Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove small islands of Tokyo from Maps for visibility

Since there are small islands such as Ogasawara Islands in the south, if you include the data of Tokyo in Maps and set Map Area to Only regions of data, the map will be displayed very small, so I want only the main island of Tokyo will be displayed and the small islands won't be shown in the map for visibility reason.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The charts no longer look at time/date data correctly

My idea is to get the bounds/scale range thing sorted out again and running like it used to. Data is not looking at the time it's plotted against and to get it to show up on our graphs now, you have to re-set the bounds, which makes the scale not correct to the data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix the Waterfall chart to include display units like thousands

In all the charts I've looked which is most you can format the axis to change the way the units are displayed like in hundreds, thousands, millions...
    The Waterfall chart doesn't allow for this. The format axis dialog box to the right doesn't have this choice. Please see the attached file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Quickly add series name to just one data label

I can't do this right now because changing the properties of a single data label adds data labels to entire series.

Select data point on a line chart, Add Data Label -> all good, only the data label I want appears.

Then go to Format Data Label -> Label Options -> change anything, all the data points in the series get a label and I have to delete them one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. People Graph

When I have a people graph in Mac and update VBA data on Windows PC the people graph is resetted and needs to be configured again (select title, add data again).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Update new regions for Ghana

Ghana currently has 16 regions, however some of the new regions do not show in excel maps. While Oti region shows in the map, other regions like Bono East region, Ahafo region, Bono Region, North East region , Western North, and Savannah regions do not show. Find below the new map for Ghana.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. XY Scatter Charts in polar coordinates

It would be very nice if I could plot my data in polar coordinates. Cartesian coordinates are fine for most data sets, but they're not universal. I'm working with polar data right now, and the X-Y scatter chart I get is not satisfying

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add superscript and subscript in a chart by using comand+1

It takes years to find proper number/letter in Unicode Character Table to make superscript or subscript. It would be much easier to use comand+1 or to click it next to the main tools.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Maskeneingabe

Es währe toll, wenn im nächsten update die Schaltfläche "Maske" wie es die Windowsnutzer im Excell haben aufgeschaltet werden würde.
    Zudem vermisse ich die "Userform" in den Entwicklertools.

Mit bestem Dank
    A. Büche

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add dynamic graphs for timeline-based data

It would be very nice and useful to add dynamic graphs, especially for timeline-related data.
    These graphs would have a cursor at the bottom for instance that enables the display of data for a specific position in the timeline. An option would automatically slides this cursor from left to right at a user-defined pace.
    The present value of the cursor in the timeline should be placed in a cell, so that this value can be used to display filtered data besides the graph.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Edit mode in "Select Data Source" in charts

Being able to toggle between Edit and Enter mode is very useful, and is permitted in function entry. In the Windows version of Excel, F2 also works in "Select Data Series" for charts, but not in the Mac version. Can you please fix this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Excel should not only have infinite vertical room, it should have infinite horizontal room

My idea is for Excel to have an infinite horizontal room like Microsoft word.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A Venn diagram that shows the circles in proportion to their data sizes.

Provide a way to create a Venn diagram so that the circle sizes approximate the different magnitudes of the data items. When they are all the same size, you can only see relationships, not the importance of them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change data series order in chart legends

As of March 2020, I can change the order of data series for a chart either by using the arrow buttons in the Chart Source Data dialog or by changing the order value in data series definitions in the formula bar; but (at least for line charts) this does not alter the data series order in chart legends.

Search results for "change Excel chart legend data order" indicate the Windows version matches the legend data order to the chart data order when changed, as it should. Need to do that for the Mac version, too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set gradient stops for chart data to absolute values rather than percentages

As of March 2020, gradient stops for chart elements are set to percentage of the data range (i think), but it would be more useful to have the option of setting them to specific data values.

Also, marker gradients currently apply to the symbols themselves, which is pretty useless. Instead, marker gradients should reference the data range so the whole marker's color depends on value.

Example: I'm charting blood pressure values. I want the marker and line colors to reflect the normal range (systolic below 120 = green), hypertension stages (above 130 or 140 = yellow–orange), and critical (above 160…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Excel charts confusing menu item

In Excel 16.34 (Office 365), when working on a chart, the Menu option Data\Chart source data is not greyed out when nothing is selected, which is confusing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excel charts confusing menu item

In Excel 16.34 (Office 365), when working on a chart, the Menu option Data\Chart source data is not greyed out when nothing is selected, which is confusing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix chart moving and resizing issue when opening worksheets from previous versions

When opening a worksheet created and/or opened in a previous version of Excel, any charts are re-sized and moved within the worksheet. Given that there is no VBA user form support (amongst other features) in Excel 16.3x I frequently move between the two versions. Having to re-format every chart when changing versions is a huge pain. Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Map charts: include Cyprus as part of Europe

When creating a chloropleth map chart based on European Union data, we cannot set the map area to 'Multiple countries/regions'. We only have the options 'Automatic', 'Only regions with data' and 'World'; 'Automatic shows the world map.

If the data point for Cyprus is removed, we are able to set the map area to 'Multiple countries/regions' and show Europe only, including countries for which there are no data. This suggests that Excel maps do not consider Cyprus to be part of Europe.

As Cyprus is a member of the European Union, please update the map so that Europe includes Cyprus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base