Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel for Mac bad PDF export font kerning problems and other messy details

Today at work I encountered this problem while making PDF's of charts for a print publication. The Mac version of Excel is not able to produce proper PDF's! Look at the wonky kerning of the numbers under these charts, and the wobbly dotted lines. Compare them to the perfect kerning in the Excel for Windows 2017 PDF export...!
    The same sheet was used for this export. First I thought it was the zoom level of Adobe Acrobat interferring with the pixel mapping of my screen but it is not, the PDFs are just jiggy and messy when exported on a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Upgrade Microsoft "Analysis ToolPak" to include additional statistical tools as found in "Data Analysis Plus"

Would it be possible to upgrade the Microsoft "Analysis ToolPak" for Excel (Office 365) to include additional statistical tools as found in "Data Analysis Plus" provided by the following third party:

http://www.kellerstatistics.com/KellerStatistics/DataAnalysis

Or, provide instruction on how to install the "Data Analysis Plus" for Excel Office 365 (in which folder to import it in for Mac)

See attached file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ayni Dosyalari Windows ve Mac de ayri ayri yaparken Windows menülerde kullanabildigim menü ve sekmeler maalesef Mac de mevcut degil. Dolayis

Ayni Dosyalari Windows ve Mac de ayri ayri yaparken Windows menülerde kullanabildigim menü ve sekmeler maalesef Mac de mevcut degil. Dolayisiyla makro kayıtlarda doğru Calisma olmuyor. Makro kayıt yaparken kopya yapistir islemi, geliştirici menüsünde göreli başvuru kullan vede veri menüsünde Form sekmesinin bulunmayisi gibi. Yani Windows da yapılan bir dosyayı kopyalayıp Mac e yapistir yaparak acmak degil, Mac de de ayni dosyayı hazırlarken menü kullanımındaki eksikliklerden kaynaklanan bir sorun gibi bence. Windows da bulunan ve kullanılan menü ve sekmeler Mac de yok veya islev yapmıyor. Bu konuda bilgilendirirseniz sevinirim. Saygilar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix encoding problem with Japanese

I work at a school that uses Excel for grades and must work with files that are made on Excel with a Windows machine. Each time I try to open a file with long lists of names in Japanese and corresponding scores from the student's test, the Excel on my Mac crashes.

I believe the problem has to do with how Excel 16 is encoding the Japanese characters from the Windows machine. I thought it might be a problem of fonts on my Mac but I have checked and all the fonts are in working order, with no problems in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix encoding problem with Japanese

I work at a school that uses Excel for grades and must work with files that are made on Excel with a Windows machine. Each time I try to open a file with long lists of names in Japanese and corresponding scores from the student's test, the Excel on my Mac crashes.

I believe the problem has to do with how Excel 16 is encoding the Japanese characters from the Windows machine. I thought it might be a problem of fonts on my Mac but I have checked and all the fonts are in working order, with no problems in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. conditional formatting

Update Conditional Formatting wizards on Excel 2019 for Mac - to Excel for Windows.

Conditional Formatting panes were completely revamped on Windows in Excel 2007. The Mac version UI still uses the legacy design that's over a decade old

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix HTML export from AppleScript

Since 16.15, running the following AppleScript has either crashed Excel (versions 16.16–16.23) or (16.15 and since 16.24) produced a badly formatted HTML file.

tell application "Microsoft Excel" to save as active sheet filename theFolder & "test.html" file format HTML file format

Note that theFolder is a valid folder in the Office sandbox folder. The equivalent code in VBA works fine:

ActiveSheet.SaveAs FileName:=theFolder & "test.html", FileFormat:=xlHtml

Alternatively, could the VBA PublishObject object be added to the AppleScript dictionary?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to use dots as thousand separator in Excel charts labels

I want to use dots as thousand separator in Excel charts labels.
    I am not able, and understand other users experience the same problem:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/thousand-separator-changes-on-charts/703239f6-3323-4de3-8e6e-7f0f1143dcd5
    Jose Renato Mannis
    jrmannis@jrmannis.com
    +55 11 9 8279 9944

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please optimize Excel for Mac! Its so lagging... only 15.41 version is still workable... I have new MacBook Air 13 2018 retina

Please optimize Excel for Mac! Its so lagging... only 15.41 version is still workable... I have new MacBook Air 13 2018 retina

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ADD COMPARE AND MERGE WORKBOOKS FOR QUICK ACCESS TOOLBAR

it would be great if you added this so i could actually do my homework on my mac instead of having to drive to campus just so i can do one command and get credit for it. i feel like its pretty idiotic so have commands that are exclusively for windows when i pay the same amount that windows users pay.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Popup menus

365 for Mac has lost the ability to create popup menus via VBA using:

Set SubMenuItem = MenuItem.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)

We are told to use XRibbon, but it is not nearly as useful. It was possible to use it in 2011 and still works in 365 for Windows. Lack of parity on Mac is a huge problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New updates

I see an April 4th update states "The product icons have been redesigned to reflect simple, powerful, and intelligent Office experiences". Sorry, no pass. My idea is that you start to implement all the many ideas and fix the multitude of glitches. Then perhaps we can have a better Office experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Need to fix how Excel for Mac 16.23 is causing multiple files to open upon startup.

Need to fix how Excel for Mac 16.23 does not shut down properly and that causes it to open multiple files upon startup. This would seem like it is an autorecovery issue but it is not because it still occurs even after all autorecovery files have been sent to trash. A simple internet search will confirm that this is a long-standing problem many have suffered and there is no methodology offered to fix it. Even reinstalling Excel does not correct the issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. request you add the Design Mode to the Mac version

Add the Design Mode button to the Developer ribbon just like you have it in the windows version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow user to change the colour/style of highlighted cell.

Allow user to change the colour/style of highlighted cell. Currently I spend way to much time looking for the faint green highlighted cell when I do a search. I would make the highlight colour a bright red to make it easy to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. copy and paste console

have a shorcut that labels what you have copied, and displays it on the console to the side of the workbook. like if you press command+shift+1(this would be the first thing you copied, and if you press copy again before pasting your last copy you would have to press command+shift+2 if you wanted to store it along with the previous copy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Get data from web

Please, give the function to mac users as well. I do have to rely on LO to do this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SUMPRODUCT should work with rows and columns

SUMPRODUCT should calculate a value from the same dimension-size arrays regardless of their vertical or horizontal alignment like for example =SUMPRODUCT(A1:D1,F1:F4)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base