Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Desperately need to make Excel for Mac the same as Windows version

Taking business classes that require me to bring my laptop to class and use my own computer to do assignments. It's inconvenient that I have to use public computers or buy a Windows computer simply to do homework. If you truly valued your customers, Mac and Excel need to be as compatible as it is on the Windows operating system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ihr Aktualisierungsserver ist nicht mehr erreichbar ! Autoupdate kann keine Verbindung zum Updateserver herstellen. :-( :-( :-(

Ihr Aktualisierungsserver ist nicht mehr erreichbar ! Autoupdate kann keine Verbindung zum Updateserver herstellen. :-( :-( :-(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stock feature should work on standalone office version for MAC

The Stock information retrival feature does not work on the standalone version of office on a MAC. There was no notification that this feature did not work before I purchased Office 2019. Unfortunately for me this was one of the primary reasons that I upgraded to 2019. Could you please make Excel work as it should.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. editar una tabla dinamica,

cuando tengo un dato, por ejemplo: ALMERIA y lo cambio en la tabla por GRANADA, me sustituye todas las celdas por esta ultima y en lo sucesivo siempre que en la hoja de donde provienen los datos, aparece Almeria, me lo sustituye en la tabla dinamica por Granada.
    Como pedo anular esta instrucción,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make the formatting uniform to all Operating systems (windows and MAC)

We have noticed various issues when an Excel file is created and then e-mailed to a Mac user. For example, certain cells do not stay highlighted. Also, when the Windows user sees a spreadsheet solely appearing on one page sometimes when myself (Mac user) receives it a Column or Row does not fit. Additionally, under page layout when select print headings this expansion of the sheet occurs. We have noticed various formatting issues and wish that the Excel program would be more consistent so that each user would have a similar view as well as experience using the program's lies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ADD the view object tab back into VB project

cannot modify excel forms in macro embedded spreadsheet. can change code but not the physical user form

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. improve checkbox

create a checkbox option that is:
    - bold to read (visually striking instead of utterly subtle as it is now. see google sheets for example)
    -easy to insert
    -easy to copy and paste across columns/rows
    -automatically centres in cell
    And, it would be fantastic if Excel preserves the checkboxes from GoogleSheets instead of turning it into TRUE FALSE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Convert Word Documents to JPG via Batch Word to JPG Converter

We have listened about converting the images document to PDF or Microsoft Word, but it may not be possible for you when it comes to trying it. You may be wondering how to do it or is it easy to perform or not? Here is the option of Batch Word to JPG Converter as from its name, only you may guess it is for converting multiple files together. Thus if you require to convert the multiple files or more than 50 files, then you can use it and convert the data easily without any hassle. If you need to convert…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable capability to create add-in menu via VBA (as with PC)

In the PC version of Excel one can create an Add-In menu via a VBA module that executes when a workbook is opened and adds a ribbon tab that displays a drop-down box where the selections link to macros which implement custom-developed capabilities. Why hasn't this been done for the Mac?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Chart Element!Axes doesn't allow addition of a secondary axis if you've never added one

Following the help instructions for secondary axis is useless, because the menu does not contain Secondary Axis until you've added one. The only way to do it is to right-click on the series and choose "Format Data Series...". At least please fix the help, but even better would be to fix the menu item.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ADD OLAP support for Office 365 Excel

Is it possible to have Office 365 Excel support OLAP?

Personally, my work as a Data Analyst in my company is largely (in fact at all times) dependent on this feature. At the moment, I need to be moving with both Windows and Mac machines if I need to get work done on time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ADD OLAP support for Excel

Is it possible to have office 365 support OLAP?

Personally, my work as a Data Analyst in my company is largely (in fact at all times) dependent on this feature. At the moment, I need to be moving with both Windows and Mac machines if I need to get work done on time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. import XML

There is not way to import and map XML data to excel for mac

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ı can't change the my excel language in my mac

ı can't change the my excel language in my mac please help me

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. aktivasyon sorunu

office for mac 2011 aktivasyon sorunu yaşıyorum. yönlendirmiş olduğunuz türkiye telefon numaraları kapalı. aranmıyor. Nasıl aktivasyon yapacağım?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow users to disable "opening file warning"

Whenever I open a LOCAL .png file (unlike a .jpg) from a Hyperlinked cell, Excel forces me to click OK on a dialog warning me "Some files contain viruses..." DUH.

This forces me to make an extra step, that is completely unnecessary, and support has posted that it is intentional and not a user controlled option.

Listen, I'm using your software, on MY COMPUTER, with my files, and it is NOT Microsoft's job to protect me from me.

No wonder I dumped Microsoft Windows years ago.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. iPad版のExcelでもセルにカーソルインして編集モードにできるようにしてほしいです。

iPad版のExcelでもセルにカーソルインして編集モードにできるようにしてほしいです。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)