Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Desperately need to make Excel for Mac the same as Windows version

Taking business classes that require me to bring my laptop to class and use my own computer to do assignments. It's inconvenient that I have to use public computers or buy a Windows computer simply to do homework. If you truly valued your customers, Mac and Excel need to be as compatible as it is on the Windows operating system.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ADD creating & edditing UserForm in Excel VBA for MAC

it is not possible to creating or editing UserForm in Excel VBA for Mac.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Excel Data Model for Mac users

Allow mac users to work with Excel Data model.

Now it is only avaiable for PC users.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Formula Evaluation (Auditing) doesn't exist for Mac?

I know, I know...Mac Users are different, but it doesn't mean they can't benefit from clear insights to their Formulas.

Alt+T, U, F in Excel for Windows gives a step-through window for evaluating a given formula. This isn't an option on Excel for Mac. Is there any work being done to enable it? Just wondering also why such basic functions for maintaining workbooks wouldn't be available across platforms.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks.

BPC.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. add excel form on Mac

pls. add data entry form in excel in Mac asap.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. import XML

There is not way to import and map XML data to excel for mac

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make all functions and tools available for both Mac and Windows OPS.

Why can't all the same tools be accessed on different operating systems? I don't get it I am in college and this is a constant problem. Not everyone using this program has Windows as their operating system. Why even offer it to download on other operating systems if all the tools won't be accessible. Today, I was trying to use the forecast sheet function and that is not available on my Mac, yet all the other forecast functions to make formulas are there. It just doesn't make sense.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Data Validation to hold New dynamic Arrays function in Validation list

Current Scenario
    While using the dynamic arrays formula in data validation list is not returning the arrays values, we need when enter the dynamic arrays formula in a column then call the arrays using # in data validation

Requested Solution
    Allowing user to use the dynamic arrays formula in the data validation directly instead of using the helper column.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have UNIQUE() optionally ignore blanks

The new UNIQUE(), SORT() and SORTBY() functions are incredibly useful and they save a lot of time. It would be helpful though to allow UNIQUE() to optionally ignore blanks. I use UNIQUE() to build named arrays dynamically which I can use as a validation list for data validation. At the moment I have to create the list (e.g. SORT(UNIQUE(<some column in a table>)) and then created a Name using OFFSET() to ignore the blank at the start of the sorted list.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create equal functionality for Mac users such as Power Query.

Allow Mac users to access all add-ins such as Power Query. We are paying the same price but getting inferior service.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Refresh a power query

Allow Mac users to refresh a Power Query that gets files from a folder (and was created with windows).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. speak cell feature

in speak cell feature when we select the words it only reads the words in english if it could be possible to read the words in other languages or it could convert the words in other language it would be helpful for the people to understand the words more easily,or like for exmpl-i have taken a sentence and have ON the speak cell it says in english but the same sentence i want it in hindi or other language it would be easy for the lister to understand the things more in an easier way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Is anyone having issues running Excel Office 2019 with Mac OS Catalina 10.15? Mine just quits every time

Is anyone having issues running Excel 2019 with Mac OS Catalina 10.15? Mine just quits every time whether opening an existing doc or creating a new one. It worked perfectly with Mojave.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make userform available for MacBook

I can’t create VBA since userform is not available in MacBook

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Chapter Creation

Chapter Creation

Select a group of spreadsheets and form with them a kind of chapter, with the same color as the guide. So when you click on a chapter all spreadsheets are available for viewing (as is current Excel) and those that don't belong are collapsed (hidden) within your chapter. In the attached file only the yellow tabs would appear and below them the chapter names. When you clicked on the Green chapter the green tabs would be displayed and the others hidden. It's a way of working with multiple linked documents within Excel with a clearer view of spreadsheets…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Conditional Formatting (Blink/Flash) when value is TRUE

Hi.. Wouldn't be it great to when we apply any condition formatting to any cell or a row/column instead of having a still color we can make it flashing/blink color. This can easily allow the user to identify the records.
    Criteria for flashing/blinking
    1. Number of Blinks/Flash
    2. Recurrence Blink/Flash
    3. Customize blink or not to blink upon opening the workbook

Regards, Faraz Shaikh

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Customize Touch Bar

Please add the option to "Customize Touch Bar" for MacBook Pro's. It's usually found under "View" in just about any other application, but unfortunately not within Microsoft Office products.
    While Excel does have a set of standardized Touch Bar buttons, you can't change them to what you might use most often, rendering it fairly useless.
    Apple has had a Touch Bar feature since 2016 so it's not exactly a new feature. I understand that Apple is a competitor, but please put the "Customize Touch Bar" feature into your products!

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "linked picture"

One of the most exciting features in Office 365 is Linked pictures and the opportunity to dropdowns with images via named ranges to create interactive content. It is a game changer in terms of being able to hold people's attention.

This works perfectly on Windows 10, but on the Mac, the Linked pictures (png or PDF) are scaled ~ 4x beyond the cell border and fuzzy. I reported this bug in July through feedback within Excel. I reported this bug 3x in 2019 to no avail. It is still not fixed. Ironically, linked pictures of text content are scaled correctly.…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 53 54
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base