Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts for Mac Excel should be there just like in Windows. Then it will be Perfect.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Send to Mail Recipient

I cannot find 'Send to Mail Recipient' in Excel for Mac. Why?

In fact, why are so many commands that are available in Excel for windows not available in Excel for Mac?

I am paying the same price, so should get the same functions! MS, should either get the Mac version to operate the same functions as windows, or offer a 50% discount for the 50% usability of the Mac version!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Touch Mode

Please create a more user friendly experience with touch mode. It is difficult to select multiple cells and drag formula ranges.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Memory Overloading

Tengo una macbook air mid 2013, corriendo con OS Catalina 10.15.6, 4GB de ram, cpu 1,3 GHz Intel Core i5 de dos núcleos, operaciones sencillas como aplicar formula "O" para encontrar valores en una matriz demandan 9GB de memoria ram, exigee al 187% la capacidad del CPU y tarda 1, 2 o mas horas en arrojar el resultado, luego copiar y pegar los valores de la columna toma 2 horas mas. cuando necesito trabajar en una hoja que mantenga varias formulas activas (sin copiar resultado y pegar solo los valores) resulta imposible trabajar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix the mouse pointer for Excel for Mac

The mouse pointer is so shaky and erratic in mac. This really needs to be fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reduce internet connection use.

There should not be such a need for a constant internet connection with all Office apps. There are times when I cannot even cut and paste text without waiting for Excel to contact the server. That's just stupid. And no, I don't need to switch my whole computer to "Airplane Mode" as some one marked a similar suggestion as closed because. Nothing but Microsoft and Esri require constant connections. Everything else works fine without a great connection. No app should have to contact a server to cut and paste. This issue also causes problems with file versions on OneDrive, especially…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I just want to tell you all you're doing great and hang in there. luv u babes, also, ur hair is cute.

the only thing I would ask for is a collaborative function, so that multiple people could work on the same doc at the same time, like with google docs. it would be very useful for my work. all the same, I think you all are great, and I'm proud of u. hugs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. alt key for Excel in Windows shows the labels for the shortcuts found in the ribbon. Excel for Mac doesnt have this. Need it desperately

alt key for Excel in Windows shows the labels for the shortcuts found in the ribbon. Excel for Mac doesn't have this. Need it desperately

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am trying to get custom keyboard shortcuts to work, and am following instructions. PLease make this work right.

I am following the instructions, which are correctly written, I am able to perform all the steps to "insert row" (either above or below), or columns, but the keyboard shortcuts just don't work. I have quit and restarted Excel, but they still don't work.

The shortcuts were previously unassigned (it tells you if it is already taken) so they theoretically should work but don't. Please fix! Excel (Office) 365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excel for Mac needs a major overhaul

I'm currently running Office 2019 for Mac, version 16.36, on OS X 10.14 (Mojave). I've spent hours on the phone with M'soft support for now more than a month, but none of the many Excel-for-Mac bugs have been fixed. All I get is another case number and a promise by the phone clerk to consult with the software "engineers" and get back to me. A week later I get a call saying, "Let's try this to see if it fixes the problem." It never does. Last week's try made things worse. I suspect the "engineers" can't find their way through…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Saving a file with Excel 365 is very slow compared to Excel 2019 volume licence

Multi tested on various computers, a 5 Mo Excel file takes 2,5sec with Excel 2019 when it takes more tham 80sec with Excel 365. Great disconfort for users. Is it just the fact the Excel 365 is a cloud based design program because, even off-line, it is the same result. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. adding by just clicking cells sequentially

WHY is it to be a preference? Is there some conflict with some other workflow? This has begun to feel like someone has some sort of strange agenda.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. CALCULATE(sheet, on/off/calc)

Add the ability to switch from manual automatic calculation (and vice versa) for a specific sheet. Make this controllable via a function so the developer can make an informed choice about when to re-calculate specific sheets.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, fix your problem with MAC Excel's ability to open https hyperlinks!!!!

I swear if I read "cannot open the internet server or proxy server" ONE MORE TIME I WILL THROW THIS COMPUTER THROUGH THE WINDOW. The addresses have been verified by a third party certifier. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOMETHING SO SIMPLE CONTINUES TO BE A PROBLEM!!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve Excel for Mac performance

Please improve Excel performance. I have Microsoft for Windows opened in a virtual machine alongside Excel for Mac. And despite limited resources Excel for Windows performs MUCH better.
    For example when I put any value in a cell and hit enter and do it multiple times in a row then I experience a noticeable lag. There's no lag when I use the Windows version for the same file.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base