Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Conditional Formatting (Blink/Flash) when value is TRUE

Hi.. Wouldn't be it great to when we apply any condition formatting to any cell or a row/column instead of having a still color we can make it flashing/blink color. This can easily allow the user to identify the records.
    Criteria for flashing/blinking
    1. Number of Blinks/Flash
    2. Recurrence Blink/Flash
    3. Customize blink or not to blink upon opening the workbook

Regards, Faraz Shaikh

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A Venn diagram that shows the circles in proportion to their data sizes.

Provide a way to create a Venn diagram so that the circle sizes approximate the different magnitudes of the data items. When they are all the same size, you can only see relationships, not the importance of them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filtering directly from the chart

Be able to filter information in the chart, similar to what exist on windows.
    Example attached(image)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. i want to be able to see who the file is shared with, even if they arent currently in the file

when others have a shared file open, i can see them in there. however if they dont have it open, i cant tell if i make changes to a document, is it a version that is shared with others, or can i use it as a working file

i want to be able to see who the file is shared with, even if they arent currently in the file

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable the creation of USERFORM in eXCEL 16 Please take this request into account and enable the functionality of creating userforms in EXCE

Enable the creation of USERFORM in eXCEL 16
    Please take this request into account and enable the functionality of creating userforms in EXCEL from VBA. It is a very important functionality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to Drag and Drop Rows/columns to re-order

I would like the ability to drag-and-drop rows and columns to re-order them. Google Sheets has this ability and I use it all the time. In excel if I want to move a row or column to re-order it, I need to use copy/paste and insert. It's a pain. If I'm viewing a list of items which I want to put into priority order, it is very difficult to do this in Excel. Whereas in Google Sheets, I can just drag and drop the rows to re-order them very easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add superscript and subscript in a chart by using comand+1

It takes years to find proper number/letter in Unicode Character Table to make superscript or subscript. It would be much easier to use comand+1 or to click it next to the main tools.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change data series order in chart legends

As of March 2020, I can change the order of data series for a chart either by using the arrow buttons in the Chart Source Data dialog or by changing the order value in data series definitions in the formula bar; but (at least for line charts) this does not alter the data series order in chart legends.

Search results for "change Excel chart legend data order" indicate the Windows version matches the legend data order to the chart data order when changed, as it should. Need to do that for the Mac version, too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. People Graph

When I have a people graph in Mac and update VBA data on Windows PC the people graph is resetted and needs to be configured again (select title, add data again).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Calculation bug in Excel for Mac 16.38 (20061401)

Floating point computation bug in subtraction. Two numbers that have two significant digits after the decimal each round perfectly. The difference does not round to two digits. (Screen shot attached in case the calculations work on other devices.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Power Pivot function on PC must ALSO be usable feature on Mac

Seems a rip-off that Mac users must pay the same price for MS Office only to be short-changed on the utility of the program. Mostly use Excel and Outlook. The latter is generally okay, but Excel lacks.

1. Control keys do not navigate properly on the Mac and/or display does not move properly, especially large files; and germain to this thread,

2. Building pivot tables on the Mac is an absolute pain in the ... while very simple on a PC. Learned (from MS support) that this is a feature called "Power Pivot" that simply is not available on the Mac. Makes…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Could you add a "Reveal in Finder" option to the File Menu?

Since you've overloaded the title in the menubar, I can no longer drag the Excel icon into another application like Mail or Slack to share the document with someone. It would be great to either make that work again, or add a "Reveal in Finder" option to the File menu so I can quickly locate the file on disk.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. no está el asistente para tablas y gráficos dinámicos

asistente para tablas y gráficos dinámicos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Try not to suck so much *** when you make programs.

My idea (I know this is radical) but have you guys ever tried maybe not sucking so much at what you do? Everything Microsoft for Mac sucks *. I can put my laptop on the floor, ** all over it, and that would be 100 times better than anything you all come up with. Maybe try that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Desktop

Provide one button or simple instructions on how to copy and save to MAC desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Include reverse grouping (columns/rows) in excel for Mac

Include reverse grouping (columns/rows) in excel for Mac same as for the windows based excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. HYPERLINK function - optional Screen Tip argument

This should be a relatively easy one: In the HYPERLINK function, please add an optional argument for assigning a Screen Tip.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. see ruler

can I view a ruler at top of page in Excel?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More template varieties

I love being able to use templates when using Microsoft applications, however, I have found that with Excel, most of them don't apply to what I am doing. I struggle having to start from scratch and have rarely found a template that worked for me. I hope to find more templates that I can use after submitting this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base