Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Drag and Drop Rows/columns to re-order

I would like the ability to drag-and-drop rows and columns to re-order them. Google Sheets has this ability and I use it all the time. In excel if I want to move a row or column to re-order it, I need to use copy/paste and insert. It's a pain. If I'm viewing a list of items which I want to put into priority order, it is very difficult to do this in Excel. Whereas in Google Sheets, I can just drag and drop the rows to re-order them very easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include custom filter for pivot table

When filtering the pivot tables or excel tables, we the Mac users aren't allowed to use custom filter and that can be frustrating when we need to filter out names from A to N, but as the row is categorised as "Texts", we do not get to use filters like "Greater than or equals to" which is only for "Numbers" category. Need this to be included soon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Exists in Windows not in Mac, very usefull when an item is selected, pressing the space bar will check/uncheck the check box.

This is the behavior which is not in Mac or does not have an alternative, the only way is using the mouse click.
    Working with filters, when the filter is applied to a column and the drop down menu is active,
    When an item is selected, pressing the space bar will check/uncheck the check box.  Then press Enter to apply the filter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve Filtered Columns

On a table that's filtered, when you hit the little filter drop down arrow the cursor should immediately go to the search box in the drop down, rather than having to click it again. As you've just hit the dropdown you obviously want to filter and as that's the only field you can type in while filtering it should go there automatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Comma Separation Option for Text String Values in Single Cell

I have an .xlsx containing the titles of a bunch of books I'm using for a project with columns for things like the Title, Author, Year Published, etc. One of those columns is a "Keyword" column for classifying the book: e.g. novel, science fiction, anti-hero, etc. Each book has an entry containing multiple keywords, separated by commas.

What I would like to be able to do is set up a filter for the entire sheet so that I can quickly pull up books tagged with a particular keyword. Unfortunately, Excel treats the text in the cell as a single value,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excel 16.37 not sorting numbers properly

I get this when sorting numbers from lowest to highest

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to be able to sort my sheets/tabs in alphabetical order within one worksheet.

Create a one-click option to sort tabs/sheets within one workbook the same way you can sort data within your worksheet cells.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Aggregation by color in a table

In a filter view for a columnn add an aggregate function like SUM, COUNT which automatically aggregates by color like Filter does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Is there a way to Zoom to the Print Area for the width and/or height?

Is there a way to Zoom to the set Print Area for the width and/or height?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Is there a way to Zoom to the Print Area for the width and/or height?

Is there a way to Zoom to the set Print Area for the width and/or height?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable Table Sort on Locked Worksheet

Hi. I have a table that is populating from data input one another worksheet. I want to "Lock" the auto populating sheet to prevent users from breaking the formulas, but I need users to be able to "Sort" the data table in date order "newest to oldest". Even when I enable "Sort" on the protection sheet I am unable to sort. I receive an error (see attached pics). From what I can gather I should be able to do this be enabling "Sort" when protecting the sheet but I cannot get it to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks, …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Speed up the filter function on Excel for MacOs to work the same as the Windows version

Filtering is infuriatinly slow---the filter changes the display as I update the selection, but takes a huge amount of time to do so.

On the Windows version, the display dews;'t change until the filter dialogue box is complete, and the action is completed faster.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Increase number of rows that can be filtered to more than 100,000

Increase number of rows that can be filtered to more than 100,000. 10,000 is way too small when we deal with our data base. Is there maybe a way to increase this manually ?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stocks

This looks like a great product. I would not mind being involved in further developing this function in excel.

You can call me at (914) 354 - 4507 or email at marionoel@mnmcapitalllc.com.

Can you please add the following filters? or column selection.

o ADTV 90 Days - Average Daily Trading Volume 90 Days
    o ADTV 10 Days - Average Daily Trading Volume 10 Days
    o CEO Name
    o CFO Name
    o President Name
    o Company Website Link URL
    o Enterprise Value
    o Revenue
    o EBITDA
    o Assets
    o Cash
    o Accounts Receivables
    o Inventory
    o PPE - Net Property…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Did you just kill a whole bunch of table formatting controls???

Did you just kill a whole bunch of table formatting controls or is there a bug? If the former bring it back. What were you thinking. If the latter, though it seems unlikely, please fix. I used the legacy controls constantly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base