Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add PowerPivot to Mac excel

is it possible to open an existing Windows Power Pivot Excel on Mac?

I have already created a Power Pivot Excel report on Excel 2013.
    Now i want to use that report on mac.Is there any way to do so?

2,268 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

505 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Power Pivot to Mac Excel

Add Power Pivot to Mac excel

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide all the options that are available to Windows users

MAC users are severely limited with what they can do in Excel compared to Windows users. I am doing an Excel course and creating a Pivot Chart is not an option for me nor do I have the option to create a PowerPivot as my classmates who use Windows PCs. All that needs to be done is to make things comparable. What you do for one- Windows PC users, you do for the other- Mac users. Level the playing field so to speak.

It's not only about Pivot Tables. All Mac Excel applications and features need to be updated and…

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring VBA on Excel for Mac to parity with Excel for Windows

Bring VBA on Excel for Mac to parity with Excel for Windows.
    Currently, there are too many missing VBA elements missing. It is a major problem for those of us with mixed environments. Many things that worked under Excel 2011 no longer work in 2016.

Why is the not being addressed?

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Excel for Mac should have the new Stocks functionalty

It would be great if Excel for Mac (Insiders) is able to have the new Stocks functionality currently used by Excel for PC (Insiders)

This functonality is described in https://support.office.com/en-us/article/get-a-stock-quote-e5af3212-e024-4d4c-bea0-623cf07fbc54

In respect of this particular capability, it would bring Excel for Mac more in line with Apple Numbers which currently offers something similar.

Thank you for considering this addition.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix ability to open XML files

Up until Dec 2018 I was able to open an XML file directly in Mac Excel. Last week in Dec and still now I get this message: The file you are trying to open is not a valid Excel XML Spreadsheet.
    I am currently at Mac Excel version 16.20 (181208)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Power Pivot to it.

Add Power Pivot to Mac for Excel.
    I would be willing to pay an additional fee for it.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. WeekNum - let it work with a Array like Month() does

We can use '=SUMPRODUCT( (MONTH(A1:A10)=MONTH(TODAY()) )* (B1:B10) )' to get a result from dates.

However
    '=SUMPRODUCT( (WEEKNUM(A1:A10)=WEEKNUM(TODAY()) )* (B1:B10) )
    does not, because WEEKNUM can't handle an array or range.

Please give us a WEEKNUM that handles Array and ranges

Thank you.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug: Print sets page layout to the same across all worksheets on Excel for Mac

To reproduce the issue, setup two sheets with different page layout (e.g. fit to pages, orientation etc). Select both and press print, then press cancel. Both sheets will now have the same print layout. This seems like a bug because:

- This is not expected behaviour as it directly contradicts the documentation for Excel for Mac (see link below)
    - Pressing print shouldn't change the design of the spreadsheet and destroy painstakingly setup per-sheet page layout settings that take a long time to fix after this bug has paved over them
    - The Windows version does not have this problem …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. EXCEL For Mac needs a XML import data

There is not way to import and map XML data to excel for mac,

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. what if we added a choice to transfer sheets from bottom to left side instead of column A?

what if we can add a choice for users to transfer sheets from bottom to left side instead of column A?
    as excel user, I start using first sheet, then second one then third one then I find myself using high NO of sheets which makes finding specific sheet boring and frustrating. and if we have high NO of sheets, it will be harder even if I name the sheets

but what if we had the ability to transfer all sheets from bottom to left side from top as they fill all column A and column A starts the next…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Distinct Count available in value field settings for Pivot Tables in MAC, just like Windows

Make Distinct Count available in value field settings for Pivot Tables in MAC, just like Windows

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support Forms! This should have been done from the start. I did not see it was not in Office for Mac 2019 when compared to the subscription.

What other Windows features have you omitted to implement? Do I have to pay for this basic feature by buying O for Mac again?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, fix your problem with MAC Excel's ability to open https hyperlinks!!!!

I swear if I read "cannot open the internet server or proxy server" ONE MORE TIME I WILL THROW THIS COMPUTER THROUGH THE WINDOW. The addresses have been verified by a third party certifier. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOMETHING SO SIMPLE CONTINUES TO BE A PROBLEM!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support Internet Query Connection (.iqy files)

It would be helpful for Excel to Mac to support internet query connections.

When exporting a list from Sharepoint, the .iqy file is downloaded, which I subsequently can't open in Excel for Mac.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Embed images in cells

Users should have the ability to embed and image into a cell, so that when you sort data alphabetically, the image moves with its respective column. If google sheets can do this, so can Excel. The "move and size with cells" as well as "move but don't size with cells" options do nothing to help when alphabetizing other data in the same row.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cell formats in Excel for Mac

When modifying the format of a cell in Excel for MAC, one should be able to either save a custom format (currently it disappears when you shut Excel) or edit a default style or add a style to the drop down list. I have a date format I like and have to re-create if every time I want to apply it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix copy & paste bug when Handoff (Universal Clipboard) is enabled

When Handoff is enabled (which also enables Universal Clipboard) and you are signed in to iCloud on your Mac and a nearby iPhone or iPad, Excel will freeze when you try to copy any cell. The spinning beachball will appear for 3-4 seconds and you can't do anything while this is happening. The bug also affects Word. This happens even on a Clean Installed system so it is not a 3rd party conflict.

I've posted more details and a video of this happening on the Microsoft Community Forums:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/copy-cmdc-causes-spinning-beach-ball-delay-for-3-4/36e2e400-59c7-471b-b7d6-b5d5082a545a

I've tried to report this bug but it seems impossible to…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 66 67
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base