Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow 'Refresh All' Functionality in the Data Tab to pull fresh data from External Sources like Windows allows

Excel on IOS currently does not support the functionality to pull data from external sources e.g Stock prices, FX Rates , table imports from the web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 365 does not appear to save AutoRecover or AutoSave files anywhere on my Mac or in the cloud..

I use a MacBook Pro and Have Office 365. Excel and Powerpoint crash fairly often and tech support found that AutoRecover and AutoSavedo not save anything anywhere. It seems to be because I don't use OneCloud for my cloud storage. I use iCloud for My Documents folder. The fact that your apps are so unstable and you don't do the right thing by helping users save their data, seems to be a short-sighted tactic to sell OneDrive. In reality you are forcing me to discontinue Office 365 and switch to Apple or Google's office apps. Very poor product management of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring filtering charts to Excel for Mac

Bring filtering charts to Excel for Mac.

I read about this feature here: https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2014/02/04/filtering-charts-in-excel/

But I couldn't find how to use them in Excel for Mac (16.12).
    I found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_mac-mso_mac2016/chart-filter/e5e49410-6ffc-499f-bdeb-e6f8a151bd4c which claims they are not supported. This would be a useful feature to bring Excel for Mac closer to Excel for Windows.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It seems that once an entry is made, it cannot be edited, except by complete replacement ?

It would be nice to be able to edit rather than replace a box

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 図形から作成の矢印の太さ設定がプリントアウトに反映されないです。

はじめまして。
    Office 2016 Mac Excel(Ver.16.16.10)使用です。
    複合機はCanon C2230Fになります。
    『挿入』→『図形』→『矢印』で矢印を使うことが多いのですが、細い矢印が印刷に反映されません。
    どのように設定すればよいでしょうか?
    モニター上の状態と、それをプリントアウトしたものの画像を添付いたします。
    太さが2pt以下はすべて同じ太さのようです。
    ご確認願います。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Character spacing issues when creating PDFs using Excel for Mac (16.16.10) When creating PDFs of charts from Excel for Mac 16.16.10, there i

see Pictures of
    1. EXCEL file : with normal spacing between characters
    2. PDF file (made out of the EXCEL file : with the inconsistent spacing between characters, which gives a unprofessional and blury image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. it will be more convenient if Excel for Mac has the same import xml function as Windows version.

it will be more convenient if Excel for Mac has the same import xml function as Windows version.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adding notes to formulas?

Formulas can get extremely messy with messy data. This is especially true when a formula is 10+ lines long. Often, re-reading a formula a few weeks later is absolutely indecipherable. Can we somehow be able to add notes to a formula, similiar to the ' in VBA?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow us the option of opening excel directly into a blank workbook. Used to be able to change this in previous versions?

Rather than make us click twice to get into a blank workbook (first the template page, then we have to click on blank workbook), we used to have the option of opening excel directly into a new blank workbook, which is what I need 100% of the time. Please bring it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I Purchased Office 2019 (one time purchase) on 24 Jan 2019 at Mac Centre Norwood (Adelaide South Australia) Apple Shop Having Problems: Ex

I Purchased Office 2019 (one time purchase) on 24 Jan 2019
    at Mac Centre Norwood (Adelaide South Australia) Apple Shop

Having Problems so for now have gone back to Office 2011 Default Excel AND VERY WORRIED THAT NEXT MACOS WILL NOT SUPPORT THAT OLD OFFICE VERSION:

Excel in Microsoft Office 2019 is slow to open - two minutes versus 8 seconds in Office 2011 if opening a saved workbook on my Mac book pro MacOS Mojave 10.14.2 by double clicking workbook file icon. Workaround seems to be opening Excel first from which the file is opened but that still takes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I Purchased Office 2019 (one time purchase) on 24 Jan 2019 at Mac Centre Norwood (Adelaide South Australia) Apple Shop Having Problems: Ex

I Purchased Office 2019 (one time purchase) on 24 Jan 2019
    at Mac Centre Norwood (Adelaide South Australia) Apple Shop

Having Problems so for now have gone back to Office 2011 Default Excel:

Excel in Microsoft Office 2019 is slow to open - two minutes versus 8 seconds in Office 2011 if opening a saved workbook on my Mac book pro MacOS Mojave 10.14.2 by double clicking workbook file icon. Workaround seems to be opening Excel first from which the file is opened but that still takes 8 seconds whereas with Office 2011 it is immediate if Excel is opened…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Zugriff freischalten

Dateien einfach freistellen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Permettere su iPad e Mac anteprima di stampa indipendentemente dall’avere una stampante collegata,

Non è possibile anteprima di stampa se non c’è una stampante collegata.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Refresh sheet button display

Frequently, on opening the workbook or after copying the sheet, buttons in the sheet are not displayed properly (or at all) without a specific zooming/dezomming which seems to refresh the screen. Problem happening on Mojave with Excel 16.24. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bring back Relative References in Macro Recording

Bring back Relative References in Macro Recording - the fact the MS has asked me for a thumbs up or down having brought this back with 16.24 amazes me. I and others have been asking for this for OVER TWO YEARS. .... NO! MS you don't get a thumbs up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. small descriptive text windows for command or control tips

Is there a way to activate a feature for small windows that display descriptive text when we rest the pointer on a command or control? this will be more efficient for Mac users as newbies to Excel

this feature is apparently available in Windows, but not Mac?

it will be more efficient, please advise

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a "Save All" option while Excel is open.

This option exists when closing Excel. But, when working on several files at once, I would like to be able to "Save All" without manually clicking through and saving every file individually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base