Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add Power Pivot to Excel on Mac !!!!!

Please add Power Pivot to Excel on Mac! Excel is just **** without Power Pivot

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Power Pivot function on PC must ALSO be usable feature on Mac

Seems a rip-off that Mac users must pay the same price for MS Office only to be short-changed on the utility of the program. Mostly use Excel and Outlook. The latter is generally okay, but Excel lacks.

1. Control keys do not navigate properly on the Mac and/or display does not move properly, especially large files; and germain to this thread,

2. Building pivot tables on the Mac is an absolute pain in the ... while very simple on a PC. Learned (from MS support) that this is a feature called "Power Pivot" that simply is not available on the Mac. Makes…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Single pivot from different tables in Mac

I am unable to create create a single pivot table from 2 different tables in a mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pivot totals cannot be formatted independent of data columns

Pivot tables in Mac don't allow for total columns to be edited independently of the fields listed. I would like to summarise by average whilst maintaining the sum function in the columns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sort Pivot Tables by more than one variable

Allow a secondary sort on pivot tables if multiple values are the same. Currently, I have to calculate another variable to manually allow this feature.

Ex: the total # of sales is equal for multiple salesmen, the program should default to sorting by another field of my choice (ex: Total value of sales)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Intégrer le ODBC dans excel pour mac

J'ai besoin d'un information sur le ODBC pour mac. Comment intégrer le ODBC directement dans excel pour bénéficier de power query ?La procédure reste très complique pour des personnes non initiées.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Summarise values in calculated field

The option to summarize values for a calculated field is greyed out in Excel for Mac

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pivot Table tabular form for specific rows

In Windows, you can format specific rows to either compact or tabular form without going classic. I want to be able to do that for Mac as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When you will have Pivot Table relationships work in a Mac?

Why excel mac is diferente from excel windows?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pivot Table source range independent lines

I have a journal of expenses chronologically ordered over the past years in one EXCEL sheet.
    TO analyse them year by year, I need to insert Headers on every January first.
    Can't EXCEL offer a possibility to select independent lines from the same source sheet to build a PivotTable of part of the data only?
    E.g. while the PivotTable Headerline remains in line 1, I would ask you to allow to chose lines 1000 to 1500 as source to built a partial PivotTable out of the entire source sheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. office 365

Make power query and power pivot available for excel macOS.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow generation of pivot table from multiple sheets

Be able to create a pivot table from multiple sheets

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add PowerPivot to Mac excel

is it possible to open an existing Windows Power Pivot Excel on Mac?

I have already created a Power Pivot Excel report on Excel 2013.
    Now i want to use that report on mac.Is there any way to do so?

3,380 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

753 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Named Ranges Can't be Data Sources?

I can't believe the mac version has this massive bug. You can only use hard-coded, specific ranges for a data source. The Windows version of Excel has no problem letting you use a named range for a Data Source. I noticed this affects pivot tables, charts and graphs. No named ranges allowed for data sources. Ridiculous.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable (or re-enable?) pivot table drill down

We're being asked to look into why Mac users can no longer double click into a pivot table to bring up a new tab with the relevant records attached. I've now had this from at least 2 people saying it used to work but a recent update (at least a month ago) has stopped it. I wasn't aware of this before it was reported so I don't know if it used to work or not. It's how our managers get their management accounts and so this is quite important. We're having to work around it with remote desktop services but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unable to create a Pivot table from multiple tables in Excel for Mac - seriously???

Create a pivot table from multiple tables (feature appears to be missing from Excel for Mac!)

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. We need a manual sort option for Excel for Mac - where we can use a list

I find pivot tables are sometime a problem if I cannot sort the column headings properly or via a special list!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make Distinct Count available in value field settings for Pivot Tables in MAC

make Distinct Count available in value field settings for Pivot Tables in MAC

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pivot Table - Add the option to "include new items in manual filters"

Include the option to add new items in manual filters (same as the one that exists in the windows version)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base