Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fixing deletion of first part of formula when type and insert a function from popup in formula bar + an great idea request

when I have a formula like '=A1*D44+(100/3)' in a field and then I put the cursor in front of 'A1' and start typing 'Afron...' ( dutch for roundup ) then there pops up a popup list with rounding function. Fine so far. But when I choose any formula function then it removes the first few items of the existing formula. Bad bad boy's! Very annoying when you have to do this for a lot of changes.
    When you get this solved, it would be nice that when I have a formula part selected, that when inserting a formula function that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make VBA GetFileName work in Mac. It works fine in Windows.

There is no simple means of selecting a file name from a VBA macro on the Mac platform. The only workaround devised (as far as I know) is incredibly clumsy and does not allow use of the GetFileName or ChDir routines.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hi Iove the new excel for mac but i keep having problems with selection of cell in graph for new data and solver is a nigthmare to use!

Hi Iove the new excel for mac but i keep having problems with selection of cell in graph for new data and solver is a nigthmare to use! Change in the old way please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow autofill to do more than 99 increments

Any time I try to autofill a date column by more than 99 rows at a time, Excel glitches. If I have an interval of five minutes, the 100th row filled will be incremented by either 5:01 or 4:59 minutes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Excel 15.16 crashes each time I want to save

I updated to 15.16 this morning, and now I can't work any more; Excel 15.16 crashes each time I want to save. Me too, I'm back to excel 2011, so frustrating.......

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. EXCEL SUCKS for mac 2011. it crashes, formulas do not work properly. no one has answers to fix these problems. what a waste of my $$$

Excel sucks. i hate it. version 2011 for mac is such a piece of crap. it crashes often when switching between windows, formulas do not work properly. i have never seen such a piece of crap.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Edit cell shortcut should be one click of the "return/enter" key like Google Sheets - two clicks for next cell

Edit cell should be one click of the "return/enter" key like Google Sheets - two clicks for next cell

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable batch convert cell refs in formulas from relative to absolute in one go.

Sometimes we need to convert a relative reference in a cell (e.g. A1) to absolute values (e.g. $A$1) or the contrary. This is a painstaking process, requiring to click in the cell, locate the references, and adding/removing the $ as required. It is tedious and has to be done cell by cell, and within a cell ref by ref. Like the middle ages! It would be useful and great to enable to select the cell (and even a group of cells) and toggle ALL REFS at once to absolute and relative.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove all subtotals on pivot tables

Add a checkbox for removing all subtotals on a Pivot Table like Windows Excel. It's frustrating to remove subtotals from each item individually.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. USB numeric keypad

Numeric keypad is not working after upgrading to El Capitan.
    Please update ASAP. working without mentioned keypad is very hard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. arrangement on dual screen

I have 2 displays attached to my apple computer. If I want to display one document on one display and the other document on another display, the windows are moved to the primary display when switching between documents using cmd + ~ (switch window). This makes it almost impossible to have 2 documents open next to each other. It would be better if the window position is not affected when switching between documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can you fix the mail merge bug in Office Mac 2011?

Mail merge does not work with an xlsm file, are there plans to fix this, it is extremely frustrating and time consuming using work arounds.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Release notes and updated documentation

In the Help menu->New Functions I would like to see the latest 5, 10 or last years additions and fixes from Excel with links to their updated counterpart documentation/release notes on the web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add scrolling arrows at bottom to allow easy viewing

Some arrows on the scroll bars would be nice to navigate individual cells without using the mouse scroll or shift+mouse scroll to view Excel sheets.

Becomes rather tedious working on large sheets and is quite clunky.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. fix it

excel for mac 2011 fucking sucks. i hate it. it crashes very often. formulas don't work properly. linked workbooks don't work properly. it keeps asking to update to a linked workbook EVERY FUCKING time i open my file. what a joke. I'm such an asshole for buying it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The instruction: application.DisplayFormulaBar = False or True didn't functioned in Excel 2011 for Mac

The instruction: application.DisplayFormulaBar = False or True didn't functioned in Excel 2011 for Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reinstate ability to temporarily evaluate part of a formula in the formula bar

In all previous versions of Excel for Mac, it was possible, while building a complex formula in the formula bar, to temporarily evaluate part of the formula by highlighting it and then using Cmd-= (Command & <equal sign>). To return the highlighted expression to what it was before evaluating, you then used Cmd-. (Command & <period>).

In Mac Excel 2016, the first part of this works fine, but the second part doesn't work at all - you are stuck with the evaluation, and there is no way to return to the expression that gave rise to it. In other words,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Saving file after crash and no internet connection

After Excel for Mac crashes while the computer is not on an internet connection, it fails to verify that the software is authenticated and thus disables the 'save' function. This has been very problematic especially in areas without internet connection/ during exams!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Toggle / Switch option under filtering

If we have large number of data in table and we want to see data belongs to few filters and then rest of the data. Say I have data for 100 cities and wanted to see data of 30 cities first and then rest of 70 cities. In first filter action I can select 30 cities and can look for its data and for rest I can just use toggle option to select rest 70 and unselect earlier selection of 30.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base