Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Annoying Trace Precedents / Dependent Window

Why is it necessary to click precisely on the "arrow" when tracing precedents or dependents through to another sheet? Can you please re-design this icon to provide an easier user experience

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dark Mode as simple and easy just like outlook!

Outlook has that button to instantly switch backgrounds to match dark mode and it is extremely helpful when working at night. The bright white excel workbook makes it painful to use at night.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add in tabbed browsing for workbooks like the plugin "Office Tab Plugin"

Add in tabbed browsing for workbooks. The tabs at the bottom for worksheets are great. But I would like something similar for the tons of workbooks I always have open.

The plugin Office Tab is similar to what I need. https://www.extendoffice.com/product/office-tab.html

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. wrong font size in Excel vs Word

By default, Excel seems to use Calibri 11.
    However, the font in Excel always look too small comparing side-by-side between Excel and Word at the same magnification "100%".

I wonder what might be the problem here? Has anyone notice the same problem?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. see ruler

can I view a ruler at top of page in Excel?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Scollable tabs / sheets

Please make the tabs / sheets scrollable (gestures) and not only with arrows to click. A quick swipe would advance faster through several dozen tabs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Color Bucket Tool

I have two Excel workbooks open side-by-side. I frequently change the cell color based on what I need to do, follow up on, etc. And it's different colors on the workbooks. This is a not a conditional format situation, because these are manual changes (no formula or pattern).

For example, in Workbook 1, I'm using the color bucket to fill in the cells I select to be the color red. When I click on Workbook 2, I notice that it's color bucket is now red. If I change Workbook 2's color bucket to purple, Workbook 1's color bucket also changes…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. save find preferences

Allow a preference to be set for Excel when performing a Find. eg if ones normal is Find Columns/Values allow this to become the standard for future Finds

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Simplify the process of adding check boxes

Google sheets has a very simple way to add check boxes into cells, which is genuinely the major reason why i prefer it to excel. The check boxes in google sheets can also be copied, pasted and extended.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. TouchBar Customization

All Working great, but please add a feature to edit the TouchBar quick access tools for quick productivity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Open sheets in A1

Hi,

I have no idea why but whenever I open Excel files, they open in places where there are no values. There could be an opt-in setting to have it always set to A1 of the first sheet of the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. searches

Allow saved searches for Excel. This means a set of criteria based only on the data in cells or attributes of cells such as color.

Yes, I know about Custom Views. The problem with Custom Views is that it imposes window size and position requirements (windows jump around on the screen, and from screen to screen, when you try one of these searches), and it isn't useable in a worksheet with any table enabled.

But a simple saved search would obviate the need to repeatedly click on options to repeat the same search I do every few days.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Maintain/retain Window view when opening a new window

When opening a new window on an existing spreadsheet, the new window should maintain the view settings (e.g., gridlines, zoom, freeze panes) from the window viewed most recently. If I need a new view, I can adjust it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How to hide the scroll bars in Excel for Mac?

I was wondering how can we hide the vertical and horizontal scrollbars in the Excel for Mac? I cannot find it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tabs and Merge - Merge different workbooks in separate windows into one window and use tabs, like in browser to select between them.

Allow to merge different workbooks in separate windows into one window and use tabs, like in browser to select between them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please delete the center part of top menu band of Excel that lists the file name and where it stored on server.

Please delete the center of the top menu band of Excel for Mac that lists the file name where saved. Need more space in the top band to grab/reposition the entire Excel window at different spots on my computer screen. Very little room to do that without selecting the file name in top band.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Linked Cells to a formula in other sheets are not highlighted

If a cell in sheet1 has a formula which is linked to few cells in sheet2, upon double clicking the formula cell, the linked cells in sheet2 is not getting highlighted. If the formula is linked to the cells in same sheet, then only they do get highlighted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Current selection should always be highlighted

When deselecting a window (ie switching to another window) the current selection should remain highlighted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base