Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. weighted randomizer function

Make a randomizer (for contests, sample data, or simply randomizers) which uses 2 columns; one with the value, one with the weight of said value. Making a randomizer which uses weighted values is a huge pain as of right now!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the SUM function more convenient to use so when you click the individual cells it will added them opposed to having to put + btw cells

Make the SUM function more convenient to use so when you click the individual cells it will added them opposed to having to put + btw cells

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter/explode category in Formula Builder

One can search and Scroll in the Formula dialog. If you don't know what excel will call a function you need to scroll. What you usually know is if you will need a function on text, Date/time, number, stats etc... It would then be very nice to filter the enormous list of functions based on topic / data type you are to operate on.

Seems like a small feature add, that would help a lot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would need to use result of a formula as the lookup value in VLOOKUP, Hlookup....

The lookup value in this set of functions (vlookup, Index, match...) need to be a value or a reference to the cell containing a value. I would need the possibility of that value being the result of another formula or function. For example : Vlookup(A2;b2:f9:3;0) where A2 would not contain a value but a formula such as =M1+m2 or simply M1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 全環境、全バージョン、配列数式の 引数引き渡し

配列数式を 組む際に、
     ・セル間配列数式値の 受け渡し、
     ・ネスト間配列数式値の 受け渡し、
    此等において、

ご存じの通り、
    阻害条項が 横たわっており、

連れて、
    名前定義を 介したり、
    INDEX構文を 持ちいたり、
    等、

阻害への 特殊な、
    対応が 求められます。

又、

OFFSET構文等の、
    索引関数の 結果を、
    上位ネスト関数に 引き渡す際にも、

かなり 以前から、
    不具合が 見られるように、
    なっていますし、

他にも 有る、
    可能性も 横たわっています。

一方、

もし 此等を、
    VBAで なそうと、
    する場合、

ループ等での 対応が、
    一般的です。

ですが、

此では オブジェクトタッチ数が、
    飛躍的に 増え、

連れて、
    必要処理時間が 飛躍的に、
    増加するだけでなく、

プリセット機能である シート関数の、
    有用性を 殺し、

併せれば、
    Excel 其の物の、
    価値を、能力を、
    毀損しています。

Excelの、

持てる 能力の、
    全てを 毀損させず、
    余す事なく 発揮させるためにも、

配列数式への 改善を、
    図っては 如何でしょうか、

ご検討を 願います。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please improve the ASC and JIS functions

Please improve the ASC and JIS functions so that:
    they can apply to:
    - only romajis,
    - only katakanas,
    - both of them
    For instance, this could be like:
    - ASC(Text,-1) / JIS(Text, -1) would apply only to romajis
    - ASC(Text,1) / JIS(Text,1) would apply to katakanas only
    - ASC(Text,0) / ASC(Text) / JIS(Text,0) / JIS(Text) would apply to both, just as the present versions.

This would be very helpful for a variety of usages.
    The main usage would be to force romajis to single-byte while forcing kanas to double-byte.
    In fact, in many cases, ones would prefer transform only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please improve ASC and JIS functions

Please improve the ASC and JIS functions to that:
    they can apply to:
    - only romajis,
    - only katakanas,
    - both of them
    For instance, this could be like:
    - ASC(Text,-1) / JIS(Text, -1) would apply only to romajis
    - ASC(Text,1) / JIS(Text,1) would apply to katakanas only
    - ASC(Text,0) / ASC(Text) / JIS(Text,0) / JIS(Text) would apply to both, just as the present versions.

This would be very helpful for a variety of usages.
    The main usage would be to force romajis to single-byte while forcing kanas to double-byte.
    In fact, in many cases, ones would prefer transform only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Reinstate ability to use the TAB or RETURN key to finish a formula and move to next over or down cell

I'm on a Mac OS10.14.6 using Excel v16.34. Neither the Enter nor Return nor Tab key will auto-select the Done button to finalize a created formula and then bring me to the next cell over or down.

I've hesitated to move from Excel 2011 because I'm able to, for instance, put my cursor in a cell, double-click SUM in the function dialog box (which I keep open in the window), drag/select the range of cells I want to add, then hit the Tab button to finalize the formula and move me to the cell to the right, to then use…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Select only visible cell as COMMAND+Shift+8

On older versions of Mac Excel the key combination of COMMAND+SHIFT+8 would select only visible cells. Now (v.13.64) it does not. You need to press OPTIONS+;
    Please re-add this function back

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When editing in cell, please re-add COMMAND+A as a select all option

On older version of Excel, when you were editing a formula in a cell, if you pressed COMMAND+A, all the text would be selected. Now, the same combination of keys does nothing.
    Please re-add this function!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. md5 hash function

Please implement the MD5 hash function

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Simplify SUBTOTAL

Simplify SUBTOTAL function by eliminating codes: use the underlying functions instead. Use TRUE or FALSE to include hidden rows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A function to populate another cell

A function to populate another cell. Something like;

IF(a1<>0,LET a5=a1,LETa5="") as a function in any cell other than a1 or a5

This populates a5 if the condition is met but enables a value to be typed into a5 without overwriting a formula.

As far as I know, this can only be done today with VBA. This would be so useful to me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please don't bar people from using all functions on Office Home & Student 2016 for Mac

As a student, I have purchased a lifetime license for Microsoft products. It seems ridiculous that I am barred from using functions such as "MAXif". Why can't all functions be made available? I am sure NO company will get rich making extra $ from students in this manner. This is so sad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. DON'T MAKE A CHANGE THAT PUTS MORE "STUFF" IN WHAT USED TO BE A VERY SIMPLE AND RELIAABLE METHOD!

DON'T MAKE A CHANGE THAT PUTS MORE "STUFF" DO DO IN WHAT USED TO BE A VERY SIMPLE AND RELIABLE METHOD. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU MAKE A VERY SIMPLE SYSTEM THAT WORKED SO MUCH MORE CUMBERSOME?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Including a time-or datestamp on templates for reports

To insert a time or a date, we can either use the stamp function (e.g. ctrl+;) or use the formula (=TODAY). I would like to have the use of a timestamp inside a template, so that when we create a new sheet from that template, the fixed date appears, i.e. as a datestamp. I haven't found how to do this using help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rounding issue with Excel and dollar values

Current Issue just discovered talking to MS Excel Support to see if there is a work around or if someone is solving this error.

Issue is that when you place values in a cell and do a =ROUND function to format a currency value it rounds down not up. i.e. Summing to Cells and trying to find tax for the two values return in correct value.
    =ROUND ($33.165, 2), returns 33.16 and not 33.17. This is a major show stopper for financial calculations and worksheets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base