Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. horizonal error bars for Mac

There is no possibility to do dumbbell dot plot charts if we cannot add error bars that are horizontal in excel mac, windows excel has it! thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Money in Excel, add account manually

Please allow adding manual accounts, such as the current value of home (to offset mortgage liability, which is automatically imported from my bank). Another example would be manually adding other assets, such as cryptocurrency, physical precious metals, ownership in partnerships etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conditional formating of LInes

If number above this cell is less than number below than this type of line; or
    If number above this cell is greater than number below than this type of line; or
    If number above this cell is equal than number below than this type of line.

I have spoken to others about this, and am 'told' that the formatting is possible. When I try to do it, it has never worked. Either I am not understand it, OR something is not complete in the Conditional Formatting protocols. I'ld like to format hundreds of cells for this evaluation. and right…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ctrl+M to merge cells

I've noticed that there is no default key binding for ctrl + M and think this would be fantastic for it to be the "merge" function of highlighted cells. Having to select cells and then click merge each time is more arduous than it needs to be.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Scollable tabs / sheets

Please make the tabs / sheets scrollable (gestures) and not only with arrows to click. A quick swipe would advance faster through several dozen tabs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Leap year dates

Leap year dates: Excel accepts 29th February 1900 (day number 60 on the excel calendar) as a valid date ..... but the Gregorian calendar rules state that 1900 is NOT a leap year.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. add the function to search an entire excel database that is made up of many tabs

add the function to search an entire excel database that is made up of many tabs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve Filtered Columns

On a table that's filtered, when you hit the little filter drop down arrow the cursor should immediately go to the search box in the drop down, rather than having to click it again. As you've just hit the dropdown you obviously want to filter and as that's the only field you can type in while filtering it should go there automatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Recent file list

Allow users of MS Office application users on Macs to customize or disable the recent list. It was on previous versions and available on the current PC version, so why not on the Mac?

Stop treating Mac users as second-class citizens and provide full functionality to the Mac version of your apps. You’ll never convince a Mac user to switch to a PC — giving us ****** apps just begets resentment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Color Bucket Tool

I have two Excel workbooks open side-by-side. I frequently change the cell color based on what I need to do, follow up on, etc. And it's different colors on the workbooks. This is a not a conditional format situation, because these are manual changes (no formula or pattern).

For example, in Workbook 1, I'm using the color bucket to fill in the cells I select to be the color red. When I click on Workbook 2, I notice that it's color bucket is now red. If I change Workbook 2's color bucket to purple, Workbook 1's color bucket also changes…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pivot totals cannot be formatted independent of data columns

Pivot tables in Mac don't allow for total columns to be edited independently of the fields listed. I would like to summarise by average whilst maintaining the sum function in the columns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make quick acces toolbar for Mac. same as in Windows, colored end option tu use bellow the ribbon

Make quick acces toolbar for Mac. same as in Windows, colored end option tu use bellow the ribbon

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get Data

Please add the "Get Data" button to Mac Excel. I am unable to complete a school project because of this. I cannot import a database file. It is infuriating that Windows users have this feature and Mac users do not. We are paying the same amount of money for this software. I have seen forum posts requesting this all the way back to 2017. Ridiculous.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Save formatting when scaling down pages...Column widths do not save when pages are scaled!

..For instance, after saving a document that is scaled (where all pages are scaled exactly the same even), column widths change and inserted pictures are stretched. I'm having to redo all my company templates to be 100% scaled and hope this will fix the issue.
    Excel is not well-tailored to layout and design. If only Adobe had a spreadsheet product ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add the support to insert files (objects) in the sheet

File won't autosave if there's an object inserted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Email button in Comman Ribbon on Excel does not work

Issue Description: Customized email button for sending the sheet/document as an attachment via email application MS Outlook doesn’t work in Excel for MAC. No error messages are given. Nothing happens when you push the email button on the Command Ribbon

Impact: High

Steps to reproduce (step by step):
    How to add the customized button to send documents as an attachment.
    Open Excel > go to preferences > under authoring click on ribbons and toolbars
    From the popular commands select the options says Email and move it to the right using the arrow buttons after created a customized folder under any…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base