Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel 16.30 for Mac has a bug that inhibits the printing of comments at the end of the sheet

Comments can be seen on screen as show comments or if print as displayed is selected then they print but overlay the spreadsheet. the option to print at end of sheet is available in the page set up but if selected the comments are not shown in print preview and do not print.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Data Validation List able to work with Array Constants

Please make the Data Validation List feature work with array constants.
    Like to be able to define a named Array Constant and use that in a Validation List. After all they are both lists and the Data Validation list works with a classic Named Array.

Requirement scenario is to share a workbook across organisations and ensure consistent data entry or option selection without VBA, as VBA is often stripped/blocked at organisational boundaries. This would be a very simple and straightforward solution improving user experience and organisational efficiency.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Conditional Formatting

When rows are inserted into a worksheet with conditional formatting, the cell (or range) references in the conditional formatting change. Fix the system so that the insertion of a row or column into an area covered by conditional formatting adopts the format (this part may already be the case) AND the formatting cell range reference in the Conditional Formatting dialog box does not get fragmented addresses; the range stays the same.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Customized asset management - Gestion tailles personnalisées

I sometimes use Excel documents with a special layout (for example: width 1000 mm x height 100 mm). With Excel 2011, there was no problem. the standard procedure of setting the paper size ("manage custom sizes ...") from the print window allowed to get Pdf files with the correct layout.
    With Excel 2019 (version 16.31 on macOS Catalina 10.15.1), custom size management does not work properly. The situation is abnormal and needs to be addressed.

J'utilise parfois des documents Excel dont la mise en page est spéciale (par exemple : largeur 1000 mm x hauteur 100 mm). Avec Excel 2011,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Protecting workbook from being opened

It is preposterous that there is no mechanism to protect (all the sheets) in a workbook from being opened with one command. This is massive feature weakness.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When will Excel for Mac bring back the shortcut for align right Command R?

I was just reading complaints about this from 2017. Now we're at the end of 2019 and it's still not there, unless I'm missing something.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Repetitiveness in the process of a Time Trial Worksheet.

I'm making a document for data consisting of time trials. However when Adding the time trials together, it has to be in a certain conditional format. And its inconvenient, repetitive, and time-wasting to put multiple 0s for everything to find averages, and sums of my time trails. ex. 0:04:32

I feel this may be a quick fix. Would appreciate the effort.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide a CHANGE CASE button in the Excel tool bar (upper, lower,regular ...) like the one in Word

Many of us use Excel not only to calculate but also to present tables and graphs. It would be VERY helpful if you could provide a CHANGE CASE button for the tool bar (and/or the Cell formatting menu). This feature existed for Mac in the pat (pre 2013) but has disappeared. It is VERY annoying. PLEASE PUT IT BACK!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. QuickKeys to Collapse/Expand Row- and Column-Groups

Regarding the Grouping of rows and columns, there are Quick Keys to
    - Group Rows (Cmd-Shift K)
    - Ungroup Rows (Cmd-Shift J)
    - Hide/Unhide the "+" / "-" symbols (Cmd-8)

But not:
    - Collapse Group
    - Expand Group

If this can't be done with a Quick Key, could you at least publish a VBA command I could use in a Macro?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. what if we added a choice to transfer sheets from bottom to left side instead of column A?

what if we can add a choice for users to transfer sheets from bottom to left side instead of column A?
    as excel user, I start using first sheet, then second one then third one then I find myself using high NO of sheets which makes finding specific sheet boring and frustrating. and if we have high NO of sheets, it will be harder even if I name the sheets

but what if we had the ability to transfer all sheets from bottom to left side from top as they fill all column A and column A starts the next…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Gradient feature for Excel for 2019 version

The gradient feature for Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add Note function to Office 2019 Home or Student.

I need to be able to insert images (jpg or png) into a comment, and with the newer change of how comments and notes function, I am unable to do this when only having the comment option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cell formats in Excel for Mac

When modifying the format of a cell in Excel for MAC, one should be able to either save a custom format (currently it disappears when you shut Excel) or edit a default style or add a style to the drop down list. I have a date format I like and have to re-create if every time I want to apply it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When creating forms, I'd like to be able to rearrange my questions instead of deletng them and recreating it again later.

In Google forms, questions can be rearranged after you've created them. I can't do this in Office forms. Please add that feature. It is too cumbersome to have to delete the question(s) and rewrite them if you need to reorder the questions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. activate the metric ruler

Past excel programs, I've spent hours formatting precise guidelines for my calligraphy students in millimeters. But under this new Excel, I've lost all of that work. It has shifted the file into some unnamed unit, even though I've changed it to millimeters in my Preferences. Very frustrated that my previous formatting has been lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow open type fonts - switching from proportional to tabular number format

A number of user installed open type fonts have optional number spacing formats. It seems most however have proportional number spacing selected by default. This looks great in body text and other MS applications, but does not work well for Excel tables. Please look into providing an option to switch the default number spacing of open type fonts to tabular or monospaced. (I'm using Excel 2019 for Mac.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In the recent update to excel 2019, the feature to format cells using find and replace has been removed. Please bring this back!

In the recent update to excel 2019, the feature to format cells using find and replace has been removed. Please bring this function back!!! If you have a list of thousands of numbers and you need to search out a specific number then you could replace the cell format with a background color to highlight the cell. Basically you could highlight all cells that contained the number you were "finding." Now this isn't possible and I have to sort throug thousands of numbers using the find next and getting out of the function, then highlighting, then moving on to the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Correct border changes

When I change existing border settings in cells, rows, or columns the new setting is ignored, and instead, the previous settings are even removed.
    I am using Office 2019.
    Before when I made changes to border setting, for example replacing a thinner with a thicker line, I just had to select the new line style, click the border I wanted to change and the new line style was set.
    Now, when I do the same, the new line style is displayed right after clicking the border I want to change, but when ok'ing back to the form, the border line…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keep lines when filling cells with color

Make it so lines between cells don't disappear when you add fill. Having the lines gone makes it hard to read across the sheet horizontally.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base