Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In Excel for

In Excel Windows I can choose between dot (.) or comma (,) as decimal separator in Options/ Advanced/ Editing options. Since comma is used in most European countries and dot in the U.S. and many other coutries this causes a lot of problems and sometimes accidents when Excel files from other countries are used. Please introduce the same option in Excel/ Mac/ Preferences – or even better - as a choice for each file. Now I have to replace all dots with commas or vice versa with the risk of involuntarily changing dots that should be dots. And I know…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blinking briefly or highlighting matching/ pared parentheses when checking through or writing a formula in the formula bar for Mac

Blinking briefly or highlighting matching/ pared parentheses when checking through or writing a formula in the formula bar for Mac. Like it does on windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. useful minor suggestions

Just moved from Excel 2011. to version 16.24

1 there should be more space in the chart select data window so it is not necessary to scroll to change details
    2 any way to avoid the auto insertion of "." after inserting 2 spaces very annoying ??
    3 formatting from the home tab should work universally and not be greyed out for certain actions on charts
    4 the last format used should be remembered for reuse
    5 the home copy format button should work for charts.

Hope you find theses ideas useful and can implement them in coming versions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a button to import data from WEB just like in the Windows version

Just insert the button "From Web" as the same way in Excel for Windows

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. solver multiple range

Using Solver, you cannot select multiple ranges in the "By changing variable cells box. If you select a range, type "," and select another range, the first range is overwritten rather than appended as in the Windows version of Excel.

Version 16.12

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel para Mac Versão 16.24

Não está salvando planilha com mesmo nome ou com outro nome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Excel to Mac the ability to change forumla and CSV delimeters.

Excel on the Mac has not ability to change the delimiters in the formulas and CSV exports. CSVs do not use ";" as delimiters, and if you have your regional settings customized for regions like South Africa, it forces formulas to use ";" and also CSV files have the ";" requiring you to edit them and find and replace each ";" with an ",".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sporadic Failure to Sync Changes to a Password Protected Spreadsheet in a Private OneDrive Folder

Steps to reproduce:
    - store a spreadsheet in a OneDrive folder that is private (in my case no one else can access this folder)
    - Protect the spreadsheet with a password to open AND a password to edit (while I am not certain these criteria are necessary, I suspect so since I have not observed this UX fail in cases where private spreadsheets do not have passwords)
    - while editing a file, click save at any point (doesn't appear to matter what has been added/edited/deleted in the spreadsheet)

Sporadically "on save" the attached alert bar will display. Sometimes the update…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to name and place icons on macros added to the Quick Access Toolbar

When a macro is added to the QAT, it displays as a circle in the toolbar. Add another, you get another circle. Unless you memorize what you added and the order you added them, you don't know what you're selecting. The list for customizing the QAT shows them as <<No label>>. You can name them with the Rename option on gear at the bottom of the dialog, but they revert back to no label after you exit the dialog.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 入力規則のドロップダウンリストの表示をセルの左右どちらでも選択できるようにしてほしい

入力規則のドロップダウンリストの表示をセルの左右どちらでも選択できるようにしてほしい

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Print Default Selected Area

when I select a print area, and then go to print - it seems to be the default to have print entire workbook - and I can't seem to change the default, or set up new presets that return automatically, so I just get print the print area selected and set? I used to be able to do this. This slows down my work process considerably and is a massive inconvenience. Who wants print entire workbook as a default? No-one I know. I've tried doing the string as a new preset, but can't get it to return automatically. Printing a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Upgrade Microsoft "Analysis ToolPak" to include additional statistical tools as found in "Data Analysis Plus"

Would it be possible to upgrade the Microsoft "Analysis ToolPak" for Excel (Office 365) to include additional statistical tools as found in "Data Analysis Plus" provided by the following third party:

http://www.kellerstatistics.com/KellerStatistics/DataAnalysis

Or, provide instruction on how to install the "Data Analysis Plus" for Excel Office 365 (in which folder to import it in for Mac)

See attached file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. return the keyboard shortcut for paste values

there was a keyboard shortcut for paste value in Excel for mac 2011, its missing in Excel 2016

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Pivot Table - Add the option to "include new items in manual filters"

Include the option to add new items in manual filters (same as the one that exists in the windows version)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve Excel for Mac performance

Please improve Excel performance. I have Microsoft for Windows opened in a virtual machine alongside Excel for Mac. And despite limited resources Excel for Windows performs MUCH better.
    For example when I put any value in a cell and hit enter and do it multiple times in a row then I experience a noticeable lag. There's no lag when I use the Windows version for the same file.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Distinct Count available in value field settings for Pivot Tables in MAC

make Distinct Count available in value field settings for Pivot Tables in MAC

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable Excel for Mac to connect to list data in SharePoint Online

It is currently not possible to connect Excel for Mac to data in a SharePoint list. That makes both Excel and SharePoint less functional in a wide variety of organizations, and makes SPO lists essentially useless in environments where they're updated from time to time.

Microsoft has developed a robust sync tool that works between Mac and SharePoint Online. Perhaps that could be adapted in a unidirectional way?

In any event, please consider for development.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base