Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My excel crashing if I run VBA macro that has looping formula

My excel crashing if I run VBA macro that has looping formula.

I try to press esc twice and CTRL+. to stop the VBA macro calculation, however nothing happening, so I need to force quit my excel.

When I try the same file in Excel PC, it works perfectly, I can stop the looping with Esc button.

Please fix this issues on next version of Excel, I think this issue occurs because Excel for mac take much GPU Resources when run a looping VBA

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spillage Errors

This applies to Excel for Mac as well as Windows. I have been an Excel user since 1993 and I build spreadsheets frequently. Most of my spreadsheets perform simple arithmatic operations - e.g. they utilize simple algebra and trigonometry formulas. Very rarely do I use Dynamic Array Functions. I use Range Names so that I can easily check my formulas. Within the last few weeks I have been getting "Spillage Errors" associated with Dynamic Arrays even though I did not use a Dynamic Array Function. These errors seem to be associated with my Range names. I've never had this in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Windows version. Excel shows that the "Integer" fu

This is not a new Idea, but an Error just discovered on the Mac version as well as the Windows version of Excel. The Integer function in Excel currently reports that the Integer of any decimal value less than -1 is equal to -1. This in NOT correct. The Integer any number less than 1 should be ZERO.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Consistent F2 Key to toggle point and edit

There are a number of Dialogue boxes including Define Names, Data Validation where the F2 key does not toggle between edit/point. This inconsistency hampers productivity and increases frustration. Shortfall observed across a range of Apple devices/Excel versions. BTW Windows versions are fine

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MAKE IT SO IT DOESN'T CRASH!!!

Guys! Excel crashes every 15 mins or more! It's almost unusable and I have to use it. It ridiculous how bad it is. I shouldn't have had to pay money for this and it makes my job 10x harder. Please fix it. For the amount of money I paid for office (and excel) it should be a working program. Right now Microsoft is a thief of my money and time with the amount of times I've had to redo work with all the crashes. I don't want to hear how you fixed it, just fix it!! (yes, I've updated the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Obtaining Hang Seng Index from the Stocks module

I am using Excel for Mac, version 16.30 (always updated to the latest version)

I can easily obtain stock quotes all index members of the Dow Jones, Hang Seng Index, Swiss Market Index. Also to retrieve the index quotes for DJIA, S&P500, DAX, etc. is not an issue at all.

Obtaining the quote for the Hang Seng Index itself I haven't figured out for a couple of months already.

“HSI” returns "H.I.S. Co Ltd (OTCM:HISJF)” “Hang Seng” returns “No results found for Hang Seng” “^HSI” returns results such as H-Source Holdings, etc.

I have reached out to Microsoft calling the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Obtaining Hang Seng Index from the Stocks module

I am using Excel for Mac, version 16.30 (always updated to the latest version)

I can easily obtain stock quotes all index members of the Dow Jones, Hang Seng Index, Swiss Market Index. Also to retrieve the index quotes for DJIA, S&P500, DAX, etc. is not an issue at all.

Obtaining the quote for the Hang Seng Index itself I haven't figured out for a couple of months already.

“HSI” returns "H.I.S. Co Ltd (OTCM:HISJF)” “Hang Seng” returns “No results found for Hang Seng” “^HSI” returns results such as H-Source Holdings, etc.

I have reached out to Microsoft calling the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please update excel to open files in Catalina OSX, all other 365 programs working

Please update excel to open files in Catalina OSX, all other 365 programs working.
    Excel will open but will not open an excel file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mac OS update to Catalina

Just ugraded to Catalina and now unable to use my Office package, contacted Microsoft and been told I need to pay and upgrade to 64 bit version, Catalina does not support 32 bit. I was happy with what I had and previously paid for. This is ridiculous surely office packages should be supported and future proofed against OS updates,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Problem between cells

When I divide 2 cells with results generated by formulas, the division cannot be dynamic!
    The calculus fixes on the 1st result found.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Is anyone having issues running Excel Office 2019 with Mac OS Catalina 10.15? Mine just quits every time

Is anyone having issues running Excel 2019 with Mac OS Catalina 10.15? Mine just quits every time whether opening an existing doc or creating a new one. It worked perfectly with Mojave.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automator on Mac no longer is compatible with Excel for Mac

Previously, Automator could be used to perform a variety of functions with excel. Now, using excel with automator returns the error "The action “[ACTION]” encountered an error: “Microsoft Excel got an error: Parameter error.” Where [ACTION] is the particular Automator action you wanted to perform.

Could you please make these programs work together again?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automator on Mac no longer is compatible with Excel for Mac

Previously, Automator could be used to perform a variety of functions with excel. Now, using excel with automator returns the error "The action “[ACTION]” encountered an error: “Microsoft Excel got an error: Parameter error.” Where [ACTION] is the particular Automator action you wanted to perform.

Could you please make these programs work together again?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Important functionalities that appear and disappear, between updates.

What happen again with PASTE WITHOUT FORMAT? (Option+Shift+Command+V), it’s so useful, and
    What happened with move around the Sheet with trackpad gesture with 2 fingers?

You must have a defined application programming line, good things appear and disappear between an update and another.

These functionalities (explained their disappearance in the first paragraph) are preserved by both Word and PowerPoint, I don't understand why they aren't transverse to all applications and maintain homogeneity in your products.

I don't know if this is read by someone, or has any repercussion on the product, but at least I comply with informing about a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix Copy > Paste Link..

Repeatedly get an error message (Alert - Unable to paste link) when I use Copy > Paste Link from one sheet to another in the same workbook. I'm using latest Office 365 version of Excel on my Mac
    This is causing me to lose considerable productive time.
    Please can this be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I found what I think is a significant bug in Excel for Mac 16.29.1. I would like to show it to MS. How?

In some cases adding two numbers gives an incorrect result. A digit incorrectly shows up in the 12th decimal position in the result when adding two numbers that are truncated to just two decimal places. The xlsx file attached shows an example. I'm attaching a PDF of the same file to show these results in case another version of Excel gives different results with the xlsx file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add excel form on Mac

pls. add data entry form in excel in Mac asap.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base