Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. duration

if you use negative rates in the DURATION o MDURATION function you don't get anythins #NUM, what shall we do ? thks in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Log in to your Norton account

The malwares today are advanced enough to penetrate the in-built security of your device. That is why it is essential to install external protection like Norton Antivirus software to give overall safety to your data. Norton exhibits several features like a smart firewall, secure VPN, Password Manager, etc. Norton also offers cloud storage where you can store unlimited data and files along with all these features. Cloud storage is easily accessible from any device. The advanced version of Norton can detect cyber-attacks and other online threats in an instant. With a secure VPN, you can connect to any public network…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel for Mac v16.45 - Can't Create Charts in Certain Workbooks

Hi,

I am working on a workbook that I've had for years, but for some reason I am unable to make charts all of a sudden in that workbook, but I can create charts when I copy the data to a new workbook.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Why is that?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the date model check box

Need to create a pivot t table by selecting the data model check box so I can use de "distinct cost function"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. McAfee Antivirus software

The cloud-based offline and online protection of McAfee Antivirus software is adept in defending the devices against multiple online threats, including ransomware, phishing sites, viruses, or other unwanted programs. McAfee also offers bank-grade encryption to give high-level security to some of your confidential data. Apart from all this, the WebAdvisor feature gives you an instant warning regarding any suspicious links or sites.

visit site :https://a2activate.co.uk/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Get Excel to work with Yahoo Finance Web Page doing Web Query

I’m **** a Web Query on Office 365 (Excel) for Mac using Yahoo Finance to get my data to insert into my Excel spreadsheet. Yahoo Finance webpage has 9 tabs. Only the Summary Tab works for my Web Query. When I use the Performance Tab which is the one that has the data that I want for my Web Query, it doesn’t work. This is not password protected as it just another tab on the Web Page. Can the MS Developers get this to work.
    The "performance" tab on Yahoo Finance has the financial data that the "summary tab" does…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Get Excel to work with Yahoo Finance Web Page doing Web Query

I’m **** a Web Query on Office 365 (Excel) for Mac using Yahoo Finance to get my data to insert into my Excel spreadsheet. Yahoo Finance webpage has 9 tabs. Only the Summary Tab works for my Web Query. When I use the Performance Tab which is the one that has the data that I want for my Web Query, it doesn’t work. This is not password protected as it just another tab on the Web Page. Can the MS Developers get this to work.
    The "performance" tab on Yahoo Finance has the financial data that the "summary tab" does…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. No se puede visualizar las propiedades avanzadas para hacer la creación de listas :c

No se puede visualizar las propiedades avanzadas para hacer la creación de listas :c

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Comment boxes moving far away from source cell

Hello
    I am working on a complex worksheet which I need to insert comments boxes for certain cells. When I create the cell the comment box is adjacent to the source cell. However as I add further data to the worksheet, the comment boxes move far away from the source cell. A Microsoft support staff member confirmed that this is a current limitation of Excel. He explained that the comment box is finding space where it will not be blocking information in surrounding cells. That said, there is space closer to cells where it would not be blocking text, but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. AutoSave should work with files saved to the local drive - Mac and iOS

MacOS and iOS both have access to an excellent cloud based file store which is system wide. iCloud Drive. Forcing Mac and iOS users to exclusively use one drive complicates normal process and adds uncertainty when it comes to where files are stored. Further more, files stored in One Cloud are not backed up by TimeMachine and therefore not available for restore or roll back via techniques that Mac users would be familiar with.

Enable auto save for any location, not just oneDrive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Comment added in a cell is not displaying when the adjacent cell is having color background

User is unable to view the comment added in a cell, when the adjacent cell is having colour background.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Excel

Cell indentations are far too big! For instance, a left indentation of 1 is around 2-3 spaces. There should be way that the user can adjust this to a smaller measure - say in millimetres or pts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use SHIFT + ENTER to make additional lines within a cell.

when creating additional lines within a cell, the key to allow this should be SHIFT + ENTER (like in windows)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SQL ODBC for Excel Mac with M1 chip

Hello,
    It seems SQL ODBC driver is not working (or even included) in the latest version of Excel for M1 chip.
    Would you have visibility on when this feature would become available please?
    Thank you,
    vince

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Is there any

Is there anyway we could use a tab name in a file and a graph. So you name the tab say USA and then it would be good to be able to pick up on that tab name for graphs and other uses in a spreadsheet.

Just a thought

Cheers

Graham

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Secondary axis charts

Make the secondary axis work the same on Mac as it does on PC. It is a right pain to get a secondary axis onto a graph in Mac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. please update your records more regularly

Please update your records more regularly. I'm being driven mad by the 'reactivation' message constantly reappearing and jumping my screen around.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add filter option for chart series

Add filter option for series in a chart. Similar to what is available on Excel for Windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to import xml files

We have to jump through hoops to import a xml file in Excel for Mac. What I can find is basically not understandable. I am paying a yearly subscription and expect more than this. Once I learn how to use Numbers and Pages I will be cancelling my subscription. I will learn how to use those before I continue struggling with this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base