Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make quick access toolbar for Mac. same as in Windows, colored icons and option to move the QAT below the ribbon

Make quick acces toolbar for Mac. same as in Windows, colored end option tu use bellow the ribbon

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't use Myanmar Unicode, Pyidaungsu Font on Mac's Excel

In word and powerpoint of excel, we can use the font easily. But in excel the font is always misplace.

Please find the solution for that.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting about this issue. It would be very helpful if you would provide more information and screen shots to show how the words appear in Word and PowerPoint so that we can see the difference in Excel.

Also, if you could provide a small example of the keystrokes that are used to enter one of the words on a US English keyboard (set to Myanmar or Myanmar QWERTY), it will be very helpful.

3. Option to disable the Financial Market Disclaimer and the Linked Data Type Security Warning

Please create the option to disable the Financial Market Disclaimer and the Linked Data Type Security Warning. They are annoying and they show every time I open the spreadsheet.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gradient Cell for Excel Mac

To have compatibility for Windows & Mac suggested to have gradient fill for Excel Mac as well.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Autosave to work with iCloud. (Not everyone has OneDrive!)

Please can you enable Autosave to work with the Mac's Cloud solution, iCloud. Although I personally use OneDrive, I don't want my excel files saved there. I have them all saved on iCloud or locally on my HD. Users should be able to select which cloud service they wish to use for Autosaving. (including other wider providers).

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. powerquery

Set up PowerPivot for Excel for Mac

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Microsoft Excel for Mac EXACTLY THE SAME as Microsoft Excel for PC.

If Mac subscribers of Office 365 are getting less features and PC subscribers, prorate the Mac annual subscription accordingly. If not, MAKE BOTH VERSIONS OF EXCEL HAVE THE SAME MENU FEATURES!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Excel and MAC OS seem to have problem with Khmer font.

Khmer font seem to have problem on MAC Excel, which need microsoft team to fix it.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Changes to VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP

I suggest 2 changes in Vlookup/Hlookup:

A. VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP functions user can only search for the lookup value in the first column/row, and the result column/row is always after (right/bleow) the lookup column/row.
    I suggest to make it more flexible by letting the user decide which column to search in and which columns to retrieve the value from.

B. Sometimes user need to drag lookup function to several columns and needs the column index to be incremented, for example to be 3 in the first column, the second column to be 4 and so on, I suggest to add new parameter…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve performance on Mac version of Excel

I have a cheap company-issued Dell laptop. My Mac is a Core i7 with 16gb of RAM and yet Excel (and all Office apps) run so, so much better on the Dell. I get that Microsoft makes Windows so of course that's going to be their priority, but the Mac apps are just poorly coded. There's no reason for them to be as sluggish as they are. I will be switching to a Mac for work soon, and I'm really disappointed that my Excel performance is going to drop so significantly.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Many Shortcuts are not available in the Mac version

Like Excel in the Windows version, many shortcuts are not available in the Mac version.

MAC version should be more user friendly.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Need a way to turn off a recurring disclaimer after it presents itself a few times

I've started using the Stocks data types and now all workbooks that have them get the disclaimer banner on each sheet every time I open it up. After seeing it a few times, the user needs to have a way to turn it off. Otherwise , it just an annoyance. Thank you.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Name Manager

Include it please ini Excel for Mac

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Save As... Location

To have a different version of a file I used to open it, edit it, then Save As... rename hit enter, but I'm very surprised that it is not saving it in the same location of the first vesrion, instead it is saving it in the last used folder of saving.

please I need it to remember the current location of the current file, and when Save As... is used it should save it in the same location of the current file.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Full functionality with Excel for iPad

I'd like to see the full version of Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for iPad. The mobile version doesn't cut it, and I have to switch back to my Mac. The iPad Pro's more than capable of handling the full software.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When are you going to add power pivot to Mac Excel.

When are Mac users going to get POWER PIVOT on Mac Excel, feeling a little cheated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. darkmode in the excel cells for mac

The title says it all. It should already exist a dark mode that allows the cells to turn dark as well, not only the editing options.

Ps: forcing me to opt-in of something just to post it... when you explicitly say that I can opt-out is a bad bad UX practice

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Grouping

When grouping rows or columns, it would be nice if the +/- sign (to un-/hide them) would be at the beginning and not at the end of the selected rows (columns)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. STOCKHISTORY

For days when prices are not available such as hols - instead of a n/a please use 0. Whilst trying to do an average of stock history prices is there is a n/a int eh column no formulas work as there is a n/a in a cell

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change the vlookup formula to have a default value if the formula returns an error

I have to wrap my vlookups in an IF statement to check for the result being ISNA. Would be amazingly helpfuly if it could take another input patameter to default on any error condition (e.g. 0 or space are ones that I would use most often).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 92 93
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base