Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It's utter stupidity that I as a research student cannot custom label my data points in a package catered to students

Title says it all, and I can't afford to pay 110 dollars for a standalone when I also use word and powerpoint

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trend line to cell

Function that references a chart and gives trendline parameters.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for personalised data labels in XY scatter plots

In Excel 2016 for Mac there is no way to (easily) insert personalised labels to an XY scatter plot (like in the 2013 version for Windows, for instance...). In the Windows version (which I know best) there was the possibility to choose values for the labels that were not part of the XY plot itself but that option does not exist for the (2016) Mac version I can modify a few labels manually but with hundreds of point it is very complicated...
    I believe this feature is of utmost relevance!!

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the support and comments for this suggestion. We will continue to monitor this and prioritize it along with all the other suggestions. We’ve been working to make Excel more consistent between Mac and Windows, as can be seen by the updates over the past several months, which have satisfied several thousand votes on this forum (multi-thread calculation, PivotCharts, modern chart types, new functions, slicers for tables). We are listening to the suggestions, comments and votes, and we will continue to make improvements.

Steve K [MS Excel]

4. lables for XY scatter plots!!!!!!

just include again the possibility to include labels on xy scatter plots

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support SQL parameter queries

Parameter Query support is broken. Almost all our queries are parameter queries.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make available the forecast tool since that is needed for several statistical analysis

The forecast tool is fully available in the Windows version. Its absence actually limits various processes that are so important from financial and statistical point of view. Please look into this and try including it in the future.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve Graph Drawing Performance

When scrolling (e.g. with mousewheel) and a graph that was previously outside the view area moves into the view area there is a significant delay before the graph is drawn (1+ sec). If there are several graphs there is an even worse delay.

The workbook is not complex and the same spreadsheet in Excel (for Mac) 2008 did not suffer such delays i.e. nothing to do with the volume of data or the spreadsheet - something to do with Excel 2016.

I've not tried different styles or types of graph, mine are just simple line plots based in data in…

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve graph performance with plots containing >1000 datapoints in Excel 2016

Excel 2016 chokes when handling plots containing many data points. Copying these plots from Excel to Word or Powerpoint causes issues in those applications as well.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add design tab to Excel for Mac

Add design tab to Excel for Mac so I can create custom color and font themes for my graphs so I don't have to re-enter the design elements for every single chart.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Macro buttons and other controls on Chart sheets

In Excel Windows versions it is possible to place macro buttons and other controls also on chart sheets - an awesome toolset to create dynamic charts where content can be altered by user.
    Why is this feature not available on Mac?
    Add control does not respond on chart sheets. Even worse - charts with controls created in windows versions lose all this content when opened on Mac!

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Map function for data. It would be helpful if data labels could extend beyond the land area of the countries, by default or option

Map function for data. It would be helpful if data labels could extend beyond the land area of the countries in the map, either by default or as an option. I am currently producing maps where half the data labels are not shown, which makes them useless for my purposes. Usual options for data labels - changing the size or position of the boxes in which they appear - are currently disabled for maps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support the Box Plot on MAC version of Excel for God sake !!!

It's very frustrating to see that something which has been there for ages in Windows version is taking years for you to make it available for Mac. I know you guys desperately want us to shift to windows OS, but excluding some features from MAC version is not gonna force us to do so. So, Grow up and please make this work !!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug Report Mac Excel 2016 (1802401)

I was trying to create a Chart to help answer a question Mac Office 2016 Community forum and discovered a Bug in creating Charts. The Problem is best explained by showing you two screenshots.

I was told to post here by an MVP because I originally posted in the Community Forum for insider versions. That Microsoft is supposed to now ignore the insider forums. It's much easier to post there.

Here are the screenshots. the second is what chart type I ended upchoosing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Excel Charts Additional Features

Being an avid user of excel and its charts, i thought of some ideas that could change excel for the better for all of its users (especially those who work in finance);

1) Allow for 3+ axis on the same chart. For instance allow stacked axis on both the right hand side and the left hand side.

2) Ability to add labels on these axis for the latest values. Also allow for labels to be seen on these axis when hovering above the data (line,bar etc.) Additionally, Legends should display the latest value for the corresponding series and its corresponding…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Solve the problem of poor Cross-platform

Excel online, Excel 365 for Mac, Excel 365 for Windows - different products. If I made a file on windows - it will not work on the Mac either.
    Excel 365 for Mac does not have charts from Excel 365 for Windows. If I create a file in the Pro version, then it does not work in the home version. This is bad! The file is everywhere different! I can not be sure that my project looks equally good everywhere.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I regret very much when I access a drop-down list from a cell to see only the first sixteen elements of this list even if the size of my scr

I regret very much when I access a drop-down list from a cell to see only the first sixteen elements of this list even if the size of my screen would allow a greater number as in previous versions of excel for mac . This forces me to scroll through the window because I often have forty or fifty items in my lists and it causes me to waste a lot of time doing this manipulation.
    I do not understand what led to this restriction.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base