Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to disable virus warnings for internal files on at least workbook level, especially for pdf files.

Hyperlinked .pdf files from my own One Drive folder always comes up with virus warning when opening from Excel for Mac. At least windows can go to trust and fix, but can't in Mac. Would prefer to be a setting for each work book at the minimum.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create an option to group together sheets in an excel by category

For example, a single excel for all teachers in a school could include sheets with schedules for each day of the week, responsibilities/guidelines/priorities, student directories by grade, etc. If I could group the sheets for schedules together, or student directories of all grades, that would help organize the space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create an option to group together sheets in an excel by category

For example, a single excel for all teachers in a school could include sheets with schedules for each day of the week, responsibilities/guidelines/priorities, student directories by grade, etc. If I could group the sheets for schedules together, or student directories of all grades, that would help organize the space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the bounds feature for graphs in the same area as found on a PC.

I'm trying to edit the x-axis of a graph but the bounds feature is not found in the same area as on a PC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Text to Columns - Check box for only one time, so I don't have to manually reset

If I use Text to Columns, with say space as delimiter. Then unless I go and manually put the delimiters back to only tabs, every paste I do, splits my data on spaces. If that is a feature that people want, (someone who needs it to always split on something other than tabs), then could you just have a checkbox or something for those of us that only want the option one time?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How about fixing Excel 2016 for Mac so that it doesn't crash on "Save As"?

For several months Excel 2016 for Mac has been crashing every time I attempt "Save As". I'm running version 16.16.26 (200914) and MacOS 10.15.6 Catalina.

This is such a basic piece of functionality that I'm flabbergasted that Microsoft has not fixed it. I'm using Excel without any add-ons or such. It's just plain broken.

• Hasse

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. recent files

Like in windows, Excel for MAC should also have the option of right click and clear all recent files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support for Engineering Number Format

Same as Scientific format, but exponent is limited to multiples of 3 to correspond with metric system Kilo, Mega, Giga

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Quick time entry formats

I use Excel for Mac and use a Magic Keyboard 2. The number pad doesn't have a colon (:) and so I often find myself needing to type in a time and then break away to type a colon with shift-;. Very inefficient."

When the cell's format is set to time, it would be nice if you could both/either use the period key (.) which is included on the number pad in place of the colon (i.e. typing "10.23" would result in 10:23:00 AM), or be able to type a string of numbers in HHMMSS format (i.e. typing "102300" would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Would it be possible to have bullet points within the cells?

Adding bullet point function within the cells for easy editing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to add a Title to a Chart Legend

To improve comprehension of chart data, it is sometimes very helpful to explain what each data series represents. E.g. if the series names say "orange", "apples", and "bananas" the legend could say Fruit [lbs].
    While this information could be added in the chart title, it can make that title too long.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. scroll and copy

dont assume that I want a series fill when I highlight a cell and scroll down, i just want to copy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Highlighting options for Sheet/Workbook search.

It would be helpful to be able to highlight or modify the way cells are viewed using the search function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. In the excel filter menu show a light colored bar to show how many of that value there are in the column.

An underlay behind the fliter menu to show the count of each value in the filter menu for that column.
    This will give users a good indication of the impact of that value. In a second phase, hovering over the value could give a tool tip with the count or make the count show up on the right hand side of the filter menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After excel upgrade 16.41.20091302, text in Hindi not properly seen and printed.

After excel upgrade 16.41.20091302, text in Hindi not properly seen and printed. Even if I save the file in pdf, it's not visible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Money in Excel work for multiple Editor accounts

HI, my wife and I are still using the legacy version of Microsoft Money. We were excited to see the new template for Money in Excel. But it quickly became a non-starter when only one Microsoft Account can be an editor. Support for Editing / managing, the file for multiple Microsoft accounts is key to make this usable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add power query function in mac like in windows.

Please add power query function in mac like in windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would like to remove the recent file list

I would like the recent file list removed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 73 74
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base