Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mac

Welcome to the Excel for Mac forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mac?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. what if we added a choice to transfer sheets from bottom to left side instead of column A?

what if we can add a choice for users to transfer sheets from bottom to left side instead of column A?
    as excel user, I start using first sheet, then second one then third one then I find myself using high NO of sheets which makes finding specific sheet boring and frustrating. and if we have high NO of sheets, it will be harder even if I name the sheets

but what if we had the ability to transfer all sheets from bottom to left side from top as they fill all column A and column A starts the next…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. conditional formatting

Update Conditional Formatting wizards on Excel 2019 for Mac - to Excel for Windows.

Conditional Formatting panes were completely revamped on Windows in Excel 2007. The Mac version UI still uses the legacy design that's over a decade old

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a new cell format to handle time duration

When I click on "Format Cells..." I get the standard list of various formats. There should be a separate "Duration" format in this list, to handle time duration, AS DISTINCT FROM time-of-day. This is needed when entering time durations, for example, the timings for a piece of music or of a film. Also, this Duration format should include the option of entering MINUTES:SECONDS without hours.

I have tried to find a way to work around the lack of this basic simple format, visiting numerous tech sites and support sites, and I was shocked to discover that there is no way…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. REMOVE the permanent "Color" in all rows and columns or at least make it user friendly to remove!!!!!!!

REMOVE the permanent "Default Color" in all rows and columns when downloading an excel spreadsheet from a financial institution or at least make it user friendly, so i can figure out how to remove them! I cannot locate the "TABLE" TAB that you so diligently describe in your HELP section!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Arabic typing on MAC Excel, Automatically goes English when typing in Excel. MAC OS Mojave version 10.14.2 MS Excel version 16.20

Arabic typing on MAC Excel, Automatically goes English when typing in Excel. MAC OS Mojave version 10.14.2 MS Excel version 16.20

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make date format codes language independent

I work in an international environment and I got the following issue concerning date formatting:

1. CODE SET FOR DATE FORMATTING:
    On MacOS, the code set used for number/date... formatting (and also for separators in formulas and default delimiters when opening CSV files) is based on the "region" parameter set up in the region & language preferences of MacOS.
    In my case, I often share Excel files with people whose preference are set to "France" or "United Kingdom" or "USA" according to the person.

In English environment, code for "year" is yy or yyyy. But in French environment, it becomes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring back option to remove black line around embedded Word documents

Enable Shape Format --Shape Outline options for embedded Word documents on spreadsheet that appear as objects. In past versions of Excel, you could remove the black line in formatting so that text appeared on the sheet without a border. Haven't been able to turn in reports for over a year in newer version. Only works with the text box which defeats the purpose of being about to Word functions such as grammar, etc. inside Excel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. repair problem

When using <Control><;> to input the date it sometimes goes in correctly as per settings (English NZ) dd/mm/yyyy and sometimes it is mm/dd/yyyy. This is in the same excel file and same formatted cells.
    I'm using Excel for Mac 16.21.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keep lines when filling cells with color

Make it so lines between cells don't disappear when you add fill. Having the lines gone makes it hard to read across the sheet horizontally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Wrap text doesn't work anymore with multiline cell

Since last Insider Version (190123), the "Wrap Text" cell formatting is giving totally wrong carriage return with multiline cell text (way too much spaces are taken)
    See red zone in the printscreen attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Correct border changes

When I change existing border settings in cells, rows, or columns the new setting is ignored, and instead, the previous settings are even removed.
    I am using Office 2019.
    Before when I made changes to border setting, for example replacing a thinner with a thicker line, I just had to select the new line style, click the border I wanted to change and the new line style was set.
    Now, when I do the same, the new line style is displayed right after clicking the border I want to change, but when ok'ing back to the form, the border line…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Find and Replace Formatting

E.g., Find all blue text and Replace with white text and blue fill.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. method for multiple-cell, single-keystroke, conversion to absolute references

Multiple-cell, one-keystroke, change to absolute reference

I suggest you add a method of converting (say) a blocked 20 row x 30 column shaded portion of a work page from "standard" to absolute references. I have such a need, but I must make the change cell-by-cell, meaning 600 keystroke, not one. Each cell has a different. cell to which it refers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Superscript symbol for the letters c, f, q, and z.

Please add a superscript symbol for the letters c, f, q, and z. Formatting a letter as superscript in the cell doesn't translate to Microsoft Word table legends. These are the only letters currently missing a superscript symbol option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Paste value different excel file

When copying cells with values to a different excel file, paste values does not work. Ctrl--cmd--v. Rather it does the annoying paste special

Paste values works within the same excel file, but not to a different.

Please fix

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please return the customized keyboard!!!

Customized Keyboard option is really helpful to make the app work for you efficiently.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix Slicers Formatting

The formatting for slicers won't work. When you click to modify a slicer style, all the options are table elements instead, not slicer elements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Let user control decimals; do not automatically modify input values

Excel will change the number of decimals displayed when a user inputs numbers. For scientific and engineering applications, this has huge impacts on our data.
    The input 2.00 is very different than 2, because fewer decimals displayed implies that we have not measured precisely or that we have a large amount of error in the number.
    This applies across Excel. For example, I recently made a chart where the data was measured to three significant figures (ie my inputs were 5.24, 6.00, 6.25) but the line graph on the y-axis shows the markers "5.2, 5.6, 6, 6.4." This makes my…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix view header problem

Opening files in Excel Mac 365 created with a template using Excel (Mac) 2011, headers are overwritten when I use View->Headers and Footers while viewing in "Normal" mode. Instead of displaying the header contents from the opened file, a blank header is created, erasing the previous header contents. When this happens, the footer is unchanged. If instead, the file is being viewed in "Page Layout" mode, the header is displayed correctly and can be modified. Seems like a bug in the Normal view while operating on some older files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If type "11-12", have it echo "11-12'", NOT "12-Nov" !!!

Why that ugly, stupid format?
    If I has wanted "12-Nov",I WOULD HAVE TYPED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base