Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. arabic connected letters

connect the letter for arabic

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display two worksheets at once

Allow two worksheets to display at the same time to expedite copy/paste from one worksheet to another. It would also help setting cell links for form controls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Worksheet Tab Editing Issue

When double clicking a worksheet tab and edit it, upon pressing enter you cannot resume in the worksheet until you actually click in the worksheet itself then the cursor will become active. This is not correct behavior. After pressing enter in the sheet tab, the worksheet the cursor should automatically be movable without having to click the worksheet after pressing enter. Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to define Programmable Hotkeys for any Simple or Advanced Functions!

You don't need to break Excel's hotkeys to do this! You can keep your shortcut key TOTALLY INTACT!

Here's how you do it: Give us programmable hotkeys, for example Option 1 - 9 Can be user-programmable hotkeys.

For any given user, there are 10 involved tasked that they most commonly perform, for which there are no hotkeys.

For example, for a user they might be:

1) Drawing a box around a cell

2) Converting a Number to a Percent

3) Creating a line graph specifically out of two columns (which normally requires 2-3 clicks - the hotkey will enable the…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep the Count of the Rows and Columns involved ALWAYS on hand

Example:

If I want to sum 300 rows, I write: =Sum(M30:M330), I often can't remember the COUNT. Have I just summed 300 rows in that equation, or have I summed 301 rows? You see!? I WASTE A LOT OF TIME double checking that the area selected by my formulas selected the number of rows I intended or 1 row too much/too few.

It's hard to figure this out! It shouldn't be.

When I'm double clicked on the cell with a sum function, for example, highlighting a range of (M30:M330) within the function, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SCROLL OVER TO…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support Command+Tilde in Full Screen Mode

When multiple workbooks are open in Excel 2016 for Mac, you are able to switch between them by pressing Command+Tilde only if the workbooks are NOT in full screen mode. If the workbooks ARE in full screen mode, Command+Tilde no longer works.

This presents a significant usability/productivity problem in that you have to mouse through several layers just to switch between open full screen workbooks.

Command+Tilde should work regardless of whether workbooks are being viewed full screen or windowed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Excel Uses Incorrect Cursor On Mac

Please make Excel use the proper carson on the Mac. Here is a video:

https://gfycat.com/SadPettyKitten

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Interlinking worksheet hyperlinks in spreadsheet to work in offline mode not only in browser

Currently opening a spreadsheet from Sharepoint online and editing locally/offline, hyperlinks interlinking to other worksheets in the same spreadsheet will not work; i.e. a hyperlink in sheet 1opening sheet 2 or 3 or 4 directly to navigate to other spreadsheet locations will not open that spreadsheet location in offline mode. It appears that it attempts to contact the Sharepoint server to look for the local/offline mode worksheet address location in the spreadsheet and cannot resolve it, so nothing happens. Can this issue be remedied in a future release?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Upward Search/Find

If you're at a specific cell in a workbook, the current Find functionality (command-F) only allows you to search downward, to the NEXT cell that matches the value. I frequently need to search UP to find the PREVIOUS cell that matches that value, and there seems to be no such function. In a program as mature as Excel, this lack of basic functionality seems rather idiotic, and downright lame. I think you even used to have it, many years ago, and then got rid of it in a flash of lunacy. A simple checkbox in the search dialogue box that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix Hyperlinks in Excel 2016 - Unable to use to navigate around workboks

I created a link in my workbook to another tab in the same workbook using the CTRL-K feature. However, when I click on the link, it always asks if I want to open a workbook from my d.docs.live.net server, which is OneDrive. This is a OneDrive 365 account.

I've removed and readded the hyperlink with the same results. It

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Turn off partial column scrolling (bring back snap to grid scrolling)

In previous versions of Excel, moving the sheet around in the window was done column by column, or row by row. With a MacBook Pro touchpad, I can move the sheet with two fingers, but instead of moving cell by cell, I keep losing half of a cell off the left side of the window. Drives me crazy.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When selecting multiple tabs using command button it keeps auto scrolling back to the first tab. how to disable this please?

In Excel for Mac 2016, when selecting multiple tabs using command button it keeps auto scrolling back to the first tab. in older versions you could use the arrows to move along the tabs and select them without it auto scrolling back to tab1.
    Also, how do you make the tabs smaller? for large excel doc's there aren't enough tab's visible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix Cell Navigation in 15.17

Since the 15.17 update, there is now a noticeable delay when moving between cells using the arrow keys and sometime the cursor does not respond at all to the key press. Please fix (it was fine in 15.16).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Option+Green = Maximize (with Yosemite). Word and PowerPoint do this.

With Yosemite, the green window control button changed to cause windows to go Full Screen (rather than Maximize). People who still want the green button to cause the window to Maximize can get that functionality by using the Option key while clicking on the green button. But not with Excel. Works for Word and PowerPoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. arrangement on dual screen

I have 2 displays attached to my apple computer. If I want to display one document on one display and the other document on another display, the windows are moved to the primary display when switching between documents using cmd + ~ (switch window). This makes it almost impossible to have 2 documents open next to each other. It would be better if the window position is not affected when switching between documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add scrolling arrows at bottom to allow easy viewing

Some arrows on the scroll bars would be nice to navigate individual cells without using the mouse scroll or shift+mouse scroll to view Excel sheets.

Becomes rather tedious working on large sheets and is quite clunky.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix PageUp/Down Left/Right key functions that were broken by 15.16.0 Update

If you are in the middle of a large spreadsheet, these keys apparently move the cursor off screen, but the display does NOT move. They seem to work OK if you start from the R1C1 cell, but not otherwise. It all worked fine before the 15.16.0 update on 11/10/15.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bigger Default Powerpoint View

Make default cell size larger like the PC version, or allow user changing of default zoom to 125% which is comparable to PC. Both Word and Excel open in unchangeable default views too small on Mac and people have been asking for this size change for years now.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base