Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Power Query has an issue with refreshing from Table object in the workbook

The power query does not refresh in Mac and fails with the an error External Data_1 failed to refresh, even though the tables are part of the same sheet. I have attched the file, please run a fresh all on the data tab and you can recreate the issue

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When functions are not available in mac-version, please make them available in the online version (such as Power Pivot

When functions are not available in mac-version, at least make them available in the online version (such as Power Power) as well in the personal as the business accounts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a user tutorial for pivot tables.

Create step by step user tutorial for pivot tables.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. update MAC with Windows version

Why does the MAC version still use threaded comments? Why is this version not compatible with Windows? When ever a feature is Removed from one version, it should be removed from all versions. Otherwise, what is the purpose of having cloud storage to work on the same file from multiple devices? Makes no sense.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. To save a spreadsheet, it seems I have to send it in an e-mail to myself. Why can I not "Save as" a spreadsheet?

To save a spreadsheet, it seems I have to send it in an e-mail to myself. Why can I not "Save as" a spreadsheet, so that I might use it in a Powerpoint presentation? Forgive me if this already exist. I will continue to try and find the answer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. To save a spreadsheet, it seems I have to send it in an e-mail to myself. Why can I not "Save as" a spreadsheet?

To save a spreadsheet, it seems I have to send it in an e-mail to myself. Why can I not "Save as" a spreadsheet, so that I might use it in a Powerpoint presentation? Forgive me if this already exist. I will continue to try and find the answer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. designed to change large number in general as a scientific number...that's ****! This is an accounting program - most are NOT scientists

When in a cell and it's formatted for "general", your system is apparently designed to make a long number a "scientific" number - THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. If we need a long number in a cell, we need a long number in the cell, the system should not automatically covert it to something totally different that what we entered!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please! VBA user form function for Macs, we need so much.

Please! VBA user form function for Macs, we need so much.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add OLAP support for Excel for Mac

We use Dynamics 365 Business Central, so it would be very beneficial to add OLAP support for Excel for Mac.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Undo/Redo (Command+Z) should be workbook dependent.

Currently : Working in two or more workbooks in separate windows share an undo history.

Idea : Workbooks should be independent and have individual edit history.

For example:

Workbook A : Data - sort - column A
    Workbook B : type "hello world"
    Workbook A : COMMAND+Z (undo) should undo the sort in workbook A.

Currently it undoes the type in Workbook B.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Excel for Mac.

1. We need a simple function that can tell us the last date a change was made to a cell.

2. We need a "find all" function that lists all examples in a separate box, together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. file name when use some symbol like " & " when save it turn to be something

file name when using some symbol like " & " when save it turn to be something

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Power Pivot function on PC must ALSO be usable feature on Mac

Seems a rip-off that Mac users must pay the same price for MS Office only to be short-changed on the utility of the program. Mostly use Excel and Outlook. The latter is generally okay, but Excel lacks.

1. Control keys do not navigate properly on the Mac and/or display does not move properly, especially large files; and germain to this thread,

2. Building pivot tables on the Mac is an absolute pain in the ... while very simple on a PC. Learned (from MS support) that this is a feature called "Power Pivot" that simply is not available on the Mac. Makes…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Preserve conditional formatting in Mac pivot table

Please add the conditional formatting "Apply Rule To" feature to Mac Excel. This is already in Windows. It is insanely frustrating that I need to re-apply the conditional formatting to every column every time I expand a pivot table or add data or really do anything to the pivot table. Thank you.

Also discussed here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/how-do-you-apply-conditional-formats-to-fields-in/7235070e-eeca-4b09-abd2-424e80333b06

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Khmer Unicode for Mac not render correctly after update to version 16.39, please fix it.

The previous version work fine with khmer unicode, after update to version 16.39 it become useless.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. find all function missing on Mac

Find all isn't available on Mac. Online and PC have this function. Needs to be on Mac too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add in tabbed browsing for workbooks like the plugin "Office Tab Plugin"

Add in tabbed browsing for workbooks. The tabs at the bottom for worksheets are great. But I would like something similar for the tons of workbooks I always have open.

The plugin Office Tab is similar to what I need. https://www.extendoffice.com/product/office-tab.html

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix the missing ADD TO PRINT AREA function

In Excel for PC there are 3 options SET PRINT AREA, CLEAR PRINT ARE and ADD TO PRINT AREA, the last option is missing in Excel for MAC

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Move or Copy sheet

I think it would make more sense to move the option "(move to the end)' to the top of the list. It is currently at the bottom of the list and in order to select it you have to scroll there anyway.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base