Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. canelones

ciudad de la costa y lomas de solymar?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable F1 key

When using a new MacBook pro (with the virtual F-Keys) it would be terrific if there was an option to eliminate or disable the F1 key. F1 results in a Help popup, which interrupts the user’s work on Excel. In many financial roles, analysts, et al, would physically remove the F1 key from their keyboard as F2 is a very common key for auditing formulas in cells.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clear recent documents

Please add this function to clear all recent documents at once.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts for Mac Excel should be there just like in Windows. Then it will be Perfect.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add PowerPivot for Macs.

I've seen this has been a complaint going back for years and it never seems to be addressed. I am quite confident that Microsoft has the resources to provide the same functions across Mac and Windows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft Excel Version 16.39 and V16.40 Still doesn't support Khmer Unicode.

I contacted Microsoft support teams many times.
    They give me to feedback and change to old version of Excel for support Khmer unicode. (V16.30)
    Please Fix it on new version.
    I try lastest version of Excel V 16.40 (download from Office.com) still doesn't support.
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customize Touch Bar

Please add the option to "Customize Touch Bar" for MacBook Pro's. It's usually found under "View" in just about any other application, but unfortunately not within Microsoft Office products.
    While Excel does have a set of standardized Touch Bar buttons, you can't change them to what you might use most often, rendering it fairly useless.
    Apple has had a Touch Bar feature since 2016 so it's not exactly a new feature. I understand that Apple is a competitor, but please put the "Customize Touch Bar" feature into your products!

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have UNIQUE() optionally ignore blanks

The new UNIQUE(), SORT() and SORTBY() functions are incredibly useful and they save a lot of time. It would be helpful though to allow UNIQUE() to optionally ignore blanks. I use UNIQUE() to build named arrays dynamically which I can use as a validation list for data validation. At the moment I have to create the list (e.g. SORT(UNIQUE(<some column in a table>)) and then created a Name using OFFSET() to ignore the blank at the start of the sorted list.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scrolling in EXCEL vba editor

EXCEL 2019 Mac:
    when working on a small screen, the scrollbar in the EXCEL vba editor is so short that using it to scroll through a large macro module is very difficult. At the same time, the response to the mouse scroll wheel is so minuscule that it is close to useless - It would be nice if at least the <page up> and <page down> keys on the keyboard were working!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Single pivot from different tables in Mac

I am unable to create create a single pivot table from 2 different tables in a mac.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please provide Power Query and Power Pivot as a regular feature for Mac

Importing data from other workbooks, using power query and then analyzing data using power pivot are the critical features needed by professionals for any data analysis. I got very disappointed after shifting to Macbook and paying of office 365 and not getting access to. these functionalities in excel. This is taking macbook users for a ride, though we are paying full for the MS office and not using it for free. I RECOMMEND EVERY MAC USER TO VOICE DISSENT FOR NOT GETTING ACCESS TO ALL FEATURES OF MS OFFICE DESPITE PAYING FULL PRICE.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. insert hyperlink to words or phrases within a cell NOT the entire cell

I'm surprised that it is impossible to add a hyperlink to a word or phrase within a cell. It would be so convenient if the hyperlink weren't related to the entire cell. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create an option to group together sheets in an excel by category

For example, a single excel for all teachers in a school could include sheets with schedules for each day of the week, responsibilities/guidelines/priorities, student directories by grade, etc. If I could group the sheets for schedules together, or student directories of all grades, that would help organize the space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create an option to group together sheets in an excel by category

For example, a single excel for all teachers in a school could include sheets with schedules for each day of the week, responsibilities/guidelines/priorities, student directories by grade, etc. If I could group the sheets for schedules together, or student directories of all grades, that would help organize the space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. speak cell feature

in speak cell feature when we select the words it only reads the words in english if it could be possible to read the words in other languages or it could convert the words in other language it would be helpful for the people to understand the words more easily,or like for exmpl-i have taken a sentence and have ON the speak cell it says in english but the same sentence i want it in hindi or other language it would be easy for the lister to understand the things more in an easier way.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add the bounds feature for graphs in the same area as found on a PC.

I'm trying to edit the x-axis of a graph but the bounds feature is not found in the same area as on a PC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Text to Columns - Check box for only one time, so I don't have to manually reset

If I use Text to Columns, with say space as delimiter. Then unless I go and manually put the delimiters back to only tabs, every paste I do, splits my data on spaces. If that is a feature that people want, (someone who needs it to always split on something other than tabs), then could you just have a checkbox or something for those of us that only want the option one time?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. recent files

Like in windows, Excel for MAC should also have the option of right click and clear all recent files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support for Engineering Number Format

Same as Scientific format, but exponent is limited to multiples of 3 to correspond with metric system Kilo, Mega, Giga

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Quick time entry formats

I use Excel for Mac and use a Magic Keyboard 2. The number pad doesn't have a colon (:) and so I often find myself needing to type in a time and then break away to type a colon with shift-;. Very inefficient."

When the cell's format is set to time, it would be nice if you could both/either use the period key (.) which is included on the number pad in place of the colon (i.e. typing "10.23" would result in 10:23:00 AM), or be able to type a string of numbers in HHMMSS format (i.e. typing "102300" would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base