Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Arrange all Feature

Please create Arrange all feature which able to view multiple workbooks on Mac, it is so important feature for me to save my time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow different view options (list, columns etc) for Opening Recent Files

Allow different view options (list, columns etc) for Opening Recent Files

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix PageUp/Down Left/Right key functions that were broken by 15.16.0 Update

If you are in the middle of a large spreadsheet, these keys apparently move the cursor off screen, but the display does NOT move. They seem to work OK if you start from the R1C1 cell, but not otherwise. It all worked fine before the 15.16.0 update on 11/10/15.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Drag sheet to new book excel

Allow users to simply drag the sheet tab to another open Excel window to move the sheet to that book (Office 2019 MAC)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No fixed headers in online view available.

in local version that works and is very helpful to navigate big sheets/WBs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Graphs keep disappearing when I scroll past and scroll back into their area of the sheet and have to wait for them to load again

Graphs keep disappearing when I scroll past and scroll back into their area of the sheet and have to wait for them to load again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Graphs keep disappearing when I scroll past and scroll back into their area of the sheet and have to wait for them to load again

Graphs keep disappearing when I scroll past them and they go offscreen and scroll back into their area of the sheet and they're gone and I have to wait a few seconds for them to load again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Complaint concerning a disappearance of work!

I spent 3 hours on a document with four different sheets less than a week ago, I saved it, but today it is nowhere to be found. WHAT THE ****!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. small descriptive text windows for command or control tips

Is there a way to activate a feature for small windows that display descriptive text when we rest the pointer on a command or control? this will be more efficient for Mac users as newbies to Excel

this feature is apparently available in Windows, but not Mac?

it will be more efficient, please advise

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. lastest version comments are irritating, they pop up as I roll over as opposed to when I click on the cell with the comment

Lastest version comments are irritating, they pop up as I roll over the cell. Sometimes I cannot see the cell I am looking for because there are so many comments popping up. Previous version I had to be on the cell to see the comment which is much less confusing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In 16.20, dark mode is nice, but I would like to use colorful menus from 16.17 as an option.

Thank you for bringing dark mode to Office with version 16.20. I actually enjoyed the colorful menu/title bars from 16.17. They allowed me to quickly identify overlapping open windows by their color. Can we please have Office follow the system dark mode as an option?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. More efficient process for changing data for graphs

Here’s an idea… When changing the coordinates for a graph using “Select Data” after right clicking in the graph, it is great that the view switches to the actual data so that ranges can be easily selected. However, it would be even better if the view returns to the graph on leaving the “Select Data” dialog box. Often I have very large databases with the data I want to graph, often 40 or more for a single report. SO MUCH time is spent going back and forth between graphs and data, which are usually on different sheets, if not in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Highlight to INCREASE

I am using Version 15.32 .xls for Mac. The Finder, when we search for a specific word or number, impossible to see it ! The highlight is not bright or evident enough. Should be VERY COLORFUL to see it... in a big table, when I click search for a word...it just jump...but impossible to see where it is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have GOTO place the target cell as the upper-left corner cell

Currently, when you ask Excel to goto a cell or named range, you never know where the target cell will appear within the screen. This voids the goto feature of any real convenience, since, if I have to scroll the target cell to a place where I can actually see the pertinent data and access it, then why use the goto feature in the first place? I may as well just scroll all the way to where I want to go!

If, however, the cell always ends up in the upper-left corner of the display, then I am actually where…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please remove "Elements" toolbar! Takes precious space on my monitor, have seen many others with similar complaint. Excel 2008.

Excel 2008 - found out on my wife's older iMac that is running Excel 2008 that the so-called "Elements" toolbar is taking precious screen space and is useless for me. Seen many others post similar complaint. Doesn't seem to be in my AirBook version of Mac, but what can I do to eliminate this in this version?? Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Making the File-Properties-Content window scalable would be advantageous for finding a tab within a workbook, and as a tab list.

Making the File-Properties-Content window scalable would be advantageous for finding a tab within a workbook, and as a tab list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. slide feature in sheet list

Is possible to add slide feature to sheet list? Clicking on small arrows on the left bottom side is very slow and uneffective. This feature I'm talking about works in Google Drive Sheets or in your Excel for iOS and it's really great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hyperlink to New Documents? I can't figure out how to do this.

Their is no hyperlink option to link to new documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base