Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PivotTable summarize

It would be very useful if you could define your own setting. For example, I never use the summary, it would be better for me if the default setting was average. It is very time consuming, for multiple data always open the pop-up window and change the setting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I cannot save an excel file as csv after my last macOS update yesterday.....pls help

I cannot save an excel file as csv after my last macOS update yesterday.....pls help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase capability of STOCKHISTORY function

The STOCKHISTORY function is great for getting the price history of one stock. Three suggestions:
    1. It could offer more utility if it could get the stock history for multiple stocks, and align the values with respect to dates. For example, if I wanted monthly close values for 8 stocks over a 4-year time range, it could return an array of 9 columns (1 date and 8 stock values) and 49 rows (1 header row and 48 monthly data rows).
    2. In addition to "daily", "weekly" and "monthly", it would be nice to have interval choices of "quarterly" and "yearly". …

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We are missing a "Save As" and/or a way to move a document to the cloud or locally after created

We are missing a "Save As" and/or a way to move a document to the cloud or locally after created

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. existe versión de Power Pivot, Map, View compatible con la MAC?

Solicito una versión de Power Pivot compatible con la MAC ya que a pesar de tener la ultima versión 365 de Microsoft no me permite instalar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When are you going to add power pivot to Mac Excel.

When are Mac users going to get POWER PIVOT on Mac Excel, feeling a little cheated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stock quotes

I have created a spreadsheet with stock quotes linked to it, I have discovered that when I protect the page the stocks will no longer update unless I unprotect the sheet. I think I could probably unprotect the individual cells and then it should work, but that would prevent the page from being protected from kids that may wander onto it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Changing the starting page doesn't work

I want to start page numbering at page 7 and have entered that number in Page Setup>>First Page Number.

It shows correctly in Page Layout but when I print or open in Preview it starts at Page 1.

I've found a work-around.

In Page Setup >> Page, set First page number to Auto. Then go to Page Setup >> Header/Footer and click Custom Footer. Click in any section (Left, Centre, Right) and then select the icon: Insert page number. This adds &[Page] to the section, then type '+6 ' (plus, number, space), where the number is 1 less than the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Microsoft Excel Version 16.39 and V16.40 Still doesn't support Khmer Unicode.

I contacted Microsoft support teams many times.
    They give me to feedback and change to old version of Excel for support Khmer unicode. (V16.30)
    Please Fix it on new version.
    I try lastest version of Excel V 16.40 (download from Office.com) still doesn't support.
    Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard in Excel for Mac.

Need to use different grouping from same source data. Functionality should be the same as Windows version. Without clearing cache for new table data grouping is consistent across all tables linked to same data source. I have one table in days but would like another table from same source but I years. It converts both tables to year altering the whole analysis. This affects slicers too. Workaround would be to inefficiently copy data source to another table with same data bit different name. So you would be C&P data from one table to the other. Not efficient at all.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. date picker for excel for Mac would be really helpful

date picker for excel for Mac would be really helpful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. opmerkingen

Sinds de laatste opdate verschijnen de opmerkingen in de cellen van Excel niet meer automatisch als je er met de muisaanwijzer overgaat. Waarom hebben jullie dat er uitgehaald.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Should be full screen when double click to title bar same as previous version

As my title, previous version, when I double click to title bar, the window will be increased full screen. Now, it's no more, I have to drag the corner to increase the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Needs an exit button

When finished, have to just go to another app. It would be good if I could just hit an exit button, a done for now button. It may be there already, but I can't find it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. preserve colors in charts on different computers

I frequently send spreadsheets with graphics to colleagues and clients. Frequently, the colours of graphs, charts etc are different on different machines. I need them to remain the same as I created them. Please introduce a feature to lock colours to prevent them from changing,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. histogram axis missing bin options

Please add bin option on mac

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. histogram axis missing bin options

Please add bin option on mac

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Floating live spreadsheet snippet window

I'd like the ability to select a set of cells and immediately make them into a temporary floating mini-spreadsheet window that persists even when moving between tabs (or worksheets). Sometimes, I'm changing a cell that links across pages and I want to see the immediate effect on another page, or I'm changing a cell on another page and want to see the immediate effect on a given page. This would provide persistent, convenient access to a small set of cells (or, e.g. a plot) without having to go back and find them again or sift through a bunch of windows…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix Ver 16.45 so VBA goal seek macro that works on Catalina OS also work with Mac Big Sur OS with M1 Chip

Having upgraded from MacBook Air (Catalina OS) to Mac Book Pro M1 (Big Sur OS) the same goal seek macro results in a crash of Excel on the MacBook. Having spent all day investigating with apple and your support team it seems that there is a problem with Ver 16.45 running on the MacBook Pro (Big Sur). The same machine will run the macro on ver 15.41 but not on Ver 16.45 . However ver 16.45 running on the MacBook Air works. Please resolve as this is likely to be happening to others also. Your support team has the error…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base