Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make other Data commands available in Mac - Power Query

I can't find important Data commands such create "relations" between tables, Get external data from "folder" or existing workbook. Is it true that this feature in not supported on Mac? At least that is what the agent told me on chat support

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Microsoft Excel for Mac EXACTLY THE SAME as Microsoft Excel for PC.

If Mac subscribers of Office 365 are getting less features and PC subscribers, prorate the Mac annual subscription accordingly. If not, MAKE BOTH VERSIONS OF EXCEL HAVE THE SAME MENU FEATURES!

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need a way to turn off a recurring disclaimer after it presents itself a few times

I've started using the Stocks data types and now all workbooks that have them get the disclaimer banner on each sheet every time I open it up. After seeing it a few times, the user needs to have a way to turn it off. Otherwise , it just an annoyance. Thank you.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Changes to VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP

I suggest 2 changes in Vlookup/Hlookup:

A. VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP functions user can only search for the lookup value in the first column/row, and the result column/row is always after (right/bleow) the lookup column/row.
    I suggest to make it more flexible by letting the user decide which column to search in and which columns to retrieve the value from.

B. Sometimes user need to drag lookup function to several columns and needs the column index to be incremented, for example to be 3 in the first column, the second column to be 4 and so on, I suggest to add new parameter…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color functions

Please add a function that returns a cell text color! This is very important for IF statement that are based on the color of cell's text!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need to be able to step through formulas and functions in Excel.

It would be nice for the mac version to have the same features as the windows version. Especially when I have to switch between OSes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. STOCKHISTORY function should return split and dividend adjusted prices

STOCKHISTORY function should return split and dividend ADJUSTED prices. It is otherwise useless for historical prices and calculations such as historical volatility.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I can't find important Data commands on Excel office 365 for Mac

I can't find important Data commands such create "relations" between tables, Get external data from "folder" or existing workbook. Is it true that this feature in not supported on Mac? At least that is what the agent told me on chat support

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change the vlookup formula to have a default value if the formula returns an error

I have to wrap my vlookups in an IF statement to check for the result being ISNA. Would be amazingly helpfuly if it could take another input patameter to default on any error condition (e.g. 0 or space are ones that I would use most often).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. existe versión de Power Pivot, Map, View compatible con la MAC?

Solicito una versión de Power Pivot compatible con la MAC ya que a pesar de tener la ultima versión 365 de Microsoft no me permite instalar

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In Excel for Mac, fix the issue that the characters on the formula bar get corrupted when pasting a folder name in a cell

Copying a folder name and pasting it in a cell may not be a common operation, but sometimes we do so.
    Therefore, it would be great if you could fix the issue that the characters on the formula bar get corrupted in the operation above.
    This issue has not been fixed for a long time and is always reproducible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Data Validation to hold New dynamic Arrays function in Validation list

Current Scenario
    While using the dynamic arrays formula in data validation list is not returning the arrays values, we need when enter the dynamic arrays formula in a column then call the arrays using # in data validation

Requested Solution
    Allowing user to use the dynamic arrays formula in the data validation directly instead of using the helper column.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Alt shortcuts for the Mac pls

Please provide Alt key equivalent shortcuts for the Mac

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Historical volatility for stockhistory function

It would be great if stockhistory function provided HISTORICAL VOLATILITY for a certain asset on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or even on an annualized basis.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If I have a repeating row at top of page, the selected cell outline disappears immediately

On Excel 16.46 365 / Catalina - when I go to highlight cells to type in or insert or delete, the outline immediately disappears, if I remove the repeating row I set up in Page Set Up / Sheet then the problem goes away - but I NEED my repeating row. I had Mojave and had same problem, only thing that worked was going to 15.44 vers but now I am on Catalina and afraid to go t Big Sur after reading so many other issues. Have had MS engineer on and he says it's a buggy problem and will…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have a "no action" case for an if statement

I have a need for a cell to be empty to allow the neighboring cell's text to spill over if the formula returns a false value.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. enable "Relationships" or "OLAP Tools" buttons in Excel Mac

enable "Relationships" or "OLAP Tools" buttons in Excel Mac

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. duration

if you use negative rates in the DURATION o MDURATION function you don't get anythins #NUM, what shall we do ? thks in advance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base