

I can easily obtain stock quotes all index members of the Dow Jones, Hang Seng Index, Swiss Market Index. Also to retrieve the index quotes for DJIA, S&P500, DAX, etc. is not an issue at all.

Obtaining the quote for the Hang Seng Index itself I haven't figured out for a couple of months already.

“HSI” returns "H.I.S. Co Ltd (OTCM:HISJF)” “Hang Seng” returns “No results found for Hang Seng” “^HSI” returns results such as H-Source Holdings, etc.

I have reached out to Microsoft calling the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add CTRL+J for Find function to Mac version

Add CTRL+J for Find function to Mac version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Temporary stored files during saving Excel file cannot be deleted on NAS - .xlsx.sb

since the update to Mojave, Excel documents store repeatedly (not all files) temporary folders which are not deleted on NAS when one opens them with Microsoft Office 2016. This behavior seems related to the content within the Excel files. It looks like that as long as no diagram is saved in the Excel document the associated temporary file will be deleted as intended.

But if diagrams ore a more complex document structure is being created in the documents, then apparently not only temporary documents but folders are created during saving. After closing the document, you can no longer delete the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy Format by taking (with mouse) the left corner of the cell

As well as you may copy the complete cell selecting the bottom-rigth corner, with this new feature you may be able to copy both; only the format or only the values (your choise on settings) by using the "upper left corner".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow images to be inserted/embedded into comments and notes.

Please allow this desperately requested feature, as most Microsoft Excel users need to annotate their spreadsheets with images.

For example, I have a spreadsheet comparing possible travel routes for a trip I am planning. I would like to insert a screenshot of a receipt into a comment/note so I can easily "hide" it or view/"show" it, as needed.

The value of having images within comments/notes is that they will remain linked to the associated box. This would be extremely helpful for spreadsheets containing multiple images.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Find

Why after so many years of people requesting that Find All button be added to the Find dialog box in Mac Excel version it's still not there? How difficult is it just to add a button?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sheet numbers change as you drag the formulae down

Can there please be the ability to drag the below function down the column and the sheet number changes automatically only. The '$' sign fixes the cell but I need the ability for the sheet number to change automatically in numerical order as I have over 200 rows and 25 columns to change manually!!

='18'!$B$3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Filtering directly from the chart

Be able to filter information in the chart, similar to what exist on windows.
    Example attached(image)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please don't bar people from using all functions on Office Home & Student 2016 for Mac

As a student, I have purchased a lifetime license for Microsoft products. It seems ridiculous that I am barred from using functions such as "MAXif". Why can't all functions be made available? I am sure NO company will get rich making extra $ from students in this manner. This is so sad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In Office 2011 for Mac in the pulldown File menu under Recent the user has the option to Clear Recent. This option does not exist in Office

In Office 2011 for Mac in the pulldown File menu the user had the option to Clear Recent. This option is missing in Office 2016. It was a useful feature. You should put it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Repetitiveness in the process of a Time Trial Worksheet.

I'm making a document for data consisting of time trials. However when Adding the time trials together, it has to be in a certain conditional format. And its inconvenient, repetitive, and time-wasting to put multiple 0s for everything to find averages, and sums of my time trails. ex. 0:04:32

I feel this may be a quick fix. Would appreciate the effort.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Refresh a power query

Allow Mac users to refresh a Power Query that gets files from a folder (and was created with windows).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make all functions and tools available for both Mac and Windows OPS.

Why can't all the same tools be accessed on different operating systems? I don't get it I am in college and this is a constant problem. Not everyone using this program has Windows as their operating system. Why even offer it to download on other operating systems if all the tools won't be accessible. Today, I was trying to use the forecast sheet function and that is not available on my Mac, yet all the other forecast functions to make formulas are there. It just doesn't make sense.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AutoFilter Spacebar Selector

Like in Windows, it would be much faster to use keyboard shortcuts for things like selecting items in the AutoFilter list (i.e. using the space bar). As of today, you cannot highlight and select different items in the filter list without the mouse. Also annoying, is the fact that selections are applied instantly, causing nonsense CPU work and worse yet the window shifts in view as calculations are running. Messy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please update excel to open files in Catalina OSX, all other 365 programs working

Please update excel to open files in Catalina OSX, all other 365 programs working.
    Excel will open but will not open an excel file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mac OS update to Catalina

Just ugraded to Catalina and now unable to use my Office package, contacted Microsoft and been told I need to pay and upgrade to 64 bit version, Catalina does not support 32 bit. I was happy with what I had and previously paid for. This is ridiculous surely office packages should be supported and future proofed against OS updates,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. coucou

coucou

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base