Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a choice to send file directly to Drop Box

Have a choice in the Send a copy / directly to Drop Box

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to select multiple files or clear all files under the Recent Tab of the Welcome Splash Screen?

I just want to know if you add a feature that lets all users select multiple files or clear all files under the Recent tab of the Start Screen of Microsoft Office Suite programs, what do you think?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When quitting Excel, Word, or PowerPoint, and then reopening them (or restarting my Mac), none of them will reopen the previously open docum

When quitting Excel, Word, or PowerPoint, and then reopening them (or restarting my Mac), none of them will reopen the previously open documents. Unchecking the option Close windows when quitting app in the General tab of Mac System Preferences, the Office 2019 for Mac doesn’t reopen the files that are previously opened either. This was never a problem before, but this new feature seriously interrupts my work flow. Please restore the functionality that made it possible for documents to automatically reopen upon restart. I hate trying to remember what I was working on and dig through stored files to reopen…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Autosave should work to save the file in the same location automatically - not only if you are on Microsoft cloud.

Autosave should work to save the file in the same location automatically - not only if you are on Microsoft cloud

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove the "auto save" feature before it destroys any more Excel files.

Remove the "auto save" feature before it destroys any more Excel files. I decided to use the "auto save" feature on a very important file and it destroyed my file. Don't put computer features out there that you are not prepared to back up by fixing any mistakes you make.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Desktop

Provide one button or simple instructions on how to copy and save to MAC desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Additional warning or options for saving .csv file

If a user is trying to save a csv file that has been modified with additional worksheets, give a user the opportunity to save the file as a different format before moving forward with keeping the file as a csv and discarding information on all other worksheets.

I feel like this is done in the windows versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like to save to a directory/folder on iCloud and am unable to select the directory on iCloud.

I need to save to a directory on iCloud and am unable to select a specific directory on iCloud.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add an option to Save All

Currently the only way to do a Save All is to quit Excel and choose Save Al in the alert that shows up. It would be really great if there were a command to allow saving all at any time without having to Quit Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Autosave to work with iCloud. (Not everyone has OneDrive!)

Please can you enable Autosave to work with the Mac's Cloud solution, iCloud. Although I personally use OneDrive, I don't want my excel files saved there. I have them all saved on iCloud or locally on my HD. Users should be able to select which cloud service they wish to use for Autosaving. (including other wider providers).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Progress Bar in Status Bar missung

When opening and saving files in version 16.36 the progress bar is completely gone. So is the calulation percentage display when recalculating worksheets. A major loss for everyday users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make Office recognize SharePoint locations that are synced via OneDrive

Right now if I open an Excel file that is stored on my Mac and is synced via OneDrive - Business (SharePoint locations), Excel does not recognize that file to be an online file. It still thinks that it is stored locally (eg no AutoSaving).

But if I do the same thing with my personal OneDrive folder then it opens as an online file (eg AutoSaving works).

Can you please improve the behavior of these files?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please rename AutoSave. People confuse it with AutoRecover

People do not understand that AutoSave is a new feature for OneDrive and SharePoint. They constantly mistake it for AutoRecover. AutoSave should be renamed something like CloudVersions or CloudRestore to indicate that it involves only files saved to the cloud,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow "good morning" to be hidden

The "good morning" on the home page of Excel (and other Office applications) feels very patronising and childish. Could we have an option to hide it please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have a File Open icon which can be added to the ribbon and the QAT

Currently the File Open command is not available to be added to the ribbon/QAT, even though File Save, Save As, Close, etc are. Please add so to make it easier to execute this common task

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please Fix UNREADABLE Open Recent File Name Display

Presently the File > Open Recent menu displays an UNREADABLE bunch of file names that DOES NOT display long file names. Instead it sometimes gives a path name partially with a "-...>>" symbology in the middle of a file name. On shorter file names IT STILL DOESN'T DISPLAY THE WHOLE FILENAME and insists on spliting it up with a "..." in the middle. This is torment. PLEASE FIX THIS!!! IT WILL BE A TRIVIAL AMOUNT OF PROGRAMMING. See attached screen shot file to see how useless it is at present. HELP HELP HELP!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base