Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize Touch Bar

Please add the option to "Customize Touch Bar" for MacBook Pro's. It's usually found under "View" in just about any other application, but unfortunately not within Microsoft Office products.
    While Excel does have a set of standardized Touch Bar buttons, you can't change them to what you might use most often, rendering it fairly useless.
    Apple has had a Touch Bar feature since 2016 so it's not exactly a new feature. I understand that Apple is a competitor, but please put the "Customize Touch Bar" feature into your products!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Control of command button colour in Excel for Mac 2011

Currently I have to use Excel for Mac 2011 as the later versions do not have the ability to create user forms. This is subject of other suggestions. But here I suggest a change is made to the 2011 version allowing the user to set the background colour properly.

The default setting is incorrect - off white. When the default for the Mac version should be RGB 170,170,170. It also should have an option to be changed for any user. The default border is non-existent and is clearly an error.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Take the time to put more guidance online!

What's really galling about excel for mac is that there's no online guidance from MS - I just wasted an hour trying to track down some basic stuff about document inspector and removing metadata before sharing (which, not surprisingly, is 5x as ******* a mac).

SO regretting switching to this product from bulletproof Google sheets.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make userform available for MacBook

I can’t create VBA since userform is not available in MacBook

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add hotkey functionality to Excel for Mac

It would be amazing if hotkey functionality was added to Mac, especially if it followed the same format as it does in Windows (instead of "Alt …, …, …" it would just be "Option …, …, …").

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Restore Customize Keyboard to equivalent functionality as in 2011

2019 has restored Tools > Customize Keyboard..., but it's quite weak compared to 2011's. First, there's no All Commands category. While there is a search, it only searches the selected category (and there's no way to select multiple categories), so you have to enter the search term then click through every category manually, which is kind of insane. Next, many, if not most of the commands have a description that's the same as the name of the command. Why bother? Finally, numerous commands are missing, even though the underlying functionality is still there. My most missed is Paste Values, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. MORE EFFORT FOR NAIVE USERS

Many Microsoft products are so crammed with new features that make it difficult for folks like us that have not site manager. New systems suddenly morf without warning. For example, I edit types by letter, but the cursor clamps onto words when I want letters. Simple thing often do not appear in the help files. It would be nice to have a "old setup" option to let us start to adapt the new versions without sudden adaptation. And this is true with other MSFT office and other products

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Simple feature is not available for Mac

The thing is so simple and the video ise explain it so good. Please Watch it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Data "Form" for excel users on Mac computers

I really miss having Data "Form" available for excel users on MAC computers. Is there any chance this can be reinstalled. I use it all the time with my spreadsheets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support Forms! This should have been done from the start. I did not see it was not in Office for Mac 2019 when compared to the subscription.

What other Windows features have you omitted to implement? Do I have to pay for this basic feature by buying O for Mac again?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel Map Chart

States are not appearing in excel map chart for India

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Excel update 16.24.0 (19071500)

Excel update 16.24.0 (19071500) repeatedly comes up as the current update, installs successfully, but weekly it pops up as the current update that needs to be installed. No Word updates have appeared since this began about a month ago.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add the support to insert files (objects) in the sheet

Please add the support to insert files (objects) in the sheet. Now if there is some object inserted the excel app does not autosave to O365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please allow magnification not only of Sheets but also of the Formula Bar

Please find a way to enlarge text not only on Sheets but also in the Formula Bar. For we older peeps it can be very, very hard to squint at teeny weeny text…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please supply us with a contact phone number for 365 for MAC EASILY found!

Please supply us with a contact phone number for 365 for MAC EASILY found! I had to literally dig for a while and still don't know if they know anything about 365 with a MAC. Your help features on line are only for Excel 2016. That does NOT help me with a MAC 365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. SRS.EXCEL

SRS. EXCEL.:
    yo no trabajo con formulas en las celdas.
    lo que pasa es que dentro de las celdas uso codigos propios de mi rutina cotidiana en lo que se refiere a control de mis colmenas de abejas.
    gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MAC Developer Tab > Export to XML

Please add EXPORT to XML feature to the Develop Tab for MAC. It appears to only be available for PC.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Recent Files

Behaviour of "recent files" appears to have changed dramatically with the latest release. The list is empty since the update, and the "Recent Files" Windows refers to a login, but provides no mechanism for login. You are mucking around with the workflow of your users. Why would you make these changes?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The latest excel for mac version took away the option in the insert tab to "Insert Comment". I phoned microsoft support and spoke with one

The latest excel for mac version took away the option in the insert tab to Insert Comment. I spoke with two microsoft support technicians and after they did a very diligent job of trying to find the Insert Comment option in the tool bar, the last technician advised me to report the problem to this site. I do not use a mouse so that option is not available to me. Please add the Insert Comment option back to the Insert tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base