Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dividends under "stock" data tab.

For you stock add on under the data tab, you should really implement a way to include the last / current dividend amount / yield as a parameter to follow. I'm sure many many people would find this to be very useful and helpful for stocks / supplemental income tracking. I would appreciate any help I can get to make this happen... please! ; ]

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Could new STOCKHISTORY function support also historical dividend payments and split dates?

The new STOCKHISTORY is great. Could you add also query on historical dividend payments (dividend per share, and date) and split dates?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Data Validation to hold New dynamic Arrays function in Validation list

Current Scenario
    While using the dynamic arrays formula in data validation list is not returning the arrays values, we need when enter the dynamic arrays formula in a column then call the arrays using # in data validation

Requested Solution
    Allowing user to use the dynamic arrays formula in the data validation directly instead of using the helper column.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. import XML

There is not way to import and map XML data to excel for mac

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alt shortcuts for the Mac pls

Please provide Alt key equivalent shortcuts for the Mac

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When quitting Excel, Word, or PowerPoint, and then reopening them (or restarting my Mac), none of them will reopen the previously open docum

When quitting Excel, Word, or PowerPoint, and then reopening them (or restarting my Mac), none of them will reopen the previously open documents. Unchecking the option Close windows when quitting app in the General tab of Mac System Preferences, the Office 2019 for Mac doesn’t reopen the files that are previously opened either. This was never a problem before, but this new feature seriously interrupts my work flow. Please restore the functionality that made it possible for documents to automatically reopen upon restart. I hate trying to remember what I was working on and dig through stored files to reopen…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Undo/Redo (Command+Z) should be workbook dependent.

Currently : Working in two or more workbooks in separate windows share an undo history.

Idea : Workbooks should be independent and have individual edit history.

For example:

Workbook A : Data - sort - column A
    Workbook B : type "hello world"
    Workbook A : COMMAND+Z (undo) should undo the sort in workbook A.

Currently it undoes the type in Workbook B.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dark Mode as simple and easy just like outlook!

Outlook has that button to instantly switch backgrounds to match dark mode and it is extremely helpful when working at night. The bright white excel workbook makes it painful to use at night.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Many Shortcuts are not available in the Mac version

Like Excel in the Windows version, many shortcuts are not available in the Mac version.

MAC version should be more user friendly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Increase capability of STOCKHISTORY function

The STOCKHISTORY function is great for getting the price history of one stock. Three suggestions:
    1. It could offer more utility if it could get the stock history for multiple stocks, and align the values with respect to dates. For example, if I wanted monthly close values for 8 stocks over a 4-year time range, it could return an array of 9 columns (1 date and 8 stock values) and 49 rows (1 header row and 48 monthly data rows).
    2. In addition to "daily", "weekly" and "monthly", it would be nice to have interval choices of "quarterly" and "yearly". …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Microsoft Excel Version 16.39 and V16.40 Still doesn't support Khmer Unicode.

I contacted Microsoft support teams many times.
    They give me to feedback and change to old version of Excel for support Khmer unicode. (V16.30)
    Please Fix it on new version.
    I try lastest version of Excel V 16.40 (download from Office.com) still doesn't support.
    Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Should be full screen when double click to title bar same as previous version

As my title, previous version, when I double click to title bar, the window will be increased full screen. Now, it's no more, I have to drag the corner to increase the window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Power Pivot function on PC must ALSO be usable feature on Mac

Seems a rip-off that Mac users must pay the same price for MS Office only to be short-changed on the utility of the program. Mostly use Excel and Outlook. The latter is generally okay, but Excel lacks.

1. Control keys do not navigate properly on the Mac and/or display does not move properly, especially large files; and germain to this thread,

2. Building pivot tables on the Mac is an absolute pain in the ... while very simple on a PC. Learned (from MS support) that this is a feature called "Power Pivot" that simply is not available on the Mac. Makes…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Comment boxes moving far away from source cell

Hello
    I am working on a complex worksheet which I need to insert comments boxes for certain cells. When I create the cell the comment box is adjacent to the source cell. However as I add further data to the worksheet, the comment boxes move far away from the source cell. A Microsoft support staff member confirmed that this is a current limitation of Excel. He explained that the comment box is finding space where it will not be blocking information in surrounding cells. That said, there is space closer to cells where it would not be blocking text, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Name Manager

Include it please ini Excel for Mac

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. SQL ODBC for Excel Mac with M1 chip

Hello,
    It seems SQL ODBC driver is not working (or even included) in the latest version of Excel for M1 chip.
    Would you have visibility on when this feature would become available please?
    Thank you,
    vince

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base