Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Put back subtext when building formulas

Put back subtext when building formulas. The text that lets you know where you are in the formula.
    Examples from previous editions: "argument", "value if true", "value if false"...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Function for Classifying data as ABC instead of a series of "if cell in range A; classA; if cell in range B; classB...."

Using Frequency function, you can input a list of classes then compute the occurrencies of data selected as a matrix formula. What about classifying each item in the data interval in the class computed?
    Instead of a series of "if data in rangeA; classA; if data in rangeB; classB;0;0...), why not using the same list of classes for a new function CLOOKUP or CASEIF(cell;classMatrix;classNameColumnIndex;<= or <upper range limit).
    Examples: Pareto analisys, ABC, Inventory Cross analisys, Data stratification

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel for Mac.

1. We need a simple function that can tell us the last date a change was made to a cell.

2. We need a "find all" function that lists all examples in a separate box, together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. find all function missing on Mac

Find all isn't available on Mac. Online and PC have this function. Needs to be on Mac too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. ability to create named ranges globally to all open worksheets

as in Windows version of Excel, unable ability to define scope for a named range so that a named range can be used across all opened worksheets

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need a shortcut for trace precedent and dependent

Need a shortcut to trace precedents and dependents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. activeX

Il semble que cet ActiveX de contrôle soit disponible pour Excel dans les PC Windows. J'aimerais svp cette fonctionnalité disponible dans le mac. Je deteste faire qq travail dans les windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 定義ずみのセル範囲の名前を F3 キーで呼び出せるようにしてほしい。

データの入力規則で、「リスト」を選んだときに「元の値」の欄で、あらかじめ定義ずみのセル範囲の名前を F3 キーで呼び出せるようにしてほしい。Windows版エクセルではできるので。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Port ENCODEURL function to Mac Excel

Please include the ENCODEURL function in the Mac version of Excel. I don't want to keep having to ask coworkers to update my spreadsheets.

Why are all of the newer functions not ported to Mac?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. IRR and NPV Functions upgrade

Currently, IRR and NPV functions in EXCEL calculate present values by discounting initial number in the series.

It would be useful to provide option (or default setting) by which IRR and NPV are calculated without discounting data in the initial year (initial year is current year, so no discount is necessary).

If model requires discounting in the initial year, formulas could still be used by adding 0 to the beginning of data series.

Currently in this scenario both NPV and IRR has to be calculated manually, and formulas cannot be used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Colour every other row

Under "Conditional Formatting", have "=MOD(Row(),2)=1" as a preset.

Amazing for dyslexics/visually impaired

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make excel shortcuts comparable to those on a Windows.

Not just simply copy and paste but shortcuts to the tool bar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. VLOOKUP to bring text formatting with it

Allow VLOOKUP to bring text formatting with it. For example, I am using VLOOKUP to lookup data in another Excel worksheet. The data contains bold and italic text. When I use VLOOKUP the bold and italic text does not come, all I get is the raw text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PLEASE add the page & cell reference of a formula when alerting the user to an issue when the spreadsheet is opened

I open one particular spreadsheet and a warning comes up that there is a circular calculation but it doesn't tell me where and I can't find it.

I think it would be a good idea to add the page & cell reference to assist the user find the problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Click sheet to add same cell in different sheets to a formula

Excel 2011 had the possibility to sum the same relative cell in different sheets by typing "=", and then clicking on a cell in one sheet and then just clicking the next sheet and it would add the same cell in that sheet to the formula. This functionality is no longer available in Excel 2016.

I would have thought that this functionality would have been included when Microsoft added the Preference "Enable Click To Add Mode) in May 2020 (v16.37 or higher). See https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304933-excel-for-mac/suggestions/9603774-just-click-individual-cells-to-sum?tracking_code=5c6fb0a2180ea3d9572d151bf21fefc0
    but they didn't.

Please add this functionality when turning on "Enable Click To Add Mode.

Thank…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. HYPERLINK function - optional Screen Tip argument

This should be a relatively easy one: In the HYPERLINK function, please add an optional argument for assigning a Screen Tip.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Money for Excel-Allow user-defiined subcatgeories

I think of my finances along main domains, like housing, auto, healthcare, etc. Each of the domains, however, should have user-defined subcategories that can drilled down to when needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base