Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Formula Evaluation (Auditing) doesn't exist for Mac?

I know, I know...Mac Users are different, but it doesn't mean they can't benefit from clear insights to their Formulas.

Alt+T, U, F in Excel for Windows gives a step-through window for evaluating a given formula. This isn't an option on Excel for Mac. Is there any work being done to enable it? Just wondering also why such basic functions for maintaining workbooks wouldn't be available across platforms.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks.

BPC.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. improve the filter function in excel for Mac - make it work the same as with excel for PC

improve the filter function in excel for Mac - make it work the same as with excel for PC

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Including a time-or datestamp on templates for reports

To insert a time or a date, we can either use the stamp function (e.g. ctrl+;) or use the formula (=TODAY). I would like to have the use of a timestamp inside a template, so that when we create a new sheet from that template, the fixed date appears, i.e. as a datestamp. I haven't found how to do this using help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Temporary variables in formulas

It would be amazing if you could implement a function that allows you to set a temporary variable to use within a formula! Something like the syntax used in OpenRefine's "with()" control (borrowing their syntax for my example - link to their wiki below).

Syntax:
    WITH( [Function A], [Variable Name: string], [Function B] )

[Function A] would get evaluated first, and then the result could be referenced within [Function B] using the [Variable Name] string (essentially as if it was a named range). With this you can reuse a value in a formula multiple times without needing to repeat the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. WeekNum - let it work with a Array like Month() does

We can use '=SUMPRODUCT( (MONTH(A1:A10)=MONTH(TODAY()) )* (B1:B10) )' to get a result from dates.

However
    '=SUMPRODUCT( (WEEKNUM(A1:A10)=WEEKNUM(TODAY()) )* (B1:B10) )
    does not, because WEEKNUM can't handle an array or range.

Please give us a WEEKNUM that handles Array and ranges

Thank you.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Find

Why after so many years of people requesting that Find All button be added to the Find dialog box in Mac Excel version it's still not there? How difficult is it just to add a button?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sheet numbers change as you drag the formulae down

Can there please be the ability to drag the below function down the column and the sheet number changes automatically only. The '$' sign fixes the cell but I need the ability for the sheet number to change automatically in numerical order as I have over 200 rows and 25 columns to change manually!!

='18'!$B$3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please don't bar people from using all functions on Office Home & Student 2016 for Mac

As a student, I have purchased a lifetime license for Microsoft products. It seems ridiculous that I am barred from using functions such as "MAXif". Why can't all functions be made available? I am sure NO company will get rich making extra $ from students in this manner. This is so sad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In Office 2011 for Mac in the pulldown File menu under Recent the user has the option to Clear Recent. This option does not exist in Office

In Office 2011 for Mac in the pulldown File menu the user had the option to Clear Recent. This option is missing in Office 2016. It was a useful feature. You should put it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. DON'T MAKE A CHANGE THAT PUTS MORE "STUFF" IN WHAT USED TO BE A VERY SIMPLE AND RELIAABLE METHOD!

DON'T MAKE A CHANGE THAT PUTS MORE "STUFF" DO DO IN WHAT USED TO BE A VERY SIMPLE AND RELIABLE METHOD. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU MAKE A VERY SIMPLE SYSTEM THAT WORKED SO MUCH MORE CUMBERSOME?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Excel: UserForm option should be returned in Excel.

The UserForm command is not available in Office 365 (Excel). I need it!!
    Especially as user interface to fill in data in large Excelsheets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. phonetic関数が途中までしか反映されず、後半が化けてしまう。改善してほしい。

windowsでは正しく反映されるが、マックでは反映されずストレスを感じる。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Rounding issue with Excel and dollar values

Current Issue just discovered talking to MS Excel Support to see if there is a work around or if someone is solving this error.

Issue is that when you place values in a cell and do a =ROUND function to format a currency value it rounds down not up. i.e. Summing to Cells and trying to find tax for the two values return in correct value.
    =ROUND ($33.165, 2), returns 33.16 and not 33.17. This is a major show stopper for financial calculations and worksheets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why is there no Menu item or Ribbon button for toggling between relative and absolute?

Yesterday, I spent a good 2 hours trying to change a table's references from relative to absolute. I couldn't find any Menu item or Ribbon button to perform this action, so had to resort to Google.

That lead me to the support.office.com page for Mac keyboard shortcuts (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Keyboard-shortcuts-in-Excel-for-Mac-acf5419e-1f87-444d-962f-4e951a658ccd), which told me that I could use CMD+T (which creates a table) or F4 (which is a Redo shortcut).

So I called 365 support, where I hand to help the agent understand how to use several aspects of Excel (nothing is more frustrating than talking to an "expert" who knows…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Parse

I’d like to see a “parse” function that can easily separate out strings in cells and pull just one element instead of doing multiple mid() and find() functions. e.g. =PARSE(“Gift card from Company for $200”,4) would return “Company” or ,6 would return $200 etc. Maybe an optional parameter to specify the separators (sometimes it’s hyphens, sometimes spaces, sometimes bars etc). Another optional would be how many words to pull starting at word x, e.g. =PARSE(“This has useful data about product”,3,2) would return “useful data”

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adding notes to formulas?

Formulas can get extremely messy with messy data. This is especially true when a formula is 10+ lines long. Often, re-reading a formula a few weeks later is absolutely indecipherable. Can we somehow be able to add notes to a formula, similiar to the ' in VBA?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. make same function excel for mac and window users

Please make same function excel for mac and window users so that we could be easy to use and command or shortcut key also be same.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can the weight of the grid lines be change

Can the weight of the grid lines be chance? the weight of the grid lines make them lighter than the input in the cells

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Name Manager Mac = Name Manager Windows

Where has the Name Manager for Mac (Excel 2016) gone? I have imported work done earlier on a Windows platform and now need to work with the named ranges...but cannot find a way to access the Name Manager. The suggestion I find on the web to push command +fn + F3 does not work.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base