Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to add a Title to a Chart Legend

To improve comprehension of chart data, it is sometimes very helpful to explain what each data series represents. E.g. if the series names say "orange", "apples", and "bananas" the legend could say Fruit [lbs].
    While this information could be added in the chart title, it can make that title too long.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Vertical axis and Data Label options for a Chart

Currently, Selecting the Vertical axis (Primary or Secondary) and Data Label options are not available while Selecting Data for a chart. This creates innumerable problems while charting, especially using large data sets. This is leading to non-display of charts if Data set is more than 1000 in numbers.

Preferably, an option should be available also to Turn-Off all Data Labels by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please include "Cell Values" as a Data Label Option

In many versions of Excel, you can add data labels that correspond with a specific cell value.This is particularly useful in a scatterplot or bubble chart. Please add this feature to Excel for Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. XML mapping ability

I do a lot of XML mapping (import XML data to Excel, Export XML format) and every time I have to do this, I need to go Windows machine, which, for those who doesn't know, is a terrible experience by itself. There is a reason I love Mac. Please make Mac the only computer that I'd be using for any need.
    Thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow for easy deletion of individual bars from bar charts

In my current version of Excel, there is an option for easily removing a series from a line chart. However, there is no easy way to remove a single bar from a bar chart.

Sometimes I need to break up existing bar charts into multiple sub-charts, but the only way to do this involves duplicating and changing the chart data range. I then have to go and change the colors of the bars one by one and manually reassign error bar sources.

If there were a way to individually delete bars from a bar chart in a way that preserved…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Excel on windows you RC chart and it shows which type. I am a teacher and wish to do same thing on Mac I have 16.16.26 version

Make it easy for teachers to check type of graph a student has used. It is very easy on Windows. Mac should be just as easy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make longer slots

make longer slots

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add the forecast function to the mac excel

The excel function need to add the forecast function so you can use it to makw a easier forecast.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add "Change data label"&"Insert data label field" in Excel 2019.

The "Change data label"&"Insert data label field" are not available in MS Office Excel 2019 for Mac. It would be great if you could update and guide me on the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow colour formatting for Sparklines depending on values

Allow bars (points) of of Sparkling chart t be coloured depending on the value of individual points. Currently Sparklines lines only show trends in one colour. Allow the user to format the colour of the different bars (points) of a Sparkling chart

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Filtering directly from the chart

Be able to filter information in the chart, similar to what exist on windows.
    Example attached(image)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change data series order in chart legends

As of March 2020, I can change the order of data series for a chart either by using the arrow buttons in the Chart Source Data dialog or by changing the order value in data series definitions in the formula bar; but (at least for line charts) this does not alter the data series order in chart legends.

Search results for "change Excel chart legend data order" indicate the Windows version matches the legend data order to the chart data order when changed, as it should. Need to do that for the Mac version, too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove small islands of Tokyo from Maps for visibility

Since there are small islands such as Ogasawara Islands in the south, if you include the data of Tokyo in Maps and set Map Area to Only regions of data, the map will be displayed very small, so I want only the main island of Tokyo will be displayed and the small islands won't be shown in the map for visibility reason.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The charts no longer look at time/date data correctly

My idea is to get the bounds/scale range thing sorted out again and running like it used to. Data is not looking at the time it's plotted against and to get it to show up on our graphs now, you have to re-set the bounds, which makes the scale not correct to the data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix the Waterfall chart to include display units like thousands

In all the charts I've looked which is most you can format the axis to change the way the units are displayed like in hundreds, thousands, millions...
    The Waterfall chart doesn't allow for this. The format axis dialog box to the right doesn't have this choice. Please see the attached file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Quickly add series name to just one data label

I can't do this right now because changing the properties of a single data label adds data labels to entire series.

Select data point on a line chart, Add Data Label -> all good, only the data label I want appears.

Then go to Format Data Label -> Label Options -> change anything, all the data points in the series get a label and I have to delete them one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excel should not only have infinite vertical room, it should have infinite horizontal room

My idea is for Excel to have an infinite horizontal room like Microsoft word.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A Venn diagram that shows the circles in proportion to their data sizes.

Provide a way to create a Venn diagram so that the circle sizes approximate the different magnitudes of the data items. When they are all the same size, you can only see relationships, not the importance of them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add superscript and subscript in a chart by using comand+1

It takes years to find proper number/letter in Unicode Character Table to make superscript or subscript. It would be much easier to use comand+1 or to click it next to the main tools.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base