Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Double clicking a cell with a formula to view the cells in use

When I double click a cell with a formula in it in order to view which cells i've use in the formula, there is major lag in the highlighting of these cells if you must scroll horizontally to view them. I scroll several columns out of view to see the cells in use and I have to wait for SECONDS before the highlights appear. If you scroll around at all after the highlights appear, they disappear. This is extremely frustrating and wasn't a problem in the old version. This was instantaneous. Please let me know if this is a setting…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to do Save As to OneDrive Folder and Local Directory At the Same Time (Excel)

I notice that it is necessary to do two save as functions of an Excel workbook document if I want to have a current copy both in my OneDrive folder and local directory or drive on my Mac. At the moment I have do a save as of a workbook to my OneDrive folder then do a second save as of the same workbook to a local directory or drive.

Important suggestion is for the developers to urgently consider writing an option of allowing the saving of files into the two locations at the same time, without having to so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Number of calculations

What I would like is for Excel to be able to summarise how many calculations it has done in a spreadsheet and how many cells are linked or use functions like lookups. Word has something that counts words, sentences etc, but it would be so useful if when I was showing a client a spreadsheet I could show just how many calculations were were in the spreadsheet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fix it unactivate Excel window just after typing only once to a cell

After using some macro, I just type only once to enter a word to a cell, and I found I can't type anything because Excel window is not active.
    In this case, we can click the cell to activate Excel window and make it possible to enter a data again, but this bothers me much.
    Another measurement is to reboot Excel, and open books again( sometimes missing some books!!)...

please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Oh how I miss the F4 repeat function from Windows Excel!!!

Oh how I miss the F4 repeat function from Windows Excel!!! Ctrl Y works sometimes, then it doesn't - drives me nuts.....

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Excel 15.16 crashes each time I want to save

I updated to 15.16 this morning, and now I can't work any more; Excel 15.16 crashes each time I want to save. Me too, I'm back to excel 2011, so frustrating.......

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Saving file after crash and no internet connection

After Excel for Mac crashes while the computer is not on an internet connection, it fails to verify that the software is authenticated and thus disables the 'save' function. This has been very problematic especially in areas without internet connection/ during exams!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint writing Extraneous files that are filling up Hard Drive needlessly

All the Office 2016 Are generating extraneous Log files that if filling up Hard drives They should be Remove.
    Enclosed is a Screenshot I take from utility I use to locate files. There is 751 instances of The files and I don't normally use cloud type service nor servers. see this screenshot. https://goo.gl/nrLIqD I amgoing to Delete the files to reclaim some Hard drive space. They removed as soon as computer is shut down for the day to reclaim space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base